Where to go from the Training Grounds? - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Where to go from the Training Grounds?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

Okay, so the Training Grounds seem to have changed a lot as well, with much fewer NPCs in the castle, with the fact that after listening to the required lectures, you get teleported to the battle field without being asked whether you want to and are unable to go back, and so on.
Now my character has reached job level 10 after hunting monsters, all while avoiding being trampled to death by stampeding bots. If he's going to become one of the extended classes, whom should he talk to now? As far a could see from other forum threads, the NPC delegates of the "normal" job guilds (the ones who give you those skill manuals to try out) warp you directly to the job-changing location, but the fellow who talks about the extended classes doesn't offer any warp at all. I've seen that the main novice trainer who stands around and heals people (can't remember his name) offers warps out of the training grounds as well, but he just speaks of warping to a town, or something like that, without specifying. Does that mean he sends you to a random town (like what happened in pre-R*newal when you didn't take the personality test at the end of the training), and is this then what those going to be extended classes are supposed to take?

#2 Theoretical

Theoretical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:25-Life

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:13 PM

pLayrAGnarok.com

Then go to classes section. Select which Extended class you wish to play. Under the class description should be a guide to the job change. Some of these are outdated. I suggest searching irowiki.org forums.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

I've seen that the main novice trainer who stands around and heals people (can't remember his name) offers warps out of the training grounds as well, but he just speaks of warping to a town, or something like that, without specifying. Does that mean he sends you to a random town (like what happened in pre-R*newal when you didn't take the personality test at the end of the training), and is this then what those going to be extended classes are supposed to take?

Expanded classes are meant for people already familiar with the game and are not recommended for first-time players. That's the reason why the NPCs do not provide warps for those classes.

However, if you still insist on starting out with an expanded class, here's how you can get the NPC's to send you in the right direction:

Taekwon (Payon)

Since Taekwon shares the same hometown as Archers, you need only ask the Training Grounds NPC to teleport you to Payon (Archer's town).

Ninja (Amatsu)

An NPC in Alberta can teleport you to Amatsu where you can start the job change quest. Have the Training Grounds NPC teleport you to the Merchant's town of Alberta.

Super Novice (Al de Baran)

This is a little trickier to get to for first-timers. Get the Training Grounds NPC to warp you to the Swordsman town, Izlude, and from there make your way to Prontera and go north. Be aware that you will have to pass by Mt. Mjolnir, which is chock full of very strong monsters so ask around to see if someone can teleport you to Al de Baran (if you're on a premium server, simply teleport to Prontera and look for a teleport NPC in the bottom left quarter of the town to teleport to Al de Baran).

Gunslinger (Einbroch)

By far the hardest place to get to for a newbie. Closest town you can get to from the Training Grounds is Izlude (Swordsman town). From there, follow the directions for Super Novice and then go farther north from Al de Baran. Note that even stronger monsters await you past Al de Baran so ask around for a warp to Juno (from there, take the airship to Einbroch). If you're on a premium server, teleport your way to Prontera and then ask the teleport NPC mentioned for Super Novice to take you to Juno where you can use the airship to get to Einbroch.

#4 kalayaan12345

kalayaan12345

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:31 AM

Right then, becoming Taekwon is easy enough, it seems. Thanks. <_<

Some things about the other jobs seem odd, though, perhaps you could clarify:

Super Novice (Al de Baran)

This is a little trickier to get to for first-timers. Get the Training Grounds NPC to warp you to the Swordsman town, Izlude, and from there make your way to Prontera and go north. Be aware that you will have to pass by Mt. Mjolnir, which is chock full of very strong monsters so ask around to see if someone can teleport you to Al de Baran (if you're on a premium server, simply teleport to Prontera and look for a teleport NPC in the bottom left quarter of the town to teleport to Al de Baran).

Talk to the Swordman NPC to get warp to Izlude, and then walk to Prontera? Wouldn't it be easier to talk to the Acolyte NPC and get warped to Prontera directly, and then use Kafra Teleport to Al de Baran (I believe even Valkyrie has teleport service from Prontera)? Even if it is a short way from Izlude to Prontera, but still...

Gunslinger (Einbroch)

By far the hardest place to get to for a newbie. Closest town you can get to from the Training Grounds is Izlude (Swordsman town). From there, follow the directions for Super Novice and then go farther north from Al de Baran. Note that even stronger monsters await you past Al de Baran so ask around for a warp to Juno (from there, take the airship to Einbroch). If you're on a premium server, teleport your way to Prontera and then ask the teleport NPC mentioned for Super Novice to take you to Juno where you can use the airship to get to Einbroch.

Can't you simply use the airship from Izlude to Juno, and then the domestic airship line from Juno to Einbroch?

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

Talk to the Swordman NPC to get warp to Izlude, and then walk to Prontera? Wouldn't it be easier to talk to the Acolyte NPC and get warped to Prontera directly, and then use Kafra Teleport to Al de Baran (I believe even Valkyrie has teleport service from Prontera)? Even if it is a short way from Izlude to Prontera, but still...

It's been a long time since I made my Acolyte, but yes, you could talk to the Acolyte NPC to teleport you to Prontera. (If you're on Valkyrie, that's better since the map between Izlude and Prontera is popular for players to summon strong monsters there.)

Can't you simply use the airship from Izlude to Juno, and then the domestic airship line from Juno to Einbroch?

Ah, I keep forgetting the Airship lands in Izlude. Yes, you can do just that. Just be very careful when you step foot outside of Einbroch because a strong monster known as Ungoliant wanders that map.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 20 November 2010 - 01:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users