New Weapons are coming out!. - Page 3 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Weapons are coming out!.

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#51 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

Just a little Pre Server Merge questionnaire. 

Both servers, exact times I don't quite remember though it was probably close to 4~5 pm server time.

How many times have you ever seen a normal mini-game (not a super boss/spawn thing, or CM/GM shop) announced on the forums?

It was announced in-game roughly 10 minutes before hand (every 5 minutes was another announcement, that would be a total of 2 until it started).

That's the problem.  There are not enough mini-games and not enough things happening between mods, cm's, or who the eff ever.  And 10 minutes in-game?  C'mon....we both know that's not a good amount of time.  12-24 hours would be perfect for mini-games.  But I guess it won't matter anyway.

I think you are losing sight of the fact that the things you are asking about were done by CM's (community managers). CM's have in-game powers like a game master. The CM's can spawn monsters and prizes. They can teleport players to different maps. They can truly run mini events.... and the CM's are paid employees so it really is "their job" or at least part of their job.

The MODs are volunteers who are willing to give some of their own free time to check the forum or watch for zulie sellers or w/e. They also have lives and jobs and families and they are giving Rose as much of themselves as they can. To say that they have a "moral responsibility" to give even more of their time is untrue and also unfair. They aren't compensated for what they do- they do it because they love this game.

It's unfortunate that Rose does not have a CM now that Shaz left, but you shouldn't expect the MOD's to take his place. MOD's can only do so much. In a big company like this, only actual employees are given powers because they are under the company's control. MOD's don't fall into that category. From what I've read, what they can do is very limited and that's done intentionally.

You keep saying it sounds like excuses- clearly you have never been a volunteer. No matter how much you care about something, it's unrealistic to expect people to work or go to school all day and then spend all of their free time at night volunteering. No one would do that- not even you.

I'm sure if Leo is unhappy with any of the MOD's, he will handle it with them individually. They sure don't deserve to be beaten up by some community members because they don't fill a CM's shoes.

I do not care who it is whether it's CM's, MOD's, GM's, or whoever...  Nothing is happening on the servers.  As someone who HAS volunteered and who IS employed, I know that whatever you do, and if you like it, you put more effort into it than anything that you wouldn't like.  It is safe to assume that these mods, cm's, or whoever have not been putting their best foot forward to make sure that the server is being active and lively.   Class representatives aren't even looking at the class section of the forums frequently, addressing the issues, trying to resolve them or come up with some answers, and relying it to Genesis (who i have spoken to in-game who says the class representatives have not informed him of any issues with the classes) the issues and problems with the obvious pattern of the classes being unbalanced.  

Just because I am just a player who has complaints doesn't mean they should be shunned away.  We, as the players, have spent real money and real time on a game as if we were customers.  We are not the annoying mom you have to deal with for 5-10 minutes the 5 kids at the movies that is just coming to watch their movie for a couple of hours and be on their way.  We are frequent regulars that come on this game every other day to play and some of us have been frequent customers since the opening of this game.  My point is that I feel as if I am not being heard and that other players are not being heard and as someone who has actually spent his money that he worked for on this game, sometimes, I don't feel heard enough.  That's my problem and that's the problem with everything.  I do sympathize with the leaving of Shaz and it being hard to do things without a CM but life goes on.  I, as a frequent customer, shouldn't have to sympathize but I do.  So again, life moves on and it just sounds like excuses are being made.  No need to take anything to heart but it's just my perspective and how I feel about how things are going.    

#52 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationCoolin In Veridian City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

heres my honest opinion. 

i played this game since original first generation beta .

i was a member of HandOfFate Guild to any of you who were even around long enough to know who they were before second generation and duping. 

ive played this very game as Evo and Irose etc and i have to be completely real with you.

i know you want to cover the backs of those who work hard to keep this game as lively as possible despite how dead it is in reality and i commend you for that. HOWEVER, this game even when gravity was in charge was still GREATLY lacking in development, creativity, AND stability. 

Not taking anything away from the few people who keep this game going with content etc, but as an old school player im just going to say that i fully agree with everyone thats saying that they have no faith that new planets will EVER be released. 

wish i could say otherwise because maybe it would make me return to this game.

i actually miss it. i just dont see new planets happening.

#53 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

I am sure that leonis is working on solutions. But the merge is pirority atm. I am sure that some things will change after :).

#54 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

I am sure that leonis is working on solutions. But the merge is pirority atm. I am sure that some things will change after :).

Let's cross our fingers!  

#55 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:36 PM

maybe it would make me return to this game.

oh, you have an opinion about a game you no longer play, interesting. 

Edited by Feuer, 21 April 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#56 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 April 2015 - 10:10 PM

longer longer play

longer longer longer?

#57 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 April 2015 - 02:15 AM

That's the problem.  There are not enough mini-games and not enough things happening between mods, cm's, or who the eff ever.  And 10 minutes in-game?  C'mon....we both know that's not a good amount of time.  12-24 hours would be perfect for mini-games.  But I guess it won't matter anyway.

Not trying to put down the most recent mini-game, considering I was one of the winners. 
But if you would have waited 12-24 hours for that mini-game, I assure you, you' would have been severely disappointed. 
(truthfully, I didn't even keep my prize, gave it away.) 

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 21 April 2015 - 02:15 AM.

#58 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:32 AM

no longer, longer? lol yeah typo for sure, corrected. 

#59 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

yes i do have an opinion as i am still apart of the warportal community . also, i do still have an account as do many people who are no longer considered active players in this game. i posted my opinion on the matter because like many others who are no longer active, i would STILL like to see further story progress in this game. (which i will say was quite obvious in my post where you quoted me saying "maybe it would make me return to this game") 

i love rose but once it got boring and there wasnt any continuation of actual new game content, a lot of people left.

id love to see the new planets and things of that nature. we all would. but as i said before and as others have said, i dont really see it coming. Cant blame us for feeling that way considering how long this game has been around.

if it comes however it would be absolutely amazing and im positive a lot of players would come back around and start frequenting this game again. 

it really is a fun game over all. ill keep an eye out to see how things are going with the progress. 

#60 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:28 PM

95% of your post was you talking about yourself. The only relevant thing i got from your post was "I'd like new content, but I don't have any expectation of it". 

Technically we have new content, and a lot more coming. There's been almost a complete rework from the ground up over the last 1.5 years. It just seems that it's not the content you WANT*. 

So from your two large posts I got

- I'd like new content but doubt it will happen

- If new content [which we've had] came out retiree's would come back.

- I need to justify myself by talking about how longer ago I played.

Not trying to troll you, I just think you over compensated that post. 

Edited by Feuer, 22 April 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#61 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

i actually took the time to read everyone's replies and it doesn't look like i was the only one to share that sentiment. also by content, im referring to the planets which i only mentioned because they were mentioned before.

i do log in from time to time and talk to players just to stay caught up on things in case something exciting happens.

like i said in the first post, im glad that they have worked hard with limited resources to keep this game alive as long as they have so im not downing them.

Id love to see new planets and such but thats a huge task to take on especially for such a small dev team.  

its not about how long ive played so much as it is about how long this game has actually been around versus how long ago new planets were in conception.  

(and again im not the only one who has mentioned this) 

take what you want from it (as im sure you already have lol) 

hopefully we will see it some day. im definitely looking forward to it. 

#62 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

I'm not usually one to make excuses for others, and I don't plan to do that today either.

By all technical standards, there is no reason why we haven't expanded to Skaaj or Karkia yet. The 2 re-works on Adventure plains, The rework to Valley of Luxem Tower and Breezy Hills could have all been spent making 1-2 brand new maps and fixing a few annoying things on Orlo. It was a bad decision. 

Also, the time spent making GA modes that are too large for our current player concentration was also wasted time. While yes, it's good to have options, after releasing CD + AA, it should only have been obvious that there is not enough players to warrant making DP a GA mode. That map could've been pocketed until Clan Wars were fixed, and allowed back to that purpose.

Also, there are a few un-used maps in the game, the most popular being Birth Island + Lion's Plains [where we held the 2014 PvP Tourney].

Essentially both of those maps could be turned into some form of 'new' content. 

The best thing for the next GA mode should have been a small group size Arena for PvP, and still is. They've already hinted at another new PvP mode and I only hope to Hebarn that it's an Arena style mode 2-5 players / team. Or else they'll just be wasting even more time and shooting themselves in the foot when they really cannot afford it. 

Now, I'm not saying those modes were done shoddy. They're perfectly fine in fact, but that time could have been spent much more wisely.

And as for the constant obsession with 'fixing' lower game content, it really does need to stop. Its take one step back to make a step forward on repeat, like running on a treadmill. So, you managed to retain players during the early levels, grats, but once they get to the end game content and go 'what now' the first thing most the player base is going to say is 'Yeah, that's all you get, we've been waiting for 6 years so GL'. Hands down, that will leave a sour taste.

I digress. My point was that you've managed 3 posts now, leaving essentially the exact same message

You don't play actively, you don't have any hope or faith that new planets will ever come out, and that you used to play long time ago.

See the difference here? I can pin point things that were wrong, how they could have been fixed, or done better, instead of just putting it down. It's not constructive criticism coming from you, just criticism and pessimistic outlooks. 

Edited by Feuer, 22 April 2015 - 05:21 PM.

#63 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

definitely pessimistic and im not trying to make it seem like its anything otherwise. 

but the points you just made in most of that post have contributed to the lack of faith from the follower base.

CW was definitely a great addition i even loved the dungeons when they released them and the maps that came with them were really cool too (this was a while ago but i really enjoyed it) 

from my understanding in the past however, there had been a considerable amount of work completed with the next planet etc. 

dont mind my ranting as im sure its not the first time someone has. To be honest, ive played many games since ROSE and nothing really ever came close for me. 

I really hope to see a new planet at some point.   I Didnt know they spent so much time changing the lower level content. 

Luna always has been my favorite planet. SOOOO many awesome areas. We will see whats in store though. its still very early in the year. 

#64 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

^ see, THAT is a good post. Details, covers topics, has good volume and a point. 

#65 Scribe

Scribe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

all of them had a point no matter how repetitive.

we are all entitled to an opinion even if it isn't necessarily "constructive".

you are equally entitled to your own perception of my words. thats what makes a forum so great. 

ive shared my thoughts and you've shared yours. Im sure we were both seen and heard lol. 

#66 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

Seen yes, heard, highly doubt it in all honesty. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users