Kokeshi's Art Nook - Page 6 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Kokeshi's Art Nook

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#126 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:20 AM

while waiting for her art, i made this lil something for KamiKali >< im struggling with anatomy lol. but i finally fixed it last night and so is the bg. entering coloring phase today. 

its trad btw. i've realized im faster on trad than digital (cuz my laptop is damn old and lagging T^T) haha anyway happy holidays to everyone and i shall spam my inktober works on DA as soon as i could get time to edit the scans. :D 

angel_by_mozarellacat-d9lqzx8.png

#127 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:13 AM

Doesn't look so trad to me. *_*

#128 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:07 AM

well it was scanned haha. had to tweak levels and such XD thank you though. ill take that as a compliment haha

#129 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:55 AM

It is a compliment. lol. I always admire artists who are great at doing traditional art. For me, they have the most genuine form of visual art, hence they're the genuine artists. It's a shame that I have forgone all aspirations I have to better my trad art skills coz for some reason, I think that my art take better shape when done digital. The drawback, it takes a lot of time. =V 

#130 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:17 AM

thank you again. true digital art, does take a lot of time. but i still envy people who could render in full in digital. T^T im just held back by my ultra slow laptop at home. (thats why sometimes i sneak commissions at lunch in the office). XD

on the other hand... i'm not really that kind of traditional art girl.. well i used to paint in canvases before but that's long gone. i self studied a couple of mediums like the markers and watercolor and gouache because ive added / made friends this year with really amazing artists who most of them are in the comics, animation and illustration industry. it kind of set off some creative vibe in me that made me push for it. XD maybe 2016 i'll be doing more trad than digital art.

dont be afraid to try. if you are at least take inktober as a challenge. it all started there

Edited by kokeshicat, 28 December 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#131 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:24 AM

sorry for the lack of updates TuT my laptop's hindering me from rendering too much 

anyways here's 1 down for the long overdue commissions :sob: 

paradise_between_by_mozarellacat-d9sf9oe

Spoiler

Edited by kokeshicat, 20 February 2016 - 02:26 AM.

#132 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

If you put your artwork into storage, the link was moved under the Submit button.

#133 kimmiethekookie

kimmiethekookie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationAt the bottom of the cookie jar... :3

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:55 PM

I may or may not have looked through this thread from start to finish. :v

Your works are amazing!! They are so lovely and the colouring is perfect... Everything is so awesome. I love your watercolours especially since I find trad art to be extremely challenging.

I'm also from the same country so Helloooo~ I will 99.9985% prolly be stalking you now. LOL just kidding.

Anyhoos, looking forward to see more of your stuff. :3

#134 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:04 PM

*gives a cookie* thank you so much :'D haha stalkers are welcome lololol. glad you liked my watercolor works :'D they're pretty WIP but i'm glad they're looking good as i've wanted em to be ;A; thank you so much for the visit :lv:

#135 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 11:07 PM

ola~ i made some chapter illustration for Saralen's RO fanfic: The Brier of Fensalir 

brier_of_fensalir__an_encounter_of_disco

honestly I haven't done story illustrations that's why I took the challenge >A<  hopefully i could do perspective/ bg practice here as well

I'll be doing this once in a while since I have commissions to tend on days.

for now I'm having a week break for rest and enjoy a bit of our couple anniversary and will be back next week :lv: 

i kinda overused my art juices coming up with designs for a upcoming local art fair/market that me and my colleagues will be participating. >A<

#136 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:21 AM

I can't believe I haven't left any comment on your art thread yet. *slaps self* Your art is awesome! Thanks for sharing them. I really like browsing your Instagram too, the original works as well as fan arts of others. You have a really nice art style and good grasp of realistic style as well.

I like your signature too! XD Nice to see Devil and Angel drawn as well, when I saw them AFKing at Prontera I was like Ohhhhhhh Kami got BOTH that name. How awesome! 

Love your line arts too, so clean yet the variance in thin and thick lines are well controlled. Loving the details. :3

#137 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

I can't believe I haven't left any comment on your art thread yet. *slaps self* Your art is awesome! Thanks for sharing them. I really like browsing your Instagram too, the original works as well as fan arts of others. You have a really nice art style and good grasp of realistic style as well.

I like your signature too! XD Nice to see Devil and Angel drawn as well, when I saw them AFKing at Prontera I was like Ohhhhhhh Kami got BOTH that name. How awesome! 

Love your line arts too, so clean yet the variance in thin and thick lines are well controlled. Loving the details. :3

ah! ;-; senpaiiii Fier! thank you so much. i have so much to learn but to hear from you and others i realize i'm improving. ;A; thank you for taking time looking at my works >////<

#138 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:29 AM

lil commercial haha. (im too lazy to separate my gallery and commission thread :v) 
i made a sea lion chopstick rest (which imma use for my waterbrush as rest :lv:) using air dry Terracotta clay which i discovered at the book store here :D

12799305_1060945173972372_19375214821933
i used to make porings out of these.

(old pics. :o i haven't been playing with clay for a long while XD the most intricate ones i ever did was that spore :lv:)

Spoiler warning. big images XD

Edited by kokeshicat, 09 March 2016 - 01:31 AM.

#139 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:49 AM

What type of finish did you use for the poring? I've been disappointed by the inability to get sharp lines and fine detail with an enamel glaze. I'm about to start experimenting with wax resist glazing and something similar to sgraffito. I've also considered leaving a piece in bisque to see how it takes a lacquer or resin based finish.

#140 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:24 AM

They're so cute!!

#141 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 12:08 AM

@richiedagger- i just wasted my transparent nail polish on it haha. XD it kinda got absorbed later on by the clay ._. but still solid. just a bit matte and glazed. i have yet to try the usual varnish. there's a lot to try but they're expensive XD

@kamikali- thanks ^u^ im glad you liked them :3

#142 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 06:02 AM

@richiedagger- i just wasted my transparent nail polish on it haha. XD it kinda got absorbed later on by the clay ._. but still solid. just a bit matte and glazed. i have yet to try the usual varnish. there's a lot to try but they're expensive XD

Most nail polishes are lacquer or synthetic resin based, so I suppose the third option I'm considering would achieve a similar finish. That resolves the main concern I had--how well it would adhere to the surface over time. Thanks.

#143 Kaiverta

Kaiverta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

Adorable chibis are adorable. :o

#144 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:03 PM

Most nail polishes are lacquer or synthetic resin based, so I suppose the third option I'm considering would achieve a similar finish. That resolves the main concern I had--how well it would adhere to the surface over time. Thanks.

what's your third option :o maybe you could try it over a sample of clay before you apply it on the final product. :> just in case :D 

Adorable chibis are adorable. :o

thank you :'D

#145 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

what's your third option :o maybe you could try it over a sample of clay before you apply it on the final product. :> just in case :D

What type of finish did you use for the poring? I've been disappointed by the inability to get sharp lines and fine detail with an enamel glaze. I'm about to start experimenting with  wax resist glazing  and something similar to sgraffito. I've also considered leaving a piece in bisque to see how it takes a lacquer or resin based finish. 

I usually just jump in and forget about stuff like test samples. I'll try to remember to fire some scraps along with the finished pieces so I can experiment with it.

#146 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

oh my bad. i was rushing on reading i didn't notice you listed em there xD resin based finish would make a good choice. though it would take hours or day for it to dry on an open air afaik. 

i have yet to try those you listed :> some of those aren't really available in my country. getting stuff ebay is expensive considering the corrupt customs here in my country lol. 

------------------------

[EDIT:]

Hello everyone! QAQ 

first of all thank you guys for the support *A* it makes my heart jump for joy whenever people notice my art, esp. those who even take time to pm me here! thank you ;A; 

though i have to address the on-going "invisible wait list" that as much as i wanna put up right now, i'm afraid i wanna just keep it at bay and focus on the current stuff i am doing a.k.a. remaining commissions from last year and Kawaii Art Market stuff i'll be selling this April here in Manila and this sudden Game Art talk i'll be guesting at the end of March aaaaaa! >A< i'm so sorry if I couldn't accommodate everyone at the moment. 

I will let you guys know once I open the commission slots again for this year. I am grateful for all your support and kind words. :'D 

p.s. I hope some of you could attend Kawaii in PH's Kawaii Art Market ;w; its my first con actually.ahahaha. i'm overboard with stuff to silkscreen, watercolor and print lololol.

Edited by kokeshicat, 13 March 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#147 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:45 AM

this is highly inspired by this mtv which has been in my head since I found it:

Spoiler

don_t_fade_away_by_erineclair-d9w1640.pn

say hello to Mirelle (ranger/ my char in GTRO) and Nobunaga (sura) 

Edited by kokeshicat, 21 March 2016 - 07:49 AM.

#148 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:44 AM

Thats a very emotional and very well done piece. Sorry that you were sad. It hurts when people change.

Your art is getting to be better and better.

#149 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:09 AM

thank you Mayhem. i guess im that clingy. @u@ mehehehe... 

anyway easter egg update-- because i joined (even though my backlog's pleading to be plucked :heh:-- i'm progressing tho. @v@B). hoping for a good Easter egg hunt/ weekend for everyone.

U3Yqa5g.png

SUkQkgH.png

PROCESS *CLICK ME!*

i was inspired by my friend's pet -_-atiel. it looks like a combination of Hoothoot though :heh: i was gonna do Shelter-- but i've decided to save the extra egg for my easter egg prank :P

#150 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

Oh wow I wish I check your art thread more regularly! So many nice new arts. I have been very bad at keeping up the threads here lately. orz I love that you also have craft arts sculptures in your art threads!  +_+

I like doing craft works myself! Thank you for the inspiration Kokeshi. :3 I'm really pumped to draw and create again.

Absolutely loving your egg entry too~!! So pretty!! It's going to be so hard to judge. ;w;;;

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users