Account name change - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Account name change

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Raynebow

Raynebow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post this, but I didn't know where else to go.

So, this is my problem.

I've had my Ragnarok account for a long time, many years, and have been semi-active. Ok, so I had already binded my account to my warp portal account, so on and so forth. It worked a few months ago and everything. I paid my account and went to log in and it told me my account name or password was not correct. I know for a fact they both were, as it has ALWAYS been the same. But I figured, for whatever odd reason, maybe I had changed my password and had forgotten. I went into warpportal and tried to recover game password, and it told me my account name was not allowed to have special characters in it. (my account name has always been [accountname] ). So, I submitted a ticket, (several, actually). It has been SEVERAL days and i have yet to get a response. In my ticket, I also included 5 alternate names to have it changed to, and there have been no changes, no responses, NOTHING. I'm somewhat annoyed, because my account is paid for, I have everything I need, but yet I cannot log into the game and play. Is there anything else I can do at this point to have this problem resolved?

Thanks for your time,
Raynebow

#2 Raynebow

Raynebow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

I read somewhere that the support team is on a backlog of tickets, so I thought I should add the fact that I originally submitted a ticked on 10/18/10. Just so I didn't get a reply stating that fact.

I understand that there are only so many tech support people, but for a ticket to go that long unnoticed?

And that is also why I have submitted a few (more like 5...) new tickets as well. I just want this resolved =P.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

Please be aware that tickets are placed on a queue and are answered in the order in which they are received. That said, the backlog of tickets is because people are sending more than one ticket about the same issue. By sending in more than one ticket, you are essentially contributing to the backlog and extending the time which other people will have to wait to get their tickets answered. So if you end up waiting a long time for a response, it's because other people have done the same as you by submitting multiple tickets about the same thing.

#4 Raynebow

Raynebow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

Understandable. Like I said above, I sent my first ticket in on 10/18/10, kept checking back every day, nothing. I waited until 11/14/10 to send in my second and third, mostly because I put in the wrong server, for which I closed the wrong ticket. And sent another in on 11/16, because I was frustrated and annoyed that it had been almost a month since my first ticket with no response. I DID pay my account prior to finding this out, so, if you were in my shoes, with a paid account and not being able to access it, what would you have done? I have never had a problem with my account name and logging on prior to this time, since about 2005, so why now? All I'm looking for is for someone to realize that, yes I may not have been in the right to submit multiple tickets about the same issue, but I am not wrong for waiting patiently, until recently, to have this matter resolved. 10/18- now is quite a long time to let something slide, no matter the reason. Especially since my friend, who sent a ticket in about a week ago regarding a different matter, had his ticket responded and resolved in a matter of 3 days. Why not mine?

At this point, I'm just tired of waiting for my turn. It's been long enough =\.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:05 PM

If you have a Support account (registered separate from a WarpPortal account), you can reopen tickets that have been closed.

Personally, I would simply keep replying to the same ticket, as in my experience I've found that replying to the same ticket instead of adding a new one to the queue expedited response time to my problem.

#6 Raynebow

Raynebow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

Done, and done. Multiple times.

I'm just growing impatient.

I do appreciate your help though =)

Hopefully, everything will work out in the end.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

So you've opened tickets now close to a month ago and had no response? o_o

#8 Raynebow

Raynebow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:09 AM

Yessir. My original ticket was opened 10/18/10.

I'm sad face panda =(

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

Make sure you've checked on the website itself, not just looking at email (because notifications of ticket updates are sometimes blocked). Assuming you've done that, i'd try pming heimdallr via forums - 1 month delay in response on an issue that're preventing you from playing at all is ridiculous.

#10 Raynebow

Raynebow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

Thanks! Will PM him.

And yes, I leave the support site up, viewing tickets, and refresh every so often (and of course the occasional log out, log in). I never really rely on email to begin with.

#11 Raynebow

Raynebow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:42 AM

Update 11/20: Still no response to any attempts at contacting via tickets or messages. Very sad Raynebow =(

#12 MogManX44

MogManX44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:11 PM

this is pretty disheartening seeing as im waiting on a ticket as well, this poor guy has been waiting this long, even after pming a mod still nothing.

is this typical of the warp portal staff?

is the warp portal staff existent?

if so, are they human?

if so, do they speak ENGLISH?

i'd really like to get my problem resolved, but HELP THIS POOR GUY OUT ALREADY!

#13 Raynebow

Raynebow

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:00 PM

this is pretty disheartening seeing as im waiting on a ticket as well, this poor guy has been waiting this long, even after pming a mod still nothing.

is this typical of the warp portal staff?

is the warp portal staff existent?

if so, are they human?

if so, do they speak ENGLISH?

i'd really like to get my problem resolved, but HELP THIS POOR GUY OUT ALREADY!

I don't think it's normal of the staff to take this long, which is why I was growing worried. They ARE on a backlog. My ticket was responded to about an hour ago, which I am happy about, although in the response it did say that they were forwarding it to a manager (how long will that take?).

My only REAL issue is that I had already paid my account before realizing this problem, and the lengthy response time was frustrating because I couldn't play.

And, I'm not a guy, in case you were referring to me with "help this poor guy out already" xD

#14 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

No, this is far from typical gm responsiveness. It's usually slow, but nowhere near this slow.

And, I'm not a guy, in case you were referring to me with "help this poor guy out already" xD

In many circles, "guy" is gender-neutral unless implied otherwise by context. This likely varies by region.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 November 2010 - 10:34 AM.

#15 Haldor

Haldor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

On a note related note regarding the thread title, I wish there was a way to change an account name. My now support account was created by my ex girlfriend(of almost 4 years), and I'm getting sick of having to type her stupid account name in. =P

I sent a ticket in, but they said they "don't provide such service."

asshats

#16 Evionne

Evionne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:47 PM

If they send the forwarding to manager response to you, don't forget to reply back to it. I didn't reply to it for well over a week, thinking that it was one of those 'Please don't reply, we're working on it' responses, but that doesn't seem to be the case. -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users