Congratulations Bar - Community Feedback wanted - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Congratulations Bar - Community Feedback wanted

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Feeback - "Congratulations Bar" (65 member(s) have cast votes)

If we would have the possibility to remove the "Congratulations Bar", what would you prefer?

1. Remove it please! (57 votes [89.06%])

Percentage of vote: 89.06%

2. Keep it as is please! (2 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

3. I'm fine either way (5 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

Vote

#1 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends,

we would really appreciate your feedback on the following subject.

Let's assume we would have the possibility to remove the Congratulations Bar sometime.

What is your opinion about this? 

If we go on assuming, we either would have the possibility to remove it or to keep it as is. Sadly there would be only black and white, nothing in between at all. In other words, there would be no possibility to let it show up for less items, to make it show up less or to give it another position for the time being.

So, continuing to assume, what would be your personal preference? 

Would you like it kept as is with no changes at all or would you better like it removed. Or would you be fine either way?

I know that many of our players only read here in the forums, so I set up the poll for you just to vote on one of the three options.

If you want to give feedback in the way of posting your opinion here, feel free to do it.

Example:

I like the congratz bar, because...

-or-

I don't like this thing, because... 

Please note: This is a feedback only topic regarding a serious question. It's not meant for discussions about the subject or other player's opinions. 

Like a said previously, for the time being all of this are only assumptions. It is neither a promise nor a refusal.

However, we rely on your feedback regarding this. 

Thank you!

Edited by VModPopcorn, 28 March 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#2 Prockzone

Prockzone

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:30 AM

Personally, I do not like the Congratulation bar because most the time when it pops up, it interrupts me chatting or doing something else. It also pops up when someone fuses some rings (Caracha Solar/Stella/Lunar Rings for example) which means some minutes of Congratulation Spam (depending on the amount someone fuses). It also is kind of annoying if you drop something really rare (which is displayed by the congratz bar) and you get tons of whispers.

Edited by Prockzone, 28 March 2015 - 01:30 AM.

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 28 March 2015 - 01:35 AM

If you should ever have the possibilities to remove this damn annoying  thing, please do so. Pretty please, thank you. :p_smile:

It covers about any buff/duration time/group member sign when it pops up. I hate that. Every single time it pops up I just feel bothered and annoyed by it.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 28 March 2015 - 01:37 AM.

#4 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:24 AM

Please remove it. As I mentioned in another topic, I think it is the single worst feature in the game.  :p_ang:

It constantly obscures important information like the buff/status icons and the stage number in F6/F7.

#5 pluumy

pluumy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 03:58 AM

i personally dont dislike the congratulations bar. id rather see it kept in place and given a better purpose in the future, than it being removed. 

Edit:

Please note: This is a feedback only topic regarding a serious question. It's not meant for discussions about the subject or other player's opinions. 

No discussions about other player's opinions please. This shall stay a pure feedback topic. Thanks.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 28 March 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#6 McPikachu

McPikachu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:28 AM

Hi all !
This bar hides a lot of information at the top of the screen, and stops the typing in chat or in the search bar (Market, group, etc ...)

The information it provides,  are not very useful, especially when the greater part of the items considered "rare" are not at all for the most part of the players!

I am for a withdrawal of the bar, or else a more accurate selection of items it displays! (The problem of the 2nd option is that each player has different criteria to judge the rarity of an item ...)

<snip>

Edit: sorry for editing out your idea. But this topic is for feedback about the two options we assume. It makes no sense to start a discussion regarding something what is even impossible to assume yet.

Thank you for your understanding. 

Edited by VModPopcorn, 28 March 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#7 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:20 AM

or else a more accurate selection of items it displays! (The problem of the 2nd option is that each player has different criteria to judge the rarity of an item ...)

As I said in my initial post, change of items shown or position of the bar is not possible. It's also not what this topic should be about. Sadly a discussion about items that should be shown instead is neither useful nor helpful and makes this feedback topic kinda chaotic.

I'm okay with your feedback so far, but please keep the following in mind:

At the moment you have to decide between black (withdraw the bar) or white (keep as it is, with all the items which are shown right now).

Sadly a change of the shown items is nothing we are even able to assume right now. 

Also if we would have the possibility to remove the bar in the near future, there is unfortunately no possibility to change the items which are shown instead. So it stays like this: Either remove or keep as is.

Thank you for your feedback.

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

Please remove the congragulations bar because it's annoying, has no toggle to keep it off, obscures buff duration view, and it's buggy showing the wrong items obtained.

It seemed to be intended as a "Player X achieved this." Or "Player X obtained a rare drop" broadcast mechanic used it other MMOs but its more annoying than beneficial.

#9 qazwsx42753

qazwsx42753

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:I don't know :D

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

keep it, but......

i want congragulations bar is fixed like this 11081501_440700419430624_832945160286045

Edited by qazwsx42753, 28 March 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#10 Prockzone

Prockzone

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:02 PM

If we go on assuming, we either would have the possibility to remove it or to keep it as is. Sadly there would be only black and white, nothing in between at all. In other words, there would be no possibility to let it show up for less items, to make it show up less or to give it another position for the time being.

keep it, but......

i want congragulations bar is fixed like this 11081501_440700419430624_832945160286045

As you can read above you must choose between keeping or removing it, nothing else is possible. Due to this fact, you might want to clarify your answer :p_smile:

Edited by Prockzone, 28 March 2015 - 11:06 PM.

#11 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:05 AM

It shall... perish ! Holy damn annoying thing keeping me from looking at anything at the top of my window.

#12 nguyeenb

nguyeenb

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

Remove it please!!! sometimes i even dont know which stage am i in F7...

#13 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 29 March 2015 - 09:28 PM

i personally dislike the bar because it overrides typing.

it also hides the channel number..

if there was no chioice but to keep it, i wanted to make this exact same suggestion:  

keep it, but......

#14 oClark

oClark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

I like the privacy of not showing any of my items being broadcast without my consent, so please remove it.

#15 Neniwi

Neniwi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:20 AM

Remove it please for now, and when you can...

or replace for a text in something like trade chat with the same information.

#16 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:38 AM

Spoiler

Edited by Rainnowx, 30 March 2015 - 05:40 AM.

#17 xfirebrandx

xfirebrandx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

@ Rainnowx

Spoiler

Most Annoying Congrats announcements:

Element Dungeons. Constantly spamming congrats if someone gets legendary bless and once he openes his chests u get spammed bcause of the juwelery :D

u Cant see ur Bufftimers, and in F7 it covers ur Stage sign.. 

#18 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:12 PM

Spoiler

#19 CLoSeNouGhz

CLoSeNouGhz

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

After reading so many replies from the community, I'd realise that none of you know how to literally "counter" this Congrats Bar isnt it?

Just hide HUD and show HUD again to move the bar behind those buffs icon and F7 Stage thing. If you guys don't understand what I mean, Hit F10 twice next time when that bar appears to see it for yourself. You're welcome  :p_hi:

Still, IMO I think that Congratulations Bar should be removed, it doesn't seems to serve any purpose to the game.

#20 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

Thank you so much for all your feedback!

We really appreciate it. It helped a lot :)

#21 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

After it is very obvious that most of you dislike the congratulations bar as it is now, it will be probably removed with one of the next maintenances.

Thank you for helping us with this decision.

#22 Nobbye

Nobbye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

Thank you! :)

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

After realizing that we sadly can't disable the congratulations bar, our dev team came up with another idea.

Details about it (including a screenshot of the new bar) can be found in our Emergency Maintenance topic:

<link removed, only April Fool>

Thank you!

Edited by VModPopcorn, 01 April 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#24 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:57 PM

After realizing that we sadly can't disable the congratulations bar, our dev team came up with another idea.

Approved, verified and so on. It'll be a great addition to this already wonderful game !

#25 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

if we could have a on/off option it would be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users