Geffen Magic Tournament issue [Update 4/15] - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Geffen Magic Tournament issue [Update 4/15]

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#126 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:17 PM

didnt know that fenrir can drop 2 scrolls at the same time  :P. I was like whoaah did the mvp card just dropped?? but then.. meh 

DBul27r.jpg

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 28 April 2015 - 03:18 PM.

#127 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:41 PM

The quest bugged for me on 20th of April.

7:00 - 7:50 pm Atlantic Standard Time.

The quest has never bugged for me until then. I "solved it" by skipping one hour equivalent to the first time it bugged. So far, no casualties.

Edited by Noxnel, 02 May 2015 - 08:43 PM.

#128 MournHaibara

MournHaibara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 276 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

So now you guys put the tournament guide in the field to avoid bug, but new issue rise. Now after round 3, 6, 9, 12, when the healer appears, talk to the tournament guide immediately after you defeat the previous opponent, before the healer appear. By doing when the healer appears you will already be in the next round, and the healer will be there for the entire 3 rounds, and you can get heal anytime, even when you are fighting you opponent. By doing this you can have the healer in the field starting from round 3 till the end of the tournament, and you can get healed whenever you want.

Well this is good thing for us players maybe, I don't think it is what you guys want. So fix this please

#129 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:39 AM

its kinda great with this new approach. I dont have to wait for the npc to finish his speech, just straight talk to the guide to proceed to next round after defeating every opponent  :p_laugh:

#130 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 05:26 AM

So now you guys put the tournament guide in the field to avoid bug, but new issue rise. Now after round 3, 6, 9, 12, when the healer appears, talk to the tournament guide immediately after you defeat the previous opponent, before the healer appear. By doing when the healer appears you will already be in the next round, and the healer will be there for the entire 3 rounds, and you can get heal anytime, even when you are fighting you opponent. By doing this you can have the healer in the field starting from round 3 till the end of the tournament, and you can get healed whenever you want.

Well this is good thing for us players maybe, I don't think it is what you guys want. So fix this please

I've made a note of this on the BLOB.

#131 gozaru

gozaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationassassin house
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

cant go next round by burning effect kill :p_sad:

#132 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:31 AM

Unfortunately the healer NPC is tied to the old scripting of the quest so we'll probably have to remove that. Will you guys be able to survive without it?

#133 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

the burning damage is a pretty big issue too IMO.

#134 TrulyLazy

TrulyLazy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:44 AM

I ran into the issue with the burning status killing the opponent as well, but not sure if anything can be done about burning damage killing the monster given that a kill count is used to proceed. Next "solution" might be to just make all of them boss flagged so no worries about burning at that point.

Edited by TrulyLazy, 08 May 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#135 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 11:54 AM

Tbh, I don't mind the healer npc to be gone.

So I tried the instance today and I like the new change, but I encountered another problem. It might be the burning effect from db as mentioned above but I could swear I didn't see the effect on the monster. Was at the 5th match, defeated the wizard and attempted to talk to the npc to move to the 6th match but he never moved my rk nor I got the reward for winning. My quest log at that point was stuck at requesting to defeat the opponent at fifth match.

I think I will start running replay next time I do the instance to be sure.

#136 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

^ it is probably the burning effect. if you do not get the killing blow then you will not be able to advance.

one unintended fix was the elimination of the polymorphing cheese method. since the monster you end up killing isn't the one the script is expecting you to kill, you also are unable to advance. :P

#137 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:10 PM

I'll miss polymorphing. At this point they should make all mini boss like TrulyLazy said, to avoid burning kill count bug.

#138 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

everyone needs to kill ju legit now :o

incidentally, making them all boss flagged would eliminate the polymorphing as well.

#139 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:17 PM

Well, they should've been boss flagged from the start!

#140 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

But if they are not boss flagged on kRo and it still works, they probably found some other solution

#141 TweekMeFokkeR

TweekMeFokkeR

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

I reserved the instance, clicked the device when the instance was ready. Then Boom! disconnected!

Could not log the same character back in anymore, the rest of the characters are working perfectly fine from the same account.

I didnt even reach the Geffen Map, and now my 1 day Geffen Tournament Access has been Wasted!

What a waste!

Edited by TweekMeFokkeR, 10 May 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#142 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 10 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

be lazy, make them all boss for the burning issue =D

#143 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:37 PM

cant go next round by burning effect kill :p_sad:

This is my issue,too.

Monsters died by Burning effect cannot get the count and Geff Tourney monster cannot be respawned. This should be serious issue.

#144 armourer84

armourer84

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'll miss polymorphing. At this point they should make all mini boss like TrulyLazy said, to avoid burning kill count bug.

I disagree. I have only WL character and need them frozen. Give all them boss protocal make this class more nerf.

Edited by armourer84, 10 May 2015 - 06:42 PM.

#145 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 05:57 AM

I disagree. I have only WL character and need them frozen. Give all them boss protocal make this class more nerf.

i agree with this.

I don't think but don't mind polymorphing should be there. But I don't think the first 10 mvps should be boss flagged at all, due to certain classes' need to use stasuses an them.

The kill count thing  should just sense when the monster is gone from the map - like how it is for nidhoggur's instance. You don't need to be on screen to exact the guardian kills. You can leech them and move away.

Edited by KamiKali, 11 May 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#146 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:05 AM

nidd doesn't exactly work 100% either ._.

#147 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

nidd doesn't exactly work 100% either ._.

Yea but that's due to something else - guardian not spawning, or the detection is off.

#148 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 08:50 PM

sadly i didnt take a screenie, and i dont know if this bug has been reported yet or not but there's an issue in round#7 with the Kagerou - Kuro Akuma.

i was using a 193 aspd axe mech and i failed to bring seeker shoes with me, so i couldn't sight Kuro. to keep damage going on him, i was using Lava Flow. well i kinda killed him while he was still hiding, and because he was hiding the killcount didnt show up in my quest log. Kuro's NPC dialogue kept going and finished, but the main NPC wouldn't let me advance w/o the kill count.

#149 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

I killed him while he's hiding on rk (have to forcefully use water db now to avoid getting stuck). I think the problem you faced was while it was hiding, the lava flow inflicted burning status, and so the kill count bugged.

#150 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:23 AM

it's actually kind of annoying that the npc doesn't pop out of whatever hide/cloak he uses even though he takes damage. it's like beefed up cloak exceed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users