Monster AI Update - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Monster AI Update

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

Can this PLEASE be a thing? I'll buy $2000 in KP the second this becomes a thing. This would revitalise the whole. Damn. Game.

#27 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:36 PM

The loss of pre-Renewal monster mechanics would've been easier to swallow if they had implemented this new monster AI as a trade-off.

#28 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:55 PM

I'm on the side of not liking this too much. The rest of the AI change seem workable, my problem is the dwolves. It's a great update on paper, but it's more harm than good in my opinion. Not every 99-101 have a lot of options where to go. Exculding low and mid TIs, they have Nogg road, Juperos, the magmarings, the snowiers, the pinguiculas, the wakwaks, the raydrics, and the dwolves. Dwolves make the second best money in loot after the pinguiculas, the other places you pretty much lose in money after putting in supplies into consideration because mobs hit so hard with ranged attacks or have some crazy super monster that can blindside you. So if Dwolves get that much more aggresive, then some of the classes or people who's not geared as well are forced to only go to Nogg just to be able to break even and level. The Dwolves stage will be not worth going to, as its current merit is that a squishy class can kill there. I'm basing that on my personal experience of running Supernovices and Mechanic. The only classes that are not affected too much by this are the classes that are already doing well in PvM anyway, such as Rangers, genes, gx, rk, warlocks and sorc. Frankly it's my favorite stage to go to for characters that are in that level range. I have so many good memories of it. I mastered ice wall trap trick there, used my first ice launcher there, so on.

"If it aint broke, don't fix it."

But RO is broken >.<

That's dumb, it's not a challenge, it's just ruining what's perfectly fine. It's just reducing content in effect. People are gonna just stop going there, period. Are lowbies leveling in the geffen tower 1st floor after they gave it a "challenge" by overloading it with hunter flies? No, people just moved onto mjolnir 6. There are plenty of places that are "challenge" enough at that level, that's the whole point of me saying that there are not enough places where glass cannons can level. It allows the game to have more variety, to allow more classes raise levels. Look at all these challenge stages for the low 100s-Undersea tunnel 6, Nightmare Pyramid, Guild dungeons, holy grounds, Geffenia. Don't you see how empty they are? Taking away places that squishies can barely go does not do good for the game.

But we have gramps for easy mode >.<

#29 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:42 AM

Imagine an AI system like this in the Biolabs dungeon... :rice:

Mini necroooooooo

#30 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:48 AM

which ai you want? marga hada crush on seyren, then she starts following him. by the time seyren dies, marga will cry...

#31 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

or when several KK gathers together, they will cast comet

#32 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:51 AM

Mini necroooooooo

Don't worry. Something like this needed to be bumped for great justice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users