High speed, Katars, Daggers and Flying numbers - Page 2 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

High speed, Katars, Daggers and Flying numbers

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:39 AM

Just to share my opinion,

What I think is that 120luk, temporal luk boots is over-rated here, in fact if you run through the statistics 80% of the char

from ROPD uses Temp Str or Agi boots,

If you are talking about "hybrid build" don't underestimate Temp str, cause @ 120str you get 95atk at +9, nab cloth

another 30atk,

Furthermore if to compare 120 str with 90luk & 120luk & 90Str

30 extra str give you additional 15% atk on your based weapon, which is 33atk if you are using a thanatos katar x 5 EDP.

as well status atk is x2 for total atk calculation. etc etc...

for 120 luk wise, additional 30luk from 90 it only give you approx additional 10atk from there, yes.. you benefit an additional 36%

crit damage from your boots if +9, but with FAW Fatal Enchant, petal card, the crit damage is already high enough

using Temp str you can also use FAW FS enchant with wakwak to further increase you atk damage,

if compare to 120luk & 120str, I would prefer 120str and I am pretty sure the crit damage difference between this setups wouldn't

make much differences since that additional str give you quite high sum of additional atk unless some expert here can prove me wrong.

And also don't forget adding str increases your skill RC,CRS,etc dmg as well as your crit dmg. While having 120luk will only

increases your crit, if you are really looking for higher crit damage suggest that to go with a DD crit, instead of having

wasting 120luk on katar, where the crit dmg is here but not there. =)

Crit dmg% is added at your "final damage", thats why its so beautifull. The atk from str/str boots and w/e is indeed beautifull, for skills. When you are dealing with autos, specially crits, your atk should already be high enough due to weapons and edp, and now its time to max out your multipliers.
I have a 120 str gx, with like 20 luk, and even the FS16[wakwak] FAW giving 116 pure eATK, my fatal10[petal](aka 25% crit dmg%) deals more damage on crit.

#27 iannsong87

iannsong87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:48 AM

its just my opinion but i have to agree with Ashuckel..

when u go crit u maximize crit damage

when u want to use skill u maximize skill damage potential 

but sure no one is wrong its just a matter of opinion and reasons.. everyone build to think differently XD

#28 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:11 AM

I usually use my GXs to run OGH and ET, with LUK boots, in order to improve DPS on the MVPs.

Its been some time since i used 120STR so i`m not sure whats the best equip available nowadays.

I remember using 120STR on the same instances and it proved to be really versatile, since it made clearing mobs way easier.

It also suited my playing style.

So going 120STR or AGI or LUK really tends to what you do with the char and ur priorities (DPS/survivability/mob control/...).

#29 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:04 AM

Yes.. You are correct crit % really does beautifully for 'crit' dmg only.. But since mosu is talking about hybrid build now which means he is able to do well in mob controlling, woe skill, mvp, pvm, whether is by showing off the high skill & crit dmg to others or having fun on the crit.. And here is the reason why you shd hv temp str instead of luk

1st: i believe that GX can only have one 120 stat in order not to compromise the rest of the stats.. And that is why only one boots can be use.. And in order to do well on both skill n crit is to add str n atk

2nd: luk boots can nv be able to replace str boots due to it only added crit dmg For a hybrid build

3rd: having faw petal n luk boots will only increase ur crit dmg and only crit.. Which means ur atk on skill is already compromise

4th: if i want my crit dmg to be high enough i can always default fatal faw with petal while still having str boots to increase my atk
But with luk boots what i see is only crit dmg but it will definately lose put when you are using skill

if the one that is really looking for katar crit only.. By all means you can lose all the rest of the stat like dex and add all to luk. Since u will be doing only 'crit' which i think it would an boring build. Or either create another GX? And in order to maximise crit on a katar he or she should only be adding luk n str thus lower the dex=) to go on full crit build=)

#30 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:51 AM

I'd always go with 120 luk build on all my GXs. Even though temp LUK boots only increase CRIT damage, it doesn't mean ur gonna default those boots when you RC on a 120 luk GX. I use temp STR boots FS/Bear when I'm just gonna RC. 

I always thought it was strange to see ppl saying they are "Hybrid GX." There are always different moments to crtl-click and other times to use skills. At 175, GXs stat-wise, we have more than enough to be good at both. Unless ur some weird psychopath rocking 90+ INT. Assuming your using temp boots, Build A: 1 Stat at 120, the rest mix of 90-110. Build B: 2 Stat at 120.

I'm pretty sure everyone has their preferred build of stats. The key to being great at both skill based attacks and crits is your gears. I really hope no one is using the same gears for both. Don't get me wrong. You can do it but it will just be awkward i.e. using Chakram/Sincuff for RC/CRS, Temp LUK Boots for RC/CRS.  :p_laugh:

#31 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

Great debate^^

I did not say I would default str boots for all situations, I mean I would prefer str boots as it gives both advantages. My build is always at base int and nothing else,

and to your suggestion of having both 120stats let say str & luk: which stats are you gonna compromise? let say you need 70dex in order to hit, are you going to have only 90agi and 60+ vit on him? or 100agi @ 40+ vit?

I don't really think it is a good idea and I would really like to see your build of having both 120stats. I am not a fan of switching boots, switching garments, switching many equip at different situation, maybe just weapon or headgear=) and this str build certainly have decent crit dmg as well. 

My theory is simple;

Let say losing 30 Str to luk using temp luk

You lose:

78 eatk from temp str @+12? exluding FS7 if you would want it on luk boots

30eatk if you using nab

60 status atk? Atk = status atk x2 + etc etc? sorry I forgot 

15% base weapon dmg

900 weight limit and other else, can't remember

(Above lost are both on crit & skill damage)

And for using Str boots losing 30luk to str

You lose:

10Atk

38% Crit dmg @ +12

20 crit rate which I may not require

10 hit rate?

some flee? about 6?

some PD? like 3?

some other resistance

(Above major lost is only on "Crit" dmg)

I mean every individual have their choice, it is definitely up to you to choose, just here to provide some info, I maybe not correct but thats is what I think=)

Hybrid means "Something that is powered by one source of power"

Cheers.

#32 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:07 AM

Spikey's crits do like 25m dmg/4mins I think XD (killing time holder)

#33 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:20 AM

sorry that I need to clarify.. If u guys are talking about high end gear here.. This builds whom i speak are for those who are low - mid budget.. Which maybe for the majority that is still struggling for zeny.. Not including mvp card etc. or +12gear... Anw thanks guy i learn alot=)

#34 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

I'd always go with 120 luk build on all my GXs. Even though temp LUK boots only increase CRIT damage, it doesn't mean ur gonna default those boots when you RC on a 120 luk GX. I use temp STR boots FS/Bear when I'm just gonna RC.

I always thought it was strange to see ppl saying they are "Hybrid GX." There are always different moments to crtl-click and other times to use skills. At 175, GXs stat-wise, we have more than enough to be good at both. Unless ur some weird psychopath rocking 90+ INT. Assuming your using temp boots, Build A: 1 Stat at 120, the rest mix of 90-110. Build B: 2 Stat at 120.

I'm pretty sure everyone has their preferred build of stats. The key to being great at both skill based attacks and crits is your gears. I really hope no one is using the same gears for both. Don't get me wrong. You can do it but it will just be awkward i.e. using Chakram/Sincuff for RC/CRS, Temp LUK Boots for RC/CRS. :p_laugh:

So what you are saying is that str boots work even when str is not 120?

One of my GX is like
70 str
120 agi
60 vit
120 luk

Level 151

my RC dmg sucks compared to when I had 90 str. Also my hit is wayyyyy lower, even with 2 RT.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 19 June 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#35 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:26 PM

Great debate^^

I did not say I would default str boots for all situations, I mean I would prefer str boots as it gives both advantages. My build is always at base int and nothing else,

and to your suggestion of having both 120stats let say str & luk: which stats are you gonna compromise? let say you need 70dex in order to hit, are you going to have only 90agi and 60+ vit on him? or 100agi @ 40+ vit?

I don't really think it is a good idea and I would really like to see your build of having both 120stats. I am not a fan of switching boots, switching garments, switching many equip at different situation, maybe just weapon or headgear=) and this str build certainly have decent crit dmg as well. 

My GX has 80 str, 120 luk/agi, 96 vit, 42 dex. I've never really had a problem with needing more hit points for skills to connect. If really need more hit vs certain mobs, I would just use +20 foods.

The only things I default are my +12 Drooping Eddga, Pirate Dagger/Ganster Scarf and 1/2 Bako Tatts. Other gears I always switch around.

RC gears: +10 HF Thanatos Katar (Lost 300m trying to +12  :(), +9 Immune Valk Manteau (reflect helps proc Eddga, Costume: Full Moon, Lucky Day more often), +9 STR Boots FS/Bear or Lucky Day.

Crit gears: +12 2xAK Chakram ASPD+2, Gold Scaraba Sincuffs, +9 FATAL10 FAW (Petal/Immune/Deviant), +9 LUK Boots AD4/Bear or Lucky Day.

I do agree with your theory on STR build. It is amazing for skill damage and ok with crit dmg.

But overall, I would rather kill Agi-Up MvPs with crits a little bit faster and kill normal mobs with one more extra RC hotkey using LUK build.

So what you are saying is that str boots work even when str is not 120?

One of my GX is like
70 str
120 agi
60 vit
120 luk

Level 151

my RC dmg sucks compared to when I had 90 str. Also my hit is wayyyyy lower, even with 2 RT.

120 STR is needed for the +50 atk from STR Boots. You'll still get +7 atk every 3 refines. At +9 with FS7, that's 45 atk. There should not be a huge difference in 90->70 STR unless u were using a +9 HBP before.

Also, you need 90 STR to get the +10 HIT/FLEE from RT. >.<

#36 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

+10 deviant hbp so maybe that's why the dmg difference

That stats build I posted was after resetting

My old build was

90 str
120 agi
90 vit
75 dex
50 luk

I liked it but maybe the 120 luk build will grow on me.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 19 June 2015 - 04:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users