Trouble Linking Accounts To Main - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Trouble Linking Accounts To Main

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 celestialcat

celestialcat

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

I am currently trying to link a couple accounts to my master account only everytime I try to it says that I am putting in the wrong password. I've changed the password once on one of them to see if that would help but its still telling me that its the wrong password

#2 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:58 AM

It did this to me as well. It auto-detected my RO account, but didn't capitalize it, causing any attempt to validate it to fail.

When I re-entered it manually, it worked.

#3 celestialcat

celestialcat

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

thanks I got my main one to add, and apparently i tried too many times with my alt but now i know how to get them to add

#4 celestialcat

celestialcat

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:07 AM

resolved

#5 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

It did this to me as well. It auto-detected my RO account, but didn't capitalize it, causing any attempt to validate it to fail.

When I re-entered it manually, it worked.

How did you re-enter it manually? Mine just keeps saying its listed above when I try to add existing account, but if I use the [ADD NOW] option, the password keeps giving me a wrong password error.

#6 Broozer

Broozer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:16 AM

How does it actualy auto-detect an account? It auto-added some account i never had on Rose, but each time i want to add my real Rose account it keep saying Password invalid (ironic, cause i can login with the info the second after :)).

#7 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:18 AM

Its detects the accounts that you have on your email that you registered with Warpportal

#8 celestialcat

celestialcat

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

How did you re-enter it manually? Mine just keeps saying its listed above when I try to add existing account, but if I use the [ADD NOW] option, the password keeps giving me a wrong password error.

Mine actually had a capital in the very beginning that I forgot about cuase it had been so long since i have had to use it with a capital. chances are there is a capital somewhere in it, or something that isn't showing up

edit:
right under where it appears is where you can re-enter it

Edited by celestialcat, 22 July 2010 - 10:20 AM.

#9 Broozer

Broozer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:25 AM

But the account it detects is _not_ my account, i dont even know the password of it, i dont even know that username! (lets say my account is called Jack - the auto-detected account is called Jason, wich i dont know).

Great, i got tempory banned from it now..

I login every day on the account i want to add, i know the email 100% sure (i even got the original registration confirmation), keep saying invalid password.

#10 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

Argh I see what you mean.. I added it in as it was, but apparently it was capped. This is pretty silly, can the GMs please take note of this?

#11 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

But the account it detects is _not_ my account, i dont even know the password of it, i dont even know that username! (lets say my account is called Jack - the auto-detected account is called Jason, wich i dont know).

Great, i got tempory banned from it now..

I login every day on the account i want to add, i know the email 100% sure (i even got the original registration confirmation), keep saying invalid password.

The account (Ex: Jason) used the email that you're using for warppportal. Thats why it auto-detects it.

#12 Broozer

Broozer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

Ok this gets funny.

I go the main Rose website, i login (with my real Rose account) to use the Item Mall (in wich i have 50 points). Then from the rightside, i click buy points. I get transfered to the Warpportal and login and buy 1000 points. I see that 'weird' account with 0 points. Then click charge (to transfer energy points to that 'account').

Then i click Item Mall, the 3rd tab, in a popup u see the itemmall loaded.. and gues what? I see the points of my _real_ rose account.

So wich account is then accesing the Item Mall? My real one that originaly logged in the Rose website, or the one from Warpportal?

Ok, i give that 'Jason' account 10 WP and click Item Mall again:
<real Rose ID>, you have 50 points

Hate to say, but no more payments from me, this is screwed up. /wave itemmall.

@dray
let me explain, i have 1 emailadres, always been mine, always will be.
Years ago i made a Rose account on that email, called Jack. Nothing more, nothing less.

If i click 'forgot username', i get an email to that address, your account is called Jack.

Edited by Broozer, 22 July 2010 - 10:38 AM.

#13 Sully7

Sully7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:20 PM

I'm having a different problem: I have two accounts, and I don't remember the email that I registered one of them to, so after a few attempts it actually locked me out of the system for that account. Its been about 8 hours since then, and it still wont let me try to add that 2nd account. Should I just submit a request to Warp Portal support?

#14 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

I'm having a different problem: I have two accounts, and I don't remember the email that I registered one of them to, so after a few attempts it actually locked me out of the system for that account. Its been about 8 hours since then, and it still wont let me try to add that 2nd account. Should I just submit a request to Warp Portal support?

Same problem, and have yet to get a reply to the thread I made about it in the RO Tech Support section. What a flipping pain.

#15 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

I'll add my name to the list of those locked out. I'm also waiting for news on when we can actually add the rest of our accounts again! Sigh.....

#16 Akuma

Akuma

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:59 PM

I keep getting the invalid password thing... Is it because I used a different e-mail to sign up with? >.<

#17 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

I keep getting the invalid password thing... Is it because I used a different e-mail to sign up with? >.<

It might be that your account name was with a Capital letter. Does it have [ADD NOW] when you try to add your account, and then you get the invalid pw?

#18 Akuma

Akuma

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

It might be that your account name was with a Capital letter. Does it have [ADD NOW] when you try to add your account, and then you get the invalid pw?

nah, it's all lowercase.

#19 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

There was a capitalization error, the PW got weirded out during encryption, + the email and user name had to match capitalization of what was registered (instead of the proper don't care on caps).

This is fixed and you should be able to register.

The problem with being locked out was either you didn't know the info, or more likely the errors I mentioned before in this post are what caused you to error. Normally the block period is substantial to prevent brute forcing. But we understand that this is a special circumstance that we sort of made happen, so we are clearing all the current blocks. Which means you can try again now since we fixed those problems.

The logs should be flushed by 11pm.

#20 Lelouch

Lelouch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:21 PM

well w/e that was fixed is still giving me the same problem "invalid password"

#21 Reime

Reime

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

Haha.. Great. The idea to link them to one account is pretty cool, but overall, i'd seriously rather being able to log into my accounts via iRo Website, and paying for them via Paypal on the website like so. Instead of having to register for this, i cant even play my accounts now since I'm receiving that password error when i try to link my MAIN account to this new warp portal thing. Can i just have some mod do it for me? I've already been temp banned. =_=. I was able to get my second account hooked up to this thing fine, since it was already showing up for the email i used for this account, but yeah, i entered all the info correctly, Of course, or else i wouldn't be receiving "Your account has expired" while trying to actually log into iRo.

#22 Sully7

Sully7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

It only locks you out for 24 hours or something like that, so try linking it again today. I've been trying too, but now that they fixed the capitalization error I think I'll be able to get in without a problem

#23 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

nah, it's all lowercase.

It SHOWED as all lowercase for me, but when I re-entered the information manually with a Cap in front, PRESTO! It worked. :)

The other reason is that your password has special chars in it, you might have to reset the pw to an alphanumberic and try again.

#24 chococat

chococat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:31 AM

I'm having issues with adding accounts. I've already validated my email, and I know I used the same email for at least one of my accounts. @_@ so frustrating :P

edit: okay I fail at this site. I kept clicking on the link "add a new account" --that button seemed so LOGICAL. I am adding a new account, but not a "new" account! Anyway there's another button that says "add existing account" never saw that button before, I swear! :mellow:;; Uggh. Head hurts now.

Edited by chococat, 25 July 2010 - 06:17 AM.

#25 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

I'm having issues with adding accounts. I've already validated my email, and I know I used the same email for at least one of my accounts. @_@ so frustrating :glomp:

edit: okay I fail at this site. I kept clicking on the link "add a new account" --that button seemed so LOGICAL. I am adding a new account, but not a "new" account! Anyway there's another button that says "add existing account" never saw that button before, I swear! :P;; Uggh. Head hurts now.

Hope your problem is resolved at least! :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users