Reasons why they(you) hate Thor - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Reasons why they(you) hate Thor

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#51 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

it wont really slow down, as long as there are cute headgears/equips on that monthly box, it wont slow down

#52 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

That is why WP is fixing issues in Thor in my opinions.

Wiping items or giving up on Thor means less revenues to WP because pRO players would less likely to join Chaos due to WoE entry barriers (ie tons of Mvps, both legit and dupped, Gods, and cheats). Veterans in Chaos can complain and get frustrated at slower services but they are not going to quit. They have already invested too much, both $$$ and times. Hence, they are now hating on Thor hahaha

#53 ZeAlpaca

ZeAlpaca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • Server:Yo Momma Booty

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:17 PM

Thing is, everything sucks. I can't play like this when it is suck. Yeah suck, suck it.

#54 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:29 PM

That is why WP is fixing issues in Thor in my opinions.

Wiping items or giving up on Thor means less revenues to WP because pRO players would less likely to join Chaos due to WoE entry barriers (ie tons of Mvps, both legit and dupped, Gods, and cheats). Veterans in Chaos can complain and get frustrated at slower services but they are not going to quit. They have already invested too much, both $$$ and times. Hence, they are now hating on Thor hahaha

yes and that's why my idea of wipe remains as a mere suggestion. so i don't get with people are getting fixated at it. WP can chose to ignore that suggestion anyway. of course they'd pick something that will make their business grow, ayt.

#55 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:41 PM

My thoughts towards Thor are personally neutral.  It sounds like a lot of mishandled problems from both iRO and pRO. 

Merges should never cause this much trouble.  We should have issues with one server not having items and content that another server has.  All servers should have been kept up to date with the same updates and whatnot from kRO, but for some reason all the official ROs are completely out of whack with kRO.  Some servers have customizations that other servers don't, etc etc.

As far as iRO making a new server, in this instance it makes sense.  However, there have been new servers made in the past that had no reason to be made *cough* Ygg *cough*

#56 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:48 PM

If not a wipe then downgrading all the +13 and higher gears there would probs help. My friend told me how bad the RMT is there since no one can afford to make items +13 and higher in iRO so the prices of them really overupgraded gears just cause a ton of RMT. It also sucks for ppl planning to start there :<

#57 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:54 PM

To be honest, I think a wipe would be too late now. It would be very unprofessional and cost a lot of trust from the playerbase who already spent real life cash to gear up, especially if they're one of the people whose accounts were part of the corrupted data... maybe if they refunded (in KP) their purchases or something like that, but it wouldn't be fair at all to their their money then leave them with nothing.

A wipe is something that should have happened earlier, or better yet avoid all the hassle by having started with a clean server or funneling them into Chaos/Loki. 

#58 Ironhardt

Ironhardt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgards

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:22 PM

i kinda somewhat hate not so much but you cant deny ppl are quite jerks not all of em

#59 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

Oda and Camp did mention that those overupped items will be taken care of after the DC issues.

#60 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:49 AM

Thing is, everything sucks. I can't play like this when it is suck. Yeah suck, suck it.

Giggity Giggity Goo!

#61 indigensDeo

indigensDeo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Server:slightly Ok THOR

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:35 AM

To be honest, I think a wipe would be too late now. It would be very unprofessional and cost a lot of trust from the playerbase who already spent real life cash to gear up, especially if they're one of the people whose accounts were part of the corrupted data... maybe if they refunded (in KP) their purchases or something like that, but it wouldn't be fair at all to their their money then leave them with nothing.

A wipe is something that should have happened earlier, or better yet avoid all the hassle by having started with a clean server or funneling them into Chaos/Loki. 

Agreed to this to 10th Power = considerate + emphatic

I understand we've added a big traffic to service with chaos/loki already in it but what's done is done and we're now part of the system.

It's true Thor can definitely add revenues to WP and cope with the whole thing.

Well its still WP's discretion afaik

Edited by indigensDeo, 29 May 2015 - 03:08 AM.

#62 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:13 AM

Okay, fine. There's a point in not wiping out Thor, especially at this time. It should've been done right after it was discovered that the migration didn't go pretty well though, and we're very well past that. So now, it's a lost cause.

I roamed around Thor again last night and realized that the market and population are indeed booming again, albeit the fact that zeny is kinda inflated (hopefully WP can resolve this in the long run). It's a lot different from the time when people were just sitting around Prontera, hoping for things to be better. It does look like the fallen have indeed risen again.

If some of the Fallen500 have claimed to have gotten up to their feet again (hopefully through legal means like that buy&sell guy), then that's good. There are still some characters that continue to experience DC issues though, such as my cousin's account. I have a strong feeling that to have that fixed, his items need to get wiped out as well, which is sad.

One thing I'm just particularly not comfortable with is the fact that some people were able to bring over their +15 equipment and MVP cards, while the rest had theirs downgraded/deleted. Also, there weren't any restrictions placed on having 30,000 valuable items that they were able to sell for tons of zeny, which is probably the reason why the zeny inflated so much in Thor (20m for +7 certs? Damn).

Does WP even care about these, or they'll just let them be? If they will, then a merge between Chaos and Thor in the future is definitely a big no-no. No offense, but a lot of people in Chaos are already having a hard time getting their equipment to +9 (because MRS hammer and Enriched Hammer aren't really that kind most of the time), and yet, Thor has a bunch of these +15 equipment roaming around here and there.

Again, I'm not stirring up a fight. I'm just stating some real problems that need resolutions. I'm not really part of the bunch that gets jealous of Thor for getting all the attention -- it's fine, really. But everyone knows that a merge is inevitable in the near/far future, so hopefully these issues can get ironed out eventually.

#63 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:43 AM

#64 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:53 AM

Okay, fine. There's a point in not wiping out Thor, especially at this time. It should've been done right after it was discovered that the migration didn't go pretty well though, and we're very well past that. So now, it's a lost cause.

- they had no plan on wiping thor, the moment they opened kafra shop i knew already :3

I roamed around Thor again last night and realized that the market and population are indeed booming again, albeit the fact that zeny is kinda inflated (hopefully WP can resolve this in the long run). It's a lot different from the time when people were just sitting around Prontera, hoping for things to be better. It does look like the fallen have indeed risen again.

- WP is trying i guess since raffler is doing its job right, i guess, but IMO people are still used to when we were back at pRO where zeny isnt counted by mils but by bils

If some of the Fallen500 have claimed to have gotten up to their feet again (hopefully through legal means like that buy&sell guy), then that's good. There are still some characters that continue to experience DC issues though, such as my cousin's account. I have a strong feeling that to have that fixed, his items need to get wiped out as well, which is sad.

- im just gonna say it RMT is inevitable to SOME of those who had fallen since most of those people really spend cash and stuff, i kinda have risen also, illegally since i kinda stole/borrowed/nevergonnareturnbwahaha items from friends, or till i can open my main account :3

- my main account 7/9 are still having DC issues :3 and 1 of w/c has fallen(kinda risen already), 1 didnt really have anything in it(except for balls, i mean eggs(pet eggs)), and i know how sad it is thinking that the only way youre gonna open them is either clean it up(getting wiped) or hoping for the best, and im on the latter

One thing I'm just particularly not comfortable with is the fact that some people were able to bring over their +15 equipment and MVP cards, while the rest had theirs downgraded/deleted. Also, there weren't any restrictions placed on having 30,000 valuable items that they were able to sell for tons of zeny, which is probably the reason why the zeny inflated so much in Thor (20m for +7 certs? Damn).

- i know youre always here in the forums and i think you did hear about something that theyre really gonna do something about hat right? even for people who had lots of 30k stuff on storage, cant you just wait for the to finish fixing DC problems, like you said its sad being one of those, before fixing other stuff w/c they already said theyd probably(hopefully) do

Does WP even care about these, or they'll just let them be? If they will, then a merge between Chaos and Thor in the future is definitely a big no-no. No offense, but a lot of people in Chaos are already having a hard time getting their equipment to +9 (because MRS hammer and Enriched Hammer aren't really that kind most of the time), and yet, Thor has a bunch of these +15 equipment roaming around here and there.

- again w/ the +15 stuff @__@ and honestly i dont see chaos and thor merging anytime soon, what i have in mind is something else w/c probably aint true but gonna say it anyway, dont bother reading if you dont really care

Spoiler

Again, I'm not stirring up a fight. I'm just stating some real problems that need resolutions. I'm not really part of the bunch that gets jealous of Thor for getting all the attention -- it's fine, really. But everyone knows that a merge is inevitable in the near/far future, so hopefully these issues can get ironed out eventually.

- Patience is key - SALT

#65 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:31 AM

<megaquote>

Yea, I know there are some issues that need to be taken care of first -- I'm not rushing. I'm just saying that they have to be part of the list of stuff to be taken care of. I'm not saying that the servers are merging soon, but in the far future it's possible. Even if they won't merge, having those +15 stuff and MVP cards that were carried over, while other people were not able to do the same is unfair to them.

In short, yes, the +15 stuff and MVP cards that were carried over are still a big deal man because they're against the migration mechanics, but yes of course, the DC issues need to be fixed first.

And I read your spoiler -- I did read somewhere that Chaos-to-Thor transfers will be allowed eventually. I'm not sure how transfers are done here on iRO though, since I only became active in iRO after everything was merged to Chaos.

Edited by Exuro, 29 May 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#66 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

And I read your spoiler -- I did read somewhere that Chaos-to-Thor transfers will be allowed eventually. I'm not sure how transfers are done here on iRO though, since I only became active in iRO after everything was merged to Chaos.

Server transfers were an Added Value Service you paid for. Usually took about a day to get transfers done. But now that we have a ticket system and Thor server data is out of sync with Chaos server data, I don't know how they're going to go about offering the service again.

#67 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:47 AM

Server transfers were an Added Value Service you paid for. Usually took about a day to get transfers done. But now that we have a ticket system and Thor server data is out of sync with Chaos server data, I don't know how they're going to go about offering the service again.

Probably item/zeny wipe then transfer. Did they wipe those before during transfers?

#68 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:51 AM

Probably item/zeny wipe then transfer. Did they wipe those before during transfers?

iirc, character transfers back in the day were limited in zeny amount based on character level, inventory was limited to like 1 per each unique item or something.  god items and mvp cards weren't transferable.  It was something like that and was pretty restricted.

#69 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:52 AM

iirc, character transfers back in the day were limited in zeny amount based on character level, inventory was limited to like 1 per each unique item or something.  god items and mvp cards weren't transferable.  It was something like that and was pretty restricted.

Fair enough, I think that should be similarly manageable...

#70 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:56 AM

Fair enough, I think that should be similarly manageable...

yea back in the day when there was chaos/loki/iris there was 1 person that would keep doing server transfers buying up the cheap gear on 1 server, and selling it on another that was more profitable.  Made a hilarious amount of zeny doing it apparently and stored all the 'excess' zeny via god item components or something.

#71 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

yea back in the day when there was chaos/loki/iris there was 1 person that would keep doing server transfers buying up the cheap gear on 1 server, and selling it on another that was more profitable.  Made a hilarious amount of zeny doing it apparently and stored all the 'excess' zeny via god item components or something.

aspirkas. If its the user I think it was he put everything into aspirkas.

#72 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:17 AM

could be, i know he made enough per server transfer to be worth the effort.  I do know that for certain he picked up a bryn and 1 meg that way by transferring the components back to his original server. 

Knew one of the iris top alchemist rankers would server transfer to another server to pick up the treasure boxes and starsands because it was cheaper that way or something like that.  That guy was so cool, i'm sort of sad i can't remember his name at all.

#73 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:29 AM

could be, i know he made enough per server transfer to be worth the effort.  I do know that for certain he picked up a bryn and 1 meg that way by transferring the components back to his original server. 

Knew one of the iris top alchemist rankers would server transfer to another server to pick up the treasure boxes and starsands because it was cheaper that way or something like that.  That guy was so cool, i'm sort of sad i can't remember his name at all.

I remember people doing this as well

#74 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:40 AM

hopefully he unloaded them all before they became crap.

#75 LordPROM

LordPROM

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLV-223
  • Server:Chaos and THOR

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:09 PM

hmm interesting... when will be the transfer server kind of thing be available again theoretically? if soon cant wait to transfer my chars on chaos... no worries though, my items don't exceed beyond +9... don't have zenny too( 1Mz or less to be exact )... i rather keep my collection of items... besides I'm more active on Chaos with my RK while waiting for my DC'd main char...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users