• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 turnermanxi

turnermanxi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:52 PM

In my honest opinion, premium seems pretty useless.  There should not even be GA energy, the 20% or 30% exp rate is useless once you're max, and daily boxes should be given to everyone since the rewards aren't all that life changing and I think they are benefits that are well worth it for just being logged in but of course I would say only 1 daily box a day because people will have characters like "iopenbox1, iopenbox2,...etc" taking up server space that doesn't need to be and for it to just be 1 time every day someone gets a daily box.  It'd also help the lowbies a TON when they get teletickets and other things that will improve their leveling and gaming experience by SO much.  

You'd make more money anyways from people wanting more and getting greedy.  As in when new people come and they use that 10 minute exp medal and say "aaawww thats it?!?!  That was freaking amazing!  They have 1hour ones?!?!  Even 6 hour 300%?!?!" which is how you could get people to stay and want to spend their actual money to use those things.  

In conclusion, premium should be gone.  

#27 samuellove

samuellove

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Once free energy is gone, PvP GA's are doomed again. Yes many of us have other characters to use, but AA for example... 5k points, and some AA's are over in 2 minutes. Other times, you get chucked in.. as the loss message is popping up.

The Item Mall reset energy things are a bad attempt at making money. The reason being (PvP Arena mainly) is that if 20+ other people do not also buy these, you buying them is completely futile and a waste.

* PvP Game Arena Energy costs will doom PvP GA's.

* While the point earnings are high, you can burn 10k energy in a few minutes, leaving you to log off ROSE and do something else in many cases. (That's what I'll be doing)

* The AA acceptance windows have to be fixed, They are how CD's used to be before they were fixed. Windows every few seconds / it shows 15/15 15/15 and doesn't start.

* The Crystals need to be increased by 4 fold in strength. The fun is the rush back to attempt to retake the middle. I know this will change though, as obviously AA's have never started before now to test these things.

* Most Importantly! If these high energy costs remain, Allow AA to start with 20 people in queue. Let the final people fill in as they will. Much like CD, this is a good system!

Warp Portal, you will make significantly more money on people buying venurunes and plutorunes for their PvP characters then you will on Item Mall energy refill. Also, these said people will level a new class, buy EXP medals, and do the same, all in the name of CD and AA.

I agree!

#28 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

Some good ideas in here :)

Just to start, premium is not going to go away. It has more to offer than just its influence over the Game Arena Energy. That was just added on as one of many benefits.

But altering costs for AA, to encourage its use is not a bad idea, amongst some others as well.

I'll put it up for consideration to weigh out the various pros and cons that have been expressed and see what can be worked out.

Right away, it seems reducing the AA's cost would be beneficial since it does require a larger amount of players to get going. So, know that you guys are making a difference and helping to influence the future for ROSE. :)

#29 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

In my honest opinion, premium seems pretty useless.  There should not even be GA energy, the 20% or 30% exp rate is useless once you're max, and daily boxes should be given to everyone since the rewards aren't all that life changing and I think they are benefits that are well worth it for just being logged in but of course I would say only 1 daily box a day because people will have characters like "iopenbox1, iopenbox2,...etc" taking up server space that doesn't need to be and for it to just be 1 time every day someone gets a daily box.  It'd also help the lowbies a TON when they get teletickets and other things that will improve their leveling and gaming experience by SO much.  

You'd make more money anyways from people wanting more and getting greedy.  As in when new people come and they use that 10 minute exp medal and say "aaawww thats it?!?!  That was freaking amazing!  They have 1hour ones?!?!  Even 6 hour 300%?!?!" which is how you could get people to stay and want to spend their actual money to use those things.  

In conclusion, premium should be gone.  

coming from the guy that owns the iOpenBox 0-15 accounts - I dissagree that "daily boxes aren't that life changing". --- as for 'taking up server space" -- eventually I plan on using them to vend with... also, their servers /should/ be more than capable of handling large capacities of people on-line...  -- if my computer can process all those clients, while running on highest graphic settings, I'd sure hope a server computer only needing to render approx 1/1,000th of what is required of my PC....   (note, I am not %100 tech savy here, I'm just saying...)  

Seriously try it though, farm the absolute crap out of premium boxes on 15 chars... every single day, on the 6th hour, every 6th hour, every day, for 160 days... the results are ... so addicting you'll want to do it on 300 accounts. 

(also when you learn about the events w/ daily boxes, you'll be even more hooked) 

You also, have mentioned my absolute worst nightmare, was them making premium useless --- I woke up screaming, shaking, and sweating, from that dream. 

However, maybe a single additional daily box for premium users, once a day; - as well as none premium users getting that box once a day too - every, 24 hours exactly or something? -- because some of your logic behind your words was founded.  --- maybe not daily box though, 'weekly box' maybe instead? 

In case no one seen my farmers :) 

Spoiler

Edited by TheRealCaNehDa, 21 May 2015 - 03:32 AM.

#30 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:11 PM

Another option that imo should be added to PvP games would be the option of surrender: that way when attacker side gets no FS or they cannot take over mid bcoz -reasons- instead of just going afk and sitting on spawn making it boring for both attacker and defender (who as well gotta spend 20 min sitting doing nothing in there) they could end the game.

#31 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

Another option that imo should be added to PvP games would be the option of surrender: that way when attacker side gets no FS or they cannot take over mid bcoz -reasons- instead of just going afk and sitting on spawn making it boring for both attacker and defender (who as well gotta spend 20 min sitting doing nothing in there) they could end the game.

+1

Also Fs/Bc queue switch button should be added to the muse class so bcs wouldn't be mistaken for fs and screw the team balance up.

#32 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

+1

Also Fs/Bc queue switch button should be added to the muse class so bcs wouldn't be mistaken for fs and screw the team balance up.

People.might troll this feature.. Like queueing with bc but choosing the fs button lol

#33 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:18 PM

People.might troll this feature.. Like queueing with bc but choosing the fs button lol

FS/BC being determined based on number of heals: like lets say having integrity will make you be considered as FS?

#34 Ahya

Ahya

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 176 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:27 PM

Yes, perhaps that would be viable. No BC (except a crazy one) would go on to take Integrity just to troll, without having buffs.

#35 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Nice job on the energy change Leo. :)   I'm sure the crystals will be changed soon.  The only thing I can think of now is consider increasing the max person per AA. It's no Union War, but it's getting closer. Or we can continue having simultaneous AA's at 30 people each.

#36 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

Would be cool if the max limit is 30 players per team but the lowest amount is 15. :)

#37 bertkilo1

bertkilo1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Server:Aura

Posted 25 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

Nice job on the energy change Leo. :) I'm sure the crystals will be changed soon. The only thing I can think of now is consider increasing the max person per AA. It's no Union War, but it's getting closer. Or we can continue having simultaneous AA's at 30 people each.

Its a nice idea and a bad one. More aoe players wil join asswell when this happends everybody will die faster

Edited by bertkilo1, 25 May 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#38 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:12 PM

Its a nice idea and a bad one. More aoe players wil join asswell when this happends everybody will die faster

You don't have to stack up on your teammates. If AOE's are taking you out, stand accordingly.  :rolleyes:

#39 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

You don't have to stack up on your teammates. If AOE's are taking you out, stand accordingly.  :rolleyes:

change the way you position yourself.. if you know enemy has lots of aoers like mages/cannon bourgs.. then stand a little further but not too far from your main group.. ur opponent aoers will be confused which area to focus their aoes on :)

#40 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:57 PM

change the way you position yourself.. if you know enemy has lots of aoers like mages/cannon bourgs.. then stand a little further but not too far from your main group.. ur opponent aoers will be confused which area to focus their aoes on :)

easier said than done

#41 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:14 PM

easier said than done

Let's say you're defending on AA. Attacker has a launcher, a mage and a few champs you don't want getting loose on the mob at the middle.

Ambush crew on the wall near the entrance. They'll be in disarray. That's where I do my killing with my bourgs while defending. Their main force of AOE'ers will be quite limited in ability and offensive output.

The reverse side of that, like an enemy launcher on the wall. (As a champ or mage running down to the upcoming attack on the stairs will be taken out quickly) I get taken out a bit by a scout stun, a mage slow.. maybe a raider has crept up there beside me (as the 3rd eye just roams aimlessly and uselessly away from me)

I might've done more AA's than anyone thus far (what does the sun look like again?) and it's done just as easily as said.

Edited by jagz, 25 May 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#42 LunaXavier

LunaXavier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

easier said than done

If only you have brains to play aoe classes, knowing where and how to aoe..

Edited by LunaXavier, 25 May 2015 - 02:49 PM.

#43 WongFeiHong

WongFeiHong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

There is a natural way to gain GA.

This is free to play game.

Options be like:

1. Pay and help the server running; and receive unlimited GA; and use its full benefit.

2. Stay as a free player and make use of its limited benefit.

Daily boxes, idk, hmmm, I think those are rewarded for premium users as a token of appreciation for paying and helping the game live. Imho, those are and should only be given to premium users. I salute TheRealCaNehDa for his help to the server. I've been in this game for almost a month already and I like it.

(ot) well the downtimes/merge/server problems made me frustrated though but idk, i stayed longer. now dungeon lag is one of the problem i encounter atm

if my computer can process all those clients, while running on highest graphic settings, I'd sure hope a server computer only needing to render approx 1/1,000th of what is required of my PC....   (note, I am not %100 tech savy here, I'm just saying...)

the game needs good specs to run multi. the game server, however, needs only enough to handle data. coz the game servers run only in console mode and texts scrolling up and recording logs and etc. while the game shows graphics, moving things, sprites, et cetera, the server are bunch of texts and numbers. if your pc can run iopenbox1-15 plus your main, you can run your own private rose server :D

#44 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:53 PM

they need to limit people on grouping , maybe the most are 3 players . other wise, those greedy people will make a group of 10 players , they got to choose all their status buffer to go with it. is like a guarantee win 

#45 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:25 PM

100% surprised noone said anything about the conversion of valor to energy from the shout quests. While I ran pvp, in the down times i would run those quests, I had so much proficiency that I never ran out of energy and was still stockpiling valor. 

#46 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

please limit the max character to enter as a grup. kind of not fair for the other time. the AA game should be about random selection of players, not a whole clan vs random players. off course this is benefiting the clan players ...

#47 Badge

Badge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:21 AM

please limit the max character to enter as a grup. kind of not fair for the other time. the AA game should be about random selection of players, not a whole clan vs random players. off course this is benefiting the clan players ...

this ^

Or remove the group queueing on any game arena.

#48 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

this ^

Or remove the group queueing on any game arena.

yeah sure such a great idea! *sight* 

When ppl cries about other clans grouping it just makes me smile :), is a part of the game, join a clan and group with them in order to take over AA! is fun and you earn more points.

e

Is it unfair to the enemy group? not really since they also have the option to group and join together, in fact the best AA (that dont end in seconds bcoz ppl actually tries to fight and have nice and enjoyable encounters are the games where a clan is grouping together and not just a bunch of noobs hitting xtal) are the ones where enemy side has a group.

Does it benefit clan players? Duuh... they already said that they are gonna give benefits to clans to promote group playing instead of soloing, so if thye remove group queueing they will just contradict themselves 

Piece of advice: If you dont like it then look for an active clan that plays AA and try to join them or ask them to group you something like that, once you try you will see how much better it is (I personally hate getting random ppl on my team, specialy when those random just hit xtal instead of actually fighting....)

#49 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:30 AM

during the war yeah go ahead , but not in a game arena i think ...

#50 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:43 AM

Every major MMO with a successful* PvP community has group qeueing of a degree. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users