• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Methodology

Methodology

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:37 AM

I'm a new player and was just curious if someone could help me pick a class. I'm looking for a class that does well in pvp. i don't care at all about pve. I would like a class that is enjoyable to play as well, something that makes me think about what i'm going to do next, possibly something that has more than one strat so i can switch methods if i'm getting rocked.

#2 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

possibly something that has more than one strat so i can switch methods if i'm getting rocked.

I've played most of the classes but in my opinion
archer --> hunter --> pathfinder --> sentinel

They're very versatile in PvP.

Three main launches that also relaunches to help carry and support your team.
High damage, fairly low cooldowns, all three have their own unique AOE, can use to infinite combo, and the use of the infamous AAS!

Three different traps and a net. Defensive, offensive, harrass, and disable.
Silence trap: Silence an opponent to prevent them from using and skill.
Freeze trap: Immobilize and prevents any actions.
Bounce trap: Disable dash and jump.

Many options with gear compare to other classes. My favorite; stacking movement speed!

#3 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:30 PM

Top tier: Knight and Infiltrator
Upper tier: Mage and any Archer
Middle tier: Gladiator
Lower tier: Bandit and Wizard

Okay, any class can be good if used by the right person or stacked with the right stats - however, some classes have a lot more useful things at their disposal than others, thus making them easier to use and easier to own with.

Knights can infinitely stun with low-cooldown moves, block many attacks, and have the highest HP. No contest.

Infiltrators have a homing attack, can block attacks, have hide evade, have high crit, have fast attacks, can lock on the ground. Also no contest.

Mages can heal, freeze(at a decent rate), frogatize(at a ridiculously high rate), and spam X to kill folks. Stack HLT/Evade and the person'll go crazy trying to kill you.

Archers have AAS spam, 'nuff said. However, each one has their own little bonus. For instance, gatling gun is devastating and very easy to land, the rest of the marksmens' attacks are also pretty devastating. Hunters can constantly relaunch enemies, and all their skills are instant and have low cool downs - they also have extremely high evade, and get a passive skill that raises aim/crit rate by a considerable amount.

Gladiators have all the tricks of the trade, but the fact they are mostly melee hinders them at times. An evasive opponent (both motion and stat wise) can make Gladiators' head do a 360 fifty times over before they can even land one attack. Also, despite their skills being "instant", some sure do take too long to register - such as the stun hammer which has a limited AoE and is easy to dodge even once it has been executed.

Both bandits and wizards lack any catching skills, blizzard and most of the other magic moves cannot hit midair opponents for some reason either - the cool downs aren't all that great either. Bandits on the other hand can be between middle/lower tier because once they catch an opponent - the opponent is usually dead within a few attacks. That's assuming they actually catch them first (which is harder and harder to do).

I'm rating it based on their skills, not anything else. Because as all PvPers know, it depends who's using the character. Some idiots fail to utilize any of the uber moves Infiltrators/Knights possess, while some "pros" can make wizards look like hackers.

Regardless, it's a FACT that knights (followed by infiltrators then archers/mages) are the best pvping class.

Note: "Mage" is what we call the healers on this server for some reason, the base class (1-20) is Magician.

Edited by Tundra, 19 November 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#4 Methodology

Methodology

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:23 AM

Thanks, that helped a lot. It seems from what you say the pvp is overall well balanced and thats getting me pretty excited to play this game <_< .

#5 Thuy

Thuy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 November 2010 - 12:30 PM

Thanks, that helped a lot. It seems from what you say the pvp is overall well balanced and thats getting me pretty excited to play this game <_< .

Not quite. In 1v1 matches and probably in 2v2 you will definitely see class imbalances. In larger matches the class imbalances are less noticeable due to teamwork. Your gear plays a big role in PvP.

#6 Paxon

Paxon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 579 posts
  • LocationBehind you ^^
  • Server:I forgot which one

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Knights=Indestructible walls of meat
Inflitrator=Untouchable bug
Monk=The bouncy ball
Archers, any

#7 Ooni

Ooni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationYou'll Never find me! >:O
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 26 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

agree with knight= undestructable 1 vs 1 pvp unless your archer
weak infiltrators you can kill. infiltrator= master combo.
wizards= lock
Bandit=decent lock
myrmiodime= tornado/blade kill
ugh to lazy to think of other ones

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users