auto follow bot legal? or is it manual? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

auto follow bot legal? or is it manual?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#26 Inlustris

Inlustris

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

The most I've done is 4 autofollow with my killer. (5 clients total). It's pretty easy to alt-tab between the killer and the buffer and make it appear seamless. You can shift right click while casting Increase Agi and your Aco class character will go back to following after the cast is complete. Meanwhile before the cast is over you can already alt-tab back to your killer and continue. It's really not hard. My killer is a hunter, and I've quickly and repeatedly alt-tabbed between the buffer and killer while switching targets or double strafing while buffing simultaneously. You don't even need dual monitors for this.

#27 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

The most I've done is 4 autofollow with my killer. (5 clients total). It's pretty easy to alt-tab between the killer and the buffer and make it appear seamless. You can shift right click while casting Increase Agi and your Aco class character will go back to following after the cast is complete. Meanwhile before the cast is over you can already alt-tab back to your killer and continue. It's really not hard. My killer is a hunter, and I've quickly and repeatedly alt-tabbed between the buffer and killer while switching targets or double strafing while buffing simultaneously. You don't even need dual monitors for this.

yes a lot of players can use multiple client with ease.  it just takes some practice.  but still those bots do standout from being a multi client player.  its a little different.

#28 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

yes a lot of players can use multiple client with ease.  it just takes some practice.  but still those bots do standout from being a multi client player.  its a little different.

Agree. They have that typical, identical pattern every single time, with identical delays between each cast. That consistency is what sets them apart for me

#29 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

I always do multiple client and target spells easily breaks my auto-follow, I have to reconnect or change map for it to be fixed which is annoying. While AoE spells like Col Heal/Canto/Clementia/etc. doesn't break auto-follow. What you saw was definitely a bot.

#30 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:36 PM

I always do multiple client and target spells easily breaks my auto-follow, I have to reconnect or change map for it to be fixed which is annoying. While AoE spells like Col Heal/Canto/Clementia/etc. doesn't break auto-follow. What you saw was definitely a bot.

you can toggle /nc off/on to reset the autofollow. it might take more than one try but it's never more than 2-3 at most for me.

#31 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

I don't wanna accuse anyone but, can we ask a gm/cm to have everyone in this thread(including me) be investigated for botting.

Let's do it. You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide.

This is post #31 (dont ask why I said that)

#32 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

the leatrix latency fix helps tremendously with the ctrl click auto following.  It seems to make the auto follow client update its position every second or so instead of every 2 or 3 so auto following will be much smoother.

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:38 PM

from what i understand, leatrix just disables nagle's algorithm. i was under the impression that inu/ren had already addressed that client side already, making leatrix redundant. some people appear to be helped by it, but others are not.

#34 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

it has helped me and more friends than not, so i really don't see any reason to not use the fix.  The worst that can happen is you waste a few minutes of your time.

#35 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:08 PM

it has helped me and more friends than not, so i really don't see any reason to not use the fix.  The worst that can happen is you waste a few minutes of your time.

Actually you can do worse. Things optimized can be unoptimized if you don't know what you're doing.

It depends on your OS tbh. Most modern OSes are optimized and this leatrix fix just makes it worse not better in most cases.

Our stuff sets TCP_NODELAY if I recall and TCPNoDelay has nothing to do if you don't have installed MSMQ! Has nothing to interfere with games, moreover TcpAckFrequency (leatrix fix) will flood your environment if you set it to whatever value!

I'm too lazy to explain Nagle so: http://en.wikipedia....gle's_algorithm

Edited by Inubashiri, 05 May 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#36 Xaxaxa

Xaxaxa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:31 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

What I usually do when having buff casting alts following me is disable NC and enable NS. This allows me to cast buffs on my main and resume auto-follow by shift clicking. You don't have to reconnect or change maps if you use this. Although my pc specs are on the downside I can only run one other client besides my main. So, I'm guessing the rest of you are either on i5 or i7 and/or equivalents. But if possible, can some of you share the specs so that I can upgrade in the future to be able to multi-client with ease?

#37 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:42 PM

Actually you can do worse. Things optimized can be unoptimized if you don't know what you're doing.

It depends on your OS tbh. Most modern OSes are optimized and this leatrix fix just makes it worse not better in most cases.

Our stuff sets TCP_NODELAY if I recall and TCPNoDelay has nothing to do if you don't have installed MSMQ! Has nothing to interfere with games, moreover TcpAckFrequency (leatrix fix) will flood your environment if you set it to whatever value!

I'm too lazy to explain Nagle so: http://en.wikipedia....gle's_algorithm

unless i'm mistaken, without the tcpackfrequency set to 1, you would still have packets que'd up to be sent.  Tcpnodelay just depermines the frequency at you send the next batch of packets out. Having both tcpnodelay and tcpackfrequency set to 1 should offer a better response times than just 1 or the other.

#38 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:52 AM

from what i understand, leatrix just disables nagle's algorithm. i was under the impression that inu/ren had already addressed that client side already, making leatrix redundant. some people appear to be helped by it, but others are not.

From http://www.leatrix.c...rix-latency-fix:

Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a program which will modify TCPAckFrequency.

This is different from disabling Nagle's algorithm.

#39 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

unless i'm mistaken, without the tcpackfrequency set to 1, you would still have packets que'd up to be sent.  Tcpnodelay just depermines the frequency at you send the next batch of packets out. Having both tcpnodelay and tcpackfrequency set to 1 should offer a better response times than just 1 or the other.

I said you COULD make it worse.

#40 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:43 AM

I said you COULD make it worse.

how though?  The only thing i could see this do is bog down the servers if tons of people utilize it during high traffic times.  I guess it could slow you down if you're capped on bandwidth, but RO uses so little data that i don't really see this as a likely possibility anymore,

#41 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 06 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

so

#42 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:25 AM

Its not a one stop fix all for everyone thats why.

Nagle is way to improve TCP efficiency by reducing the number of packets sent over the network. Basically, the premise is that if an app is repeatedly sending small packets, then for each packet, TCP still put a 40 byte header on it, which can be a lot of potential overhead. So the Nagle's Algorithm just combines them and sends them out in larger packets.

The blowback is that Nagle only allows 1 packet to be active on the network at a time. This holds back traffic due to Nagle AND delayed ACKs. This comes into play with like games and chat apps that require lots of handshakes.

So just turn it off? Again this is why I said it COULD make it worse, because it would lead to then lead to the overhead and wasteful packet problem Nagle was there to solve in the first place.

There is no one stop rule of thumb fix. I don't recommend fiddling with things like this if you don't understand it because it could affect other apps besides games. Setting TCPAckFrequency to 1 might decrease your ping in game but will create more network traffic [because every packet must be ACK'd instead of every other one]. This is why I said "COULD" mess it up because it MAY be counter productive.

In short if you're only playing the game at that time and not downloading in the background or something, you might find that these edits improve your gaming but COULD be unwise to keep for outside of game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users