Strings for my Stings [ROCKheir's Art Commissions: Open] - Page 17 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Strings for my Stings [ROCKheir's Art Commissions: Open]

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

#401 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts
  • Locationhttps://www.artstation.com/rockheir
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

Ever wondered what's underneath Geffen's Tower? It's not a Dungeon nor Geffenia.

Geffen_s_Sweetcret1.png

Edited by ROCKheir, 07 February 2017 - 05:00 AM.

#402 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationPallet Town, Kanto
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos [afk]

Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:51 PM

I never noticed Geffen Tower looks like an ice cream cone!  The soft colors are very nice, if only there were such places.  The color palette suits your newer style, too.

I'm working on mine for the valentine's event, very slowly.  Too busy !!

#403 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:35 PM

:omg:

Am I the only who thought that then?   LEL. I'm guessing girls would really love to find themselves in a place full of sweets, in this case, a place made of sweets somewhat. I kind of had a hard time figuring out how to make the Geffen Tower stand upside-down to reveal what's underneath it but the idea of creating a round cake version of the town instead with  a green donut at the center serving as the portal that connects the "secret flip side" to the magic town, pulling the tower from Rune Midgard for a seriously BIG Ube Ice Cream treat, came up to me and I thought, "why not?"  :heh: 

And thank you. I'm happy to hear such remarks. I'm in the process of exploring various styles for my art and also endeavoring--and struggling--to come up with a palette that suits each style. With this one I tried to pull off the same "cotton candy feel" that I observe on most artworks done in SAI. I could only try tho. xD 

Looking forward to seeing yours, too! Just take your time. I believe it will come out nicely as your other works.

#404 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:50 PM

Now that I look at the concept art, all I can see is the ice cream cone.  It's harder to see in game because it's tall.  I wonder, is it real food or plastic?  If it's real, would it get bad? Magic? Lol, but the idea is fun.  The perspective you chose suits the idea you had in mind.

Maybe I'm an unusual guy, a place full of sweets is fun to me too lol, especially Ragnarok style.  We do have Lutie +Toy Factory, they're kind of like sweets, and cheerful.  I don't really like sweets in real life, though.

I didn't notice lots of works made with SAI have those soft palettes.  Well, not SAI specifically.  I think I use Luminosity too much, lol, and it makes mine too soft.  I can't achieve contrast without editing after I'm done.  Photoshop's luminosity is not as bright, so maybe it's harder to achieve those palettes, but I don't know how much other artists use Luminosity.  It's a mystery.

And thank you !!  I work too slow.

#405 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:51 AM

It's real! And you sin by doubting the sorcery of Geffen! Lel.

A place full of sweets such as this one tho would be a nightmare when Andre, Pierre, Deniro and the rest of their army get a sniff of it. But fret not ladies and gentlemen, the sorcery of Geffen has a way to repel them ants.  :heh:

And thank you. I've been lucky again in picking the fitting perspective and actually being able to somehow "capture" that perspective for it, I guess. xD

Ow so it's done through layer blending or brush setting? I really should try SAI. And yea, contrasts, I struggle with that, as well.

And don't worry about your pacing. You'll get faster over time even under a busy schedule. Just keep doing art. It hasn't really happened to me yet but it's what I believe in. xD 

Edited by ROCKheir, 30 January 2017 - 03:34 AM.

#406 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

:heh:

Speaking of ants, whenever we have to resize for the loading screen requirements, I feel like I'm resizing it for ants to see. ._.

Perspective is not easy, I'll try to work with it more.  My recent drawings seem too flat, all at similar perspectives.

I like SAI, for it's blending tools.  I feel like it's easier to learn and make tools, where photoshop I see some tools and become confused, even after taking digital art classes.  I only ever use PS for final steps, clean line art, and photography, recently.  In SAI it's easy to create custom brushes, and lots of artists post their brush settings somewhere online.

And thanks for the encouragement. :D  Let's keep drawing!

#407 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:32 AM

Haha. You're not the only one to complain that. But the CM got no choice but to use small res for the screenloaders as we'd all just be seeing pixelated images in our loading screens if bigger images are used.

I also use PS only for final touches and stuff... usually for Liquify and custom brushes. xD I find it frustrating that I'm like a fish out of water whenever I try to do my artworks directly in PS again. I need a lot of reacquainting with PS to do.

And your Valentine entry turned out really nice as expected. Kinda surprised to see a plus-size character in it as we don't usually see that kind of realism in RO Fanarts. xD 

Edited by ROCKheir, 07 February 2017 - 07:24 PM.

#408 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:56 AM

Another commission finally done! I enjoyed doing this one. Thanks ShinobiEX3!
Ayin_Chibi.png

#409 trainerblue

trainerblue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:06 PM

I thought if they were saved bigger the resolution would look nicer on large screens.  But I thought there might be a size limit, and since they use so many different load screens, I thought that's why they had to be so tiny.  Bigger files might also make the game lag.

I see, so you use Clip Studio Paint, right?  I don't think I could go back to PS for a whole drawing.  I haven't really used it for that since around 2005, maybe a few other times.

Thank you!  And huh yeah, the mage sprites always looked the most curvy to me, especially the sage/scholar ones.  So I drew the character as I saw it.  Dancers also look small and petite usually, so I wanted to draw the dancer to be tall.  So, she's leaning over to be at the scholar's height.  A variety of girls is attractive, so I like to draw a variety. :D

Your new drawing is cool, especially that ghost-like green glow. :D  It's interesting how you frame this new style, so that it's not all the same square/rectangle shape.  It looks less restricted.

#410 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:41 PM

Haha a nice variety to have. 

And thanks. I feel like I have an affinity to artworks with dark vibes after doing a number of em. xD And there's something about working with four-sided frames that make me "Meh!", so...

Also sharing a quick art of my cousin from Japan. 
Celine_Quick_Art2.png
She was rather skeptical when she saw my artworks on my laptop so I had to give her a quick demo which she finished by writing her name in Japanese. lol

#411 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

My first non-RO commission finally done. A tiny feline Summoner from another MMO.
 horoscope_siggy.png

Thank you for commissioning me, Soll.

#412 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

Another commission finally done! I enjoyed doing this one. Thanks ShinobiEX3!
Ayin_Chibi.png

Thanks you do good work.

#413 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

Thanks you do good work.

Thanks. You're welcome. And I'm flattered that you use it as DP. lel. Goes well with your Signature.

#414 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 11 February 2017 - 12:58 PM

Of course. I'm hoping this writing I'm doing turns in to fanfic game lore. Plus with the sick arts your giving me and some others,it makes writing even more exciting

#415 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:55 PM

We look forward to your fanfic, ShinobiEX3.

Announcement:
I'm once again closing my commission thread, to focus on certain projects in mind. I was hoping to do at least two more commissions before closing but amandabambi doesn't seem to get my messages regarding her commission and hence couldn't work on it so I could move on to another slot reservation. But just hang in there, amandabambi, and the others who are on my invisible list, I'll be back.

Edited by ROCKheir, 11 February 2017 - 09:05 PM.

#416 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:09 AM

Phew, it's been long. Sharing an artwork I recently finished(?) for the project I'm working on. 
2nut3pc.png

@amandabambi: Sorry for failing to send you the lineart before I vanished. I promise to send you the completed art, prolly with some revisions (for the better, of course!) once I get my enthusiasm for RO back. However, I'd understand if you decided to cancel the commission after keeping you wating for so long (again, I'm sorry for that :p_sad: ). If so, just lemme know.

#417 amandabambi

amandabambi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

Wow, that is really pretty. I can wait.  :p_smile:

#418 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

One day I hope I can get as good as you.

#419 lazielanne

lazielanne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Twitter:@lazylazzie
  • Server:Thor

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:57 PM

Wow, her eyes @_@

#420 miaowlee

miaowlee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Locationstarbucks
  • Server:chaos <3

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:30 PM

im waiting a slot for me  :rice:  :rice:

#421 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:26 AM

Always amazing  :p_love:

#422 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

Phew, it's been long. Sharing an artwork I recently finished(?) for the project I'm working on. 2nut3pc.png
@amandabambi: Sorry for failing to send you the lineart before I vanished. I promise to send you the completed art, prolly with some revisions (for the better, of course!) once I get my enthusiasm for RO back. However, I'd understand if you decided to cancel the commission after keeping you wating for so long (again, I'm sorry for that :p_sad: ). If so, just lemme know.

You already know what I'm gonna ask of you right lmao. Hue hue

#423 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:53 AM

Hey folks! Thanks for the kind words. ^^

Also sharing another WIP of my OC for my own non-RO project:
afaewx.png

#424 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:30 AM

And also some RO art entries I've done in the past month for the soon-to-relaunch pRO:
2119kqa.png
33c2ddh.png

#425 ROCKheir

ROCKheir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

Paging amandabambi; are you still around? I started a new draft for your commission. Please let me know if you're still interested so I could finish it asap. xD

Edited by ROCKheir, 24 June 2017 - 08:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users