Renewal January 28th Maintenance - Page 12 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal January 28th Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
307 replies to this topic

#276 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

yes two people can win the same raffle , it has happened a few times already

#277 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:22 AM

well with the announcement fix regular players actually can't keep track of any shenanigans anymore :P

raffler is also just making unintelligible announcements in pront now; looks like hexadecimals or something.

#278 archiew

archiew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

well with the announcement fix regular players actually can't keep track of any shenanigans anymore :P

raffler is also just making unintelligible announcements in pront now; looks like hexadecimals or something.

yeah like 0FF00 and then my ground petite kill count now says ground(square)petite.. blabla

#279 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

Welcome to Skynet Online.

#280 Setluks

Setluks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

Why they removed the KBC from the Raffle??

#281 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:09 AM

it's not removed; it's probably RNG. and raffles are probably taking longer to cycle through now that people have wised up. I've seen raffles for sunnies expire because no one wants them.

#282 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

raffler dying 2 days after it started, lol

update it with better stuff :P

#283 poringpet

poringpet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 12:08 AM

how about making the loot for higher level non botted monsters actually worth picking up and rewarding instead of giving botters so much of an advantage. it would also be nice if the people that paid money for items in boxes were given a little bit of respect too.by that i mean please stop spamming the same items.i hope you guys releaze a little bit that theres about 1to7 advatange with the kafra boxes vs zeny sellers.i spent 750million zeny on my +9HBP theyll be in the low 30s by wensday put it in a few more months this year so i can whatch people throw them on the ground to clear out inventory space.FAWs arnt far behind a massacre either and another thing that autumn hat is selling for around 400million while its second class counter part lyrica hat is worth like what 2million how does that resemeble an attempt at balance?and WHY WHY WHY did you guys put MCAs and sloted mids in the raffle thier already dirt cheap the price on those has dropped around 65-70% in the last year. just stop doing events or anything no more please just stop

#284 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

^ QQ harder please.

#285 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:47 PM

Learn how to market imo

#286 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

QQ timeeee
last month i sold my uber useless +0 autumn headband for 100m, now it worths 300m. whaaaaaat!

#287 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

Learn how to market imo

This ^

There is no way you expect to be good in RO without being able to read the market somewhat and plan for trends

#288 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

I think him and LTpain are guild co-leaders

#289 Bobania

Bobania

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:45 AM

Learn how to market imo

When there is a variable in marketing that drastically alters future predictings and there is no foretelling, your advice goes out the window. He's saying that that is what events are.

The irony is that to "Learn how to market" you have to pay attention to QQ'ers, sometimes. BMx3 are skyrocketing, people are complaining, coincidence it's guaranteed in this month's box? There are a number of examples like this, such as Enriched Hammer majestically appearing for a short period of time. The irony is that he's QQ'ing and QQ'ing is a factor of marketing.

#290 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:49 AM

Exactly, so learn how to take advantage of when people cry. The people crying end up usually screwing themselves and making me a ton of money at the same time. They're annoying but I have to thank them.

#291 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

dig a little deeper and ask yourself why bmx3s are skyrocketing in the first place. if it weren't for the boxes, can you imagine how high the bmx3 prices would be? they'd be bordering on the absurd.

The QQs generally seem to be coming from a handful of sources who are clearly hoarding these items specifically so that they can gouge other players. if it were a true problem you'd see way more people complaining about it than just the same one or two every time.

#292 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

People just don't like when their poorly constructed investments don't pan out. I mean it's worth trying to influence the CMs I suppose but when it's literally only good for you and no one else wants it you probably should just eat the loss or hold out long term in hopes whatever you have appreciates in value. If it's a consumable, odds are it will appreciate in value again sometime, if its an equip that was best in slot and no longer is, you're probably out of luck.

#293 Bobania

Bobania

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

Exactly, so learn how to take advantage of when people cry. The people crying end up usually screwing themselves and making me a ton of money at the same time. They're annoying but I have to thank them.

Lol, yeah. There is an advantage to be taken in the scenario, I agree.

dig a little deeper and ask yourself why bmx3s are skyrocketing in the first place. if it weren't for the boxes, can you imagine how high the bmx3 prices would be? they'd be bordering on the absurd.

The QQs generally seem to be coming from a handful of sources who are clearly hoarding these items specifically so that they can gouge other players. if it were a true problem you'd see way more people complaining about it than just the same one or two every time.

It's their marketing strategy to horde the boxes and gouge other players. Just as well, I'm sure tons of QQ'ers are people that can't handle a good ol' fashion grind and need their BMx3 fix.

Hearing people going from Novice to max level in a week or two's time is also bordering on the absurd for any player who's been around long enough (then again these are the people that can afford to do that, too...).

#294 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

well bmx3s have an outsize effect when you end up with a significant increase in level and exp required to get there without any real content to level on. and since a significant portion of the population is involved in the high end pvp/woe scene, it's keep up or get left in the dust and crushed so yes, viewed in that light, bmx3s are going to be almost mandatory in that situation.

there's a point where the game stops being a "good ol' fashioned grind" and it becomes cruel and unusual punishment when you're pulling down like a couple thousand exp per mob because there's nothing within your range anywhere that's not subject to exp penalties.

going from 150 to 175 is like going from 1-150 3 more times, and you'd still be short almost 300 mil exp.

#295 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

Hearing people going from Novice to max level in a week or two's time is also bordering on the absurd for any player who's been around long enough (then again these are the people that can afford to do that, too...).

It only took me about a month to get my RK from 1/1 High Novice to 99/70 LK, only having VIP for about half that and without using any battle manuals and honestly being pretty laid back in the grinding. As someone who grinded the 1 to 99 road back in pre-renewal way too many god damn times, leveling from 1 to 99 in renewal feels substantially easier than it was back then.

Of course, I've yet to grind the third class levels and I imagine the road past 150 will be excessively hard, but that's a challenge I'm willing to accept when the time comes.

#296 crustman

crustman

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

January lucky box fail and this raffle fails.

I think gm need to check ragial and eden to calculate how much things are and see what the trade price at.

I feel GMs are kind of ignorant at the markets

#297 hemanthkumarv

hemanthkumarv

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationIndia, Bangalore

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:52 PM

I think they should add gold scaraba card in raffle  :questionmark:

#298 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1726 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Add memory of thana card. Guarantee zeny circulation drop by 70%. hue

#299 3305141201055603410

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:40 AM

They should add new prizes, or just take him out now.

#300 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:14 AM

January lucky box fail and this raffle fails.
I think gm need to check ragial and eden to calculate how much things are and see what the trade price at.
I feel GMs are kind of ignorant at the markets

if you can't turn a profit with the current lucky box you're clearly doing something wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users