Tiki Tuesday Q&A thread for 2/17 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Q&A thread for 2/17

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

We're out of the office on Monday and Friday so it's a very short week! I'll be helping extensively with the maintenance planning on Tuesday so I won't be able to do a long broadcast. Please check the previous threads to see if your question has been answered before. 

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

hey Oda, can you go through the valentine's day quest chain to work out some of the kinks that still exist?

it looks doable but it's pretty buggy and a lot of the dialogue/text is incoherent.

thanks, and enjoy the rest of president's day weekend!

We're going to try to run through it tomorrow. 

#3 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:18 PM

Hi Oda!  :ani_bo:

Any plans on fixing the Daily Quests from Valentine's Event for them to give Exp or something?

Yes, they will be updated with exp rewards this week!

#4 Kabod

Kabod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

Oda, can you please confirm if these three items are implemented in Renewal. I checked in game but I can't find the NPC that sells these.

http://www.divine-pr...uality-cooler-1
http://www.divine-pr...pecial-cooler-1
http://www.divine-pr...bullet-magazine

I recall seeing the High Quality Cooler and Special Cooler in Sakray (USRC) being sold as spell components. http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=179

The Mechanic skill called Cooldown requires the coolers; the skill works differently depending on the cooler equipped or possessed. The Cooling Device is the only cooler available from the Prontera Black Marketeer and Rune Midgard Allied Forces Post Black Marketeer.

Also, the above NPCs don't sell the Vulcan Bullet Magazine which is supposed to be like an Archer's quiver that can carry more ammo with less weight.

If they are really not in Chaos Renewal, please make them purchasable from the NPCs mentioned above.

I wanted to post this in the Bug or Proposal/Suggestion section of the forum, but this is neither a bug nor a propasal as these items were merely forgotten to be added in game during the 3rd class update. (This has been unnoticed for so long due to the low Mechanic population)

Edited by Kabod, 15 February 2015 - 08:39 PM.

#5 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:38 PM

Oda, would it be possible to make an event that cut homun's exp table in half? (just like jump start event a while back)

Possible we'll have to test. 

#6 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:40 PM

These are some concerns that I have and what I've gathered from pRO players as well regarding the migration:

ITEM-RELATED:

• Is there already an official list of items that cannot be brought over from pRO to iRO?
  • pRO had refine deeds that instantly over-upgraded gear to a certain refine level without fail (unlike our certificates). What will happen to the tons of over-upgraded gear?
  • Will KVM gear be brought over? pRO had a large influx of KVM gear together with those MVP cards.
  • If a MVP card is carded to a piece of equipment, will that piece of equipment disappear as well?
  • I believe that zeny isn't being brought over to iRO. However, some may be hoarding tons of NPC-sellable items and loots instead (i.e. treasure boxes) to get around this. Will there be any restrictions on item quantity as well?
  • Just to confirm, when accounts are migrated, will the storages and carts be intact (except for the restricted items, of course)?

OTHER STUFF:

• Will pets and homunculi be migrated as well? Will they retain their loyalty levels?
  • Will quest flags be retained? Hopefully, characters won't have to repeat quests they've already done. Also, items like The Sign and Lucifer's Lament need to remain in players' inventories.

Note: Sadly, I may not be able to watch the livestream because my commute is a pain in the butt. I'd appreciate some answers on this post as well. Thanks~

We will have more information on the items soon but MVP cards will be removed but the original item will remain. Over upgrade levels above 10-11 will likely be reverted to 10-11 (Plus 20 no way) high value items like treasure boxes will not be brought over storages, carts, homunculi should survive. We will try, but quest progress may not be able to be transferred cleanly. 

Edited by Oda, 17 February 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#7 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:25 AM

Oda kun, please update boxter to accomodate valentine lucky box. i want to see that octo balloon suffers like floating ghost.

Next week!

#8 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:45 AM

any update on chain lightning bug fix?

We will have to create a detailed report to send to kRO.

#9 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:07 AM

any update on chain lightning bug fix?

We warlocks would love to have this fixed...

#10 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:34 AM

Hello, I was wondering if we're getting a VIP boosted rates event soon, it has been reaaaally long since last one, and even longer since last double drop event. Pleaaase~~

Also, did you guys know the glast heim temporal boots have got an important update? the muscle fool effect has been changed, and they drain sp when you switch them out, might want to ask kro for updated effects!

Late edit; when will you get a fix for the MVP exp becoming negative, as you said it happened? I understand you changed exp events to not work on MVP for that reason did it without notice but did you ask kro about it? I consider it a big bug ~_~

VIP boost will start this week!

Edited by Oda, 17 February 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#11 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:43 AM

I understand that it's a short week, and with pRO closing down, the Community created hats are going to have to continue sitting on the shelf a while longer. But can you confirm whether or not there ARE plans to fix these? And possibly a time frame as to when the process of looking at them will begin again?

We intend to work on them starting again in March. 

#12 seaechiowai

seaechiowai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts
  • LocationIrvine, SoCal USA
  • Server:iRO Renewal Chaos

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

Please do something about battlegrounds, it's empty.

#13 kriZchan

kriZchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:59 PM

hi, wheres the new server hardware going the be situated? and will this affect the chaos server hardware in anyway?

United States, California. It will not affect Chaos' hardware.

#14 THBronx

THBronx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

Are the buffers bots from central Izlude and outside Payon cave allowed (thanks for the info @fuyukikun)? About those 2 at Izlude: one of them is using the same guild tag of the buffer from Prontera.

How can WP control people creating buffers bots? How the new players from pRO wil learn / understand that this kind of thing is restricted to a very small list of people?

We're going to be contacting the operators of the buff and warp bots to ask them to cease operation and will be working on having NPCs set up to replace many of the things they are currently being used for. Originally they asked and we gave limited permission to operate but with new players coming in it's not something we want new players to see as something they can do as well. 

Edited by Oda, 17 February 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#15 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 17 February 2015 - 01:36 AM

Are the buffers bots from central Izlude allowed? There are 2 there right (one bot is using the same guild tag of the buffer from Prontera).
How can WP control people creating buffers bots? How the new players from pRO wil learn / understand that that kind of thing is restricted to only a few players?

and one outside payon cave

#16 toskene

toskene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 17 February 2015 - 02:31 PM

Are there plans to re-add the Steam VIP+Item Mall Points for $15? And if so, is there an ETA for its return?

I've been holding off renewing my VIP until the option comes back. No VIP sort of kills my desire to play RO.

:p_cry:

They may come back in the future but the amount of points they gave out was too generous to be an all the time thing. 

#17 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:04 PM

please let us know when this vid is reuploaded.  the first half is muted b/c of copyrighted music issues D:

#18 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

dang it. 

#19 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

:(

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

At this point, you should just have RO's BGM on while playing. Certainly not worth it to use copyrighted music at all with how aggressive Twitch has become.

#21 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

At this point, you should just have RO's BGM on while playing. Certainly not worth it to use copyrighted music at all with how aggressive Twitch has become.

Yeah, they don't target video game music. There's also a selection of tracks that have been cleared with Twitch for use.

#22 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

We will try, but quest progress may not be able to be transferred cleanly. 

That's kinda worrisome. If ever the quest progress cannot be cleanly transferred then might as well just wipe it out rather than have circumstances where people have broken quest progress.

Anyway, thanks for the answers, Oda. :)

Btw, what was playing on that video anyway?

Edited by Exuro, 17 February 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#23 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:33 AM

By the way, better include witherless roses and frozen roses to these high value items list. :)

#24 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:00 AM

and 1/2/3-carat diamonds, mastela fruit, etc. anything that is npc purchasable and can be OC'd for a decent amt.

#25 THBronx

THBronx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

Are the buffers bots from central Izlude and outside Payon cave allowed (thanks for the info @fuyukikun)? About those 2 at Izlude: one of them is using the same guild tag of the buffer from Prontera.

How can WP control people creating buffers bots? How the new players from pRO wil learn / understand that this kind of thing is restricted to a very small list of people?

We're going to be contacting the operators of the buff and warp bots to ask them to cease operation and will be working on having NPCs set up to replace many of the things they are currently being used for. Originally they asked and we gave limited permission to operate but with new players coming in it's not something we want new players to see as something they can do as well. 

Thanks!  :no1:

I tried to check the vid but I think it's not available yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users