Assassin build for PvE and PvP I am trying to make (Please help) - Assassin - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Assassin build for PvE and PvP I am trying to make (Please help)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 agungwidhip

agungwidhip

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:05 AM

I am trying to make an Assassin that is good for both PvP and PvE, and this is what I have in mind, please tell me your opinions, I'd really appreciate it.

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

must have skills in my opinion:

• Hiding (maxed)
  • Cross Impact (maxed)
  • Mark of Genocide (maxed)
  • Shadow Form (maxed)
  • Shadow Explosion (maxed)
  • Shadow Assault (one point for the stunt)
  • Ymir (maxed)

Skills I hesitate:

• Double attack (will I need this one for PvE?)
  • Poison (should I max, give it few points, or just leave it? is it useful or not?)
  • Shadow Fiend (i'm not sure if it's helpful)
  • Grimtooth (I prefer maxing this skill, but I need your opinion, still a little bit confused, should I max it, or just give some points?)
  • Shadow Armor (this skill seems promising, what I don't know is if I should max its point or just give it few points?)
  • Shadow Strike (well, this actually is for mark of shadow, how many points do u think should I spend on this skill?)

Stat:
My stat build, as you can see, is full STR, as some friends suggested, and it's great :D

Skill rotation I'm planning:
Hide > Shadow Armor > Cross Impact > Grimtooth > Shadow Strike   > Shadow Explosion
another option iI have in mind is inserting Shadow Assault in the beginning for PvP.

UPDATE:

Thanks to SilentHero13 and HokaHoka, I changed my build as follows:

• I gave shadow claw max point, as I know now that it also gives penetration ^^
  • I changed my STAT to full STR, I think it's gonna be more useful.

So what do you think about this build guys? Please help me, and thanks in advance. :)

Edited by agungwidhip, 23 February 2015 - 10:35 PM.

#2 SilentHero13

SilentHero13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Locationサンフランシスコ
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:L o a d i n g . . .

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:41 AM

Personally I think Shadow Claw and Grimtooth are worth maxing. Keep in mind that you also get penetration with the Shadow Claw. I usually use Grimtooth when my hp starts to lower or a middle skill rotation. I have Shadow Strike maxed for mark of shadow as well. :P It's a pretty decent skill. Almost all sins I know don't have Poison. (I still do though, but only at 1.) It's not a skill you would want to max (I've/others have tested it) because the DoT is weak. As for armor, I believe most sins have it maxed for the cool down. It's helpful when you need to survive pvp/pve boss aoe. I'm not an expert at armor so maybe someone else has better things to say. >__< I'm a full STR build. Not sure about the other stat builds out there, but I'm pretty sure AGI is obsolete... (correct me if I'm wrong) VIT is nice too, but kind of comes down to if you value hp over power. (or if you wanna balance it out)

I left some skills unanswered since I'm kinda borderline with them as well, but these are just my thoughts/personal build so hopefully it helps a little!

Good luck with your build!

#3 agungwidhip

agungwidhip

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

Personally I think Shadow Claw and Grimtooth are worth maxing. Keep in mind that you also get penetration with the Shadow Claw. I usually use Grimtooth when my hp starts to lower or a middle skill rotation. I have Shadow Strike maxed for mark of shadow as well. :P It's a pretty decent skill. Almost all sins I know don't have Poison. (I still do though, but only at 1.) It's not a skill you would want to max (I've/others have tested it) because the DoT is weak. As for armor, I believe most sins have it maxed for the cool down. It's helpful when you need to survive pvp/pve boss aoe. I'm not an expert at armor so maybe someone else has better things to say. >__< I'm a full STR build. Not sure about the other stat builds out there, but I'm pretty sure AGI is obsolete... (correct me if I'm wrong) VIT is nice too, but kind of comes down to if you value hp over power. (or if you wanna balance it out)

I left some skills unanswered since I'm kinda borderline with them as well, but these are just my thoughts/personal build so hopefully it helps a little!

Good luck with your build!

After knowing that shadow claw also has penetration, I think it's worth maxing too now ^^ (the description in the game doesn't show about the penetration so I didn't know about it before, thanks ^^). A ML sin told me that he give one point for the poison to prevent rogues n rangers hiding in PvP, but I haven't put any point to it, still unable to decide about the poison for now. As for grimtooth and shadow armor, I think they both are worth maxing.
N yeah, I think it would be such a waste to put stat points on AGI, so I will put the whole points on STR.

Thanks for the input, it's so useful, really appreciate it, now I have better sight of the build I'm trying to make. :D

#4 SilentHero13

SilentHero13

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Locationサンフランシスコ
  • Server:L o a d i n g . . .

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Awesome! Glad you've got a better idea for your build. ^^ Have fun with it~

#5 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:38 AM

The way assassins perform is different with the implementation of Morroc patch, both in PVE and PVP.

There are new and revamped skill effects, rendering the good old ones obsolete.

The reason is that, with the huge increase in vigor, assassins can reduce their cooldowns, making a path for ultimates to be used often.

Take a look at Double Attack. The bread-and-butter of thief classes is rarely if ever used now.

The Poison dot is way lower now. No one should give a point to it (and Dagger Throwing. C'mon, it's AoV!).

Shadow Fiend can be compared to my Gloria and Mage's emblems: it's all about RNG. So if you feel that RNGesus (sorry, Odin) is always with you, then feel free to get a 12% chance of free dps.

Shadow Claw corresponds with the status build you choose. If you go the str way like SilentHero, then a 5% increase isn't really visible IMO (but too bad it also grants penetration). Better give those points to another skill...

... like Shadow Armor. Seriously, since you will be luring a lot in party, you need this bad boy! Don't expect that priest to throw maxed Assumptio to you.

As for the Shadow Strike, you might want to max it for the yummy buff. Shadow Explosion is a no brainer.

Stat wise, better go full str now. Why? While agi is great and all, it was nerfed with the blueseed overhaul. You can get it back from +50 or +80 runes (Eddga-exclusive) if you still can't part with agi. Choose Osiris Cards if you feel rich, or just stick to Mummy Cards (some people combine them with Isis Cards to get penetration).

Pump your vigor! You want to activate Batman mode as often as possible.

All above is only about 1-on-1 assassins. If somehow you feel the need to contribute in killing the mobs, a maxed Shadow Fang would hurt, albeit would also take some points from Shadow Strike and Shadow Explosion. Well, you can always use your Pokemons pets.Just don't touch the Grimtooth. It's sweet.  :p_love:

So, Semoga Berhasil (Good Luck)! 

#6 agungwidhip

agungwidhip

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

The way assassins perform is different with the implementation of Morroc patch, both in PVE and PVP.

There are new and revamped skill effects, rendering the good old ones obsolete.

The reason is that, with the huge increase in vigor, assassins can reduce their cooldowns, making a path for ultimates to be used often.

Take a look at Double Attack. The bread-and-butter of thief classes is rarely if ever used now.

The Poison dot is way lower now. No one should give a point to it (and Dagger Throwing. C'mon, it's AoV!).

Shadow Fiend can be compared to my Gloria and Mage's emblems: it's all about RNG. So if you feel that RNGesus (sorry, Odin) is always with you, then feel free to get a 12% chance of free dps.

Shadow Claw corresponds with the status build you choose. If you go the str way like SilentHero, then a 5% increase isn't really visible IMO (but too bad it also grants penetration). Better give those points to another skill...

... like Shadow Armor. Seriously, since you will be luring a lot in party, you need this bad boy! Don't expect that priest to throw maxed Assumptio to you.

As for the Shadow Strike, you might want to max it for the yummy buff. Shadow Explosion is a no brainer.

Stat wise, better go full str now. Why? While agi is great and all, it was nerfed with the blueseed overhaul. You can get it back from +50 or +80 runes (Eddga-exclusive) if you still can't part with agi. Choose Osiris Cards if you feel rich, or just stick to Mummy Cards (some people combine them with Isis Cards to get penetration).

Pump your vigor! You want to activate Batman mode as often as possible.

All above is only about 1-on-1 assassins. If somehow you feel the need to contribute in killing the mobs, a maxed Shadow Fang would hurt, albeit would also take some points from Shadow Strike and Shadow Explosion. Well, you can always use your Pokemons pets.Just don't touch the Grimtooth. It's sweet.  :p_love:

So, Semoga Berhasil (Good Luck)! 

Well yeah, that's a great advice, but I still can't decide about the poison, it's not the damage that make it good, it is the ability to prevent other players from hiding in battles.

And for shadow fiend, I think I'll just pass it, for now :v

Yeah I couldn't agree more with you about shadow armor, it's decided that I need to max this then!

And about the grimtooh, how does it work? Does it heal 20% HP for every mob or I get 20% everytime I cast it, no matter how many mobs I hit with it?

For stat, yeah, I put my whole points on STR ^^

As for shadow fang, I think I'll leave it for now, I can still contribute in killing the boss :v

Terimakasih atas wejangannya, sangat membantu ^^

Btw, are you an Irish player?

#7 leyhysteria

leyhysteria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationGlass Haven
  • Server:My Bed

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Hi Hi,

As per the grimtooth, it heals only 'ONCE', the number of mobs you hit with it doesn't matter, you only get the 20% every time you use it. As for shadow fang,  I agree to just leave it or just get a level 1. Maxing shadow armor is a BIG YES. you'll be GOD for 5 seconds 100% invulnerability. Tho sometimes minimal damage still get's through, and not to mention maxing it will grant you less cooldown.

#8 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

Lol at 'Irish', if anything, I'm Indonesian. /heh

Yes, I'm in Iris server btw.

#9 agungwidhip

agungwidhip

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

Hi Hi,

As per the grimtooth, it heals only 'ONCE', the number of mobs you hit with it doesn't matter, you only get the 20% every time you use it. As for shadow fang,  I agree to just leave it or just get a level 1. Maxing shadow armor is a BIG YES. you'll be GOD for 5 seconds 100% invulnerability. Tho sometimes minimal damage still get's through, and not to mention maxing it will grant you less cooldown.

thanks for the advice, I've maxed my Grimtooth and Shadow Armor, n they are great :D. As for shadow fang, I left it, I think I'd better spend the precious points on another more useful skill ^^

Lol at 'Irish', if anything, I'm Indonesian. /heh

Yes, I'm in Iris server btw.

haha, sorry, this whole time, I tought the server's name was Irish :v

glad to know that you're an Indonesian, n playing in Iris server, can u please PM me your nick so I can add you? It's gonna be better to talk in the game I think :)

#10 HokaHoka

HokaHoka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

IGN: HokaHokaBento call me Randy

Server: Iris (or Fenrir when we're merged)

Class: Sorcerer

I have a plan to play on iRO2 when everything has been balanced tho....

Edit: I actually have a truckload of alts and I also have no main for I love trying all classes. However HokaHokaBento is the toon that I almost always play.

Edited by HokaHoka, 30 March 2015 - 10:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users