First, i apologize to all for my bad English, this is the first time I write a Build/Guide, and English is not my mother tounge, but i will try my best to make you understand.
Now, let's start with Pros and Cons of being a Sorcerer:
- Super fun to play, just imagine that you can unleash tons and tons of AoE skill to your enemies. How cool is that !
- One of the easiest class to play, from level 1 to level 85, you can solo and dish out all kinds of monsters and bosses ( and even elga, of course with decent gears )
- One of the class that have cheapest item : about 70% MAGES ARE INVOKERS, so we can easily buy the stuffs we need without wasting too much money.
- SLOW HEAL and MANA SHIELD : A Gift from heaven for sorcerer. With these skills, and without lag, sorcerers are super thick when PvE, and maybe in PvP too
- Group PVP are designed for Sorcerer, actually that's not true, but your team will gain lots of advantage when having you - powerful sorcerer - in the team. The Crowd Control,DPS, bla bla... are amazing
- Easy to play, but hard to master all the technique, especially in PvP
- Few people play Sorcerer, that's mean items for sorcerer also rares.
- One of the class that have many useless skill
- Awakening Skills of Socerer are not very powerful.
- Elemental damage doesnt stack with most of Sorcerer's skills, so we will have a little disadvantage
Lv1-19 : there are plenty of ways to use ur skill in this period, mainly because leveling with Magician is quite easy, but at lv 19, please use the lv1-19 reset scroll to change your skill to this guide
- Point Burster (0/5): you have it right from the start, and it's suck. After resetting your skill point, dont spend a single SP on this skill
- Air Combo (0/5): just like the upper skill : useless. Do what ever you want to do, then reset and leave it at 0
- Meteor Fall (0/5): kind useful when leveling at low-level, but reset it and leave it at 0 when u reach level 19
- Re-launch (0/5); another useless skill : Sorcerer is a ground-based class, so lauch enemy to the air is not very useful
- Blink (1/1): you will need this skill sometimes in your journey: dodge skill, retreat, stay alive blabla...
- Fortress (1/5 ), Cannon Upgrade (1/5): This skill is for f7 purpose - bombs killer, plash 5 maximum bombs in 1 hit,and give them the poison effect, that 's acceptable.
- Bullet Acceleration (0/5): you only use Fortress in F7, and it doesnt really matter to shoot bullet quickly or not.
- Focus (5/5): worth maxing skill. It give you INT and MATK boost
- Slow Heal (5/5 - 10/10): This is the skill that every other classes want to have ( except for Invoker of course ). It heals you 5% of max HP in 3 seconds at level 5 and 7.5% at level 10. Find Monster card to increase the cap level of this skill or find socket skill card to level up.
- Self heal (0/5): You dont need this skill, Slow heal is enough.
- Magician's Wisdom (0/1): you never use this skill,so...
Lv20 - 39 : Nothing much to talk about this stage, but i will give u some info about skills
- Battle Hit (0/3) : Useless skill. Low damage, close-ranged skill, and Sorcerer is not an X Spammer
- Spear Mastery (0/3): The bonus goes straight to Base MATK, which is useless
- Fire Emblem (5/5) Only 1 word : Great. This is our main damage skill, and it interupts skill casting, moving.. basicly everythings that stands on its way. It's your most important skill
- Energy Condensation (5/5): turn Fire Eblem from Great to Wonderful. Its basicly make the Emblem make more hits while slowing down the sphere speed
- Magic Missile 5/5) Important skill, especially in one-on-one situation ( boss, PVP ). Its give out tons of damage immidiately
- Tornado (2/5) Useless skill. Thats all
- Blizzard (5/5): This is your 2nd important skill, Main skill to catch people in PVP, and of course, give out tons of damage in PVE
- Mana Shield (5/5-10/10) Reducing 30% damage income MAX IT
- Cloud Kill (0/5 or 5/5): This skill is kinda optional. It give acceptable damage, but the animation is long, so it's depend on you
Lv 40 - 60 : Lots of things to talk about
- Energy transformation (2/5): is enough
- Resource Converter (1/3 or 3/3): Optional skill. If you dont want to go to town for pots, just max this skill.
- Mirror Image (3/3): This skill will save your live in many situations ( ex. Elga 1 hit K.O. skill ).
- Disease (1/5): Not very useful, it reduce max HP, which sound great in PVP, but it has cast time. That makes you vulnerable to other players's attack
- Fire Ink (1/5): I dont know if this skill even work. In my char, this skill neither give effect or damage
- Snow Blue (5/5): Nice freezing skill with higher percent than Blizzard, and the range is quite long.
- Staff Mastery (5/5): This skill increase the FINAL MATK, so it's very useful
- Backdraft (5/5): give out nice damage. but small AoE
- Spiral Cannon, Energy Burster (0/5): useless skill, unless u want to use meteor strike
- Meteor Stike (0/5): Totally disapointed with this skill. Beautiful animation, large AoE, but damage is terribly low.
- Frozen Shot (3/3): make Fire Emblem become FABULOUS
Lv 61 - 85 : Your style, your build. At this time, no one will tell you what to do with the skill, you can do anything you want. the skill link is only my way to build, and it fit with my play style.
- Reverse Gravity (0/1 or 1/1): it's kinda lag when i use it, so i dont spend any point here, but, if u want to use it, that's your choice
- Magma Piston (0/5 or 5/5): The only skill of Sorcerer that fills the Groggy bar quickly, and the skill is beutiful, but the down side is that this skill is useful only when facing big group of mobs or when facing big boss ( Ex. Kryos, Shiva... ), and the cast time is really annoying
- Soul Drain (0/5 or 5/5): This skill is beautiful, the damage and effect is acceptable, but only at 5/5 does it become useful
- Time Freeze (5/5) nice skill, works in PVP, help you and your teammate in many situations
- Awakening Charge (1/3): is enough, unless you are using Awakening skill more than Fire Emblem ~~
- Blood Oak (0/5): increase BASE MATK, so leave this aside, dont care about it
This skill build still has 199 spare SP, so you can invest in what you want, but, as i said, you dont have to follow exactly 100% what i did, just follow your playstyle
Now, Item Build :
There's many ways to use item effectively as a sorcerer, u can choose your own way.
Here are some hints to make this process easier :
- Focus on INT, HEALTH, and AGI . One way that boosts those stat is wearing 3-3 or 2-2-2 mix Artifact Costume
- There are rumor that there will be an increasing in our Crit. Damage, so our mission is too boost our Crit. Damage up by mixing 3-3 chaos set item ( lv 61 and 64 set ), try to find items that have Crit. Rate and Crit. Damage opt
- Try your best to make an +8 weap ASAP so ur leveling will be easier, but dont invest too much on weapon.
- Best Opts you should seek are : Crit Rate, Final Crit Rate, Crit Damage,
- Useless Opts : STR ( of course ), Evade Rate, Max-Min Physical Damage.
- Movement speed is always a good option ^^.
- Head, Top, Bottom, Gloves, Shoes, Pads : Mix 2-2-2 Artifact costume is right now the best choice. Nice boost: 90 INT, 90 HLT, 25 AGI (dont know for sure if i'm correct )
- Backpack: Hermes's wing for movement speed, or a Def wing (cape) for extra defense, or any kinds of wing that suit you
- Accesories : Best choice of necklace will be Fire Emblem necklace ( +3 to the same name skill ), Ring will be 2 Compesation Ring, but if you cant find or dont have, you can use anything you want, Earring and Belt are optional
- Weapon : Optional, since there are no best stats for Sorcerer in the opts of the weapons, you can use anythings that fits with ur appearance.
- Balloon: Trip ticket or laptop for stats, but that is not compulsory, so u can use anything u have
- Shield : Optional
- Head, Top, Bottom, Gloves, Backpack, Pads : Use PoS ( Protector of Stars ) set (6/7) except Shoes
- Shoes : because the Opt of PoS shoes is Attack Speed, we can use BDL Shoes for Movement Speed ( +15%)
- Accesories :
Neck : Karzura neck
Ring : Optional. In my opinion, best would be 1 stella ring and 1 solar ring with highest star possible
Belt : 3 Options : Ryvius' Belt of Purity, or Aram's Belt of Wisdom, or Black Dragon Lord Belt with highest stat possible
- Weapon : BLD element weapon is a right choice to make, but you can also use PoS weapon too, so its kinda optional. Both weapon is strong, but if you are looking for the outlook, the BDL weapon is definately the choice to make.
- Shield : BDL shields if u want Magic Damage Drop, or Undead Bone for Physical Damage Drop
- Badge : Legend of Combo or Galaxy Expert
If you dont want to have more movement speed, just use PoS shoes and replace the glove with the Gloves of Alaxandre with AGI or HLT opts
- 1-20: just do all the red quest, and you will survive. Just use quest items, dont waste money on anything. And Job change quest is a little bit hard, because you maybe reset and follow my build at lv 19, and then you dont have any attack skill. In that case, try to ask someone to help you kill the Wolf, this community is the best, so dont worry about no one will help you.
- 20-40 : easy time with a Wizard, do quest, try to do some Hunter G quests to find spare SP or money by selling it to other people. You still dont have to waste money on any kind of items, quest items are still good for you.
- 40-60 : Farm 10k combo medal in F7, make Lavalon's weapon or Aram's weapon, and enchant it to at least +8 to make your life easier, Spam F7 for leveling, And the Accessories should be like this : Earing ( Ryvius's Purity ones ), Necklace ( Kazura ) Rings ( 6 star lava rings or Ryvius purity rings ) Belt ( Aram's Wisdom belt ). Equipment depends on you, but i wear full set mist elf. I strongly recommend that you should do all the Quest lead to F7, because it will help you go f7 without asking for join party ( Wizard is not quite good in hitting bombs, so maybe the leader will leave you at his/her last option. Opener solve everything )
- 60 up : At this moment, you all have had enough experience to conquer Dragon Saga world on your own. so do whatever you like to do.
First, 1v1 PVP
Here are some easy combos the finish off your enemy:
- Run, dash around, bring the enemy off screen -> Magic Missle : this combo never let me down, decrease enemy HP amazingly, and then when they are eating ou missiles, use Blizzard, then Fire Emblem.
- Blizzard or Time Freeze ( catch people ) -> Fire Emblem -> Magic Missle -> Snow Blue -> Backdraft -> Blizzard ( if he/she cant escape and hasn't die yet ) : Hard to begin, but when you've done it, finish the match is easy.
Each class PVP Strategies: In progress
Second, group PVP : This is where we shine, spam everything out, and you will help your team efficently
I guess that is all i know to tell you guys. Remember, this is only one person idea, you dont have to follow 100% of what this guide said. Just be youself and be a strong Sorcerer.
Good luck guys !!!
P/s : I would like to thanks Homurasan, Agitodesu, Infin1tea for helping me finish this Guide
Edited by ChungEm, 02 August 2015 - 02:12 PM.