1 reply to this topic

#1 dboy5150

dboy5150

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:46 AM

hi i'm new to game and need help i wanna build a critical knight and im going to be a lord knight with my knight and i want to see your guys ideas please help if u can

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

i wanna build a critical knight

No, you really don't.

Crit knights (aka "agi crit") perform horribly. The build was never considered to be powerful, even in the peak of it's popularity about 5 years ago. Since then, every other build of knight has gotten more powerful, in some cases much more powerful, except crit knight.

The idea was that you'd take a classic SAD knight build, and back off on the str and dex to get luk to increase crit, and then stack it with crit gear - however the attainable crit rates were passable at best, and the weapons used to attain those rates sacrificed damage modifiers. The net effect was long-ago demonstrated to be significantly lower DPS outside of contrived situations, and the gap between crit knights and other knight builds has grown rapidly as well.

The biggest problem with crit knights is that critting in general just sucks. It doesn't work with skills, so no mob+BB. It doesn't do much extra damage (deals max damage, bypasses defense and flee). Flee is not usually an issue in RO (and when it is, you just avoid maps with stupidly high flee monsters - there aren't many of them), and on high def monsters, you're better off wielding an icepick and bashing, or even just toughing it out.
Worse still, if you sacrifice dex for luk as many crit knights did, you will miss monsters that you shouldn't when you don't crit.

They can be out-DPS'ed in 75-90% of cases by a normal agiknight. agi/sword knights in general get out-leveled by pierce spamming spear knights.

The build now serves no purpose other than as a novelty build, which experienced players might make for fun. It is absolutely not appropriate for new players or anyone who has any real characters to make.

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 August 2010 - 09:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users