Pablo not giving another Flame Gate Key - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Pablo not giving another Flame Gate Key

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:00 PM

I'm trying to do the "Fight to the death against Drake!" quest to advance my class @lvl 40, but I failed the first time so now I don't have the key.

The quest dialog says:

(If you lost your key or failed to defeat Lavalon, visit Pablo of Libra again)

I tried going back to Pablo to get another key but he is not giving me another one. I also do not have access to the daily quest (Stop Lavalon's Revival). Am I supposed to get another key from somewhere else? Or is this a bug?

Edited by Xallista, 07 June 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#2 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:20 AM

I have completed this Lavalon quest at lvl.71 as a Sorcerer ; this isn't the one you need anymore. Sadly it has become way easier now, just talk to the guard Captain (Hofman maybe) in Libra and pick a quest asking you to go and see Pablo about some kind of en of the wolrd problem. Quest after this one should be named "Prelude to Destruction".

Now as for the flame gate key... I honestly can't remember any player having told me about this refund on failing in a positive way.

#3 Prockzone

Prockzone

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:07 AM

I can confirm that no Flame Gate Key is received when taking the quest "Fight to the death against Drake! of Pablo.

#4 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

Yea, I tried everything and could not get the key, I had to get my a guild member with the key to bring me in. Oh well.

#5 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:15 AM

The quest is working like it should.  I've done it 14 times on here now and many guild mates/friends/ did it too without any problems. :p_smile:

Just saying, you are not allowed to throw the flame scale away after you got in the first time with the key you got from Rocko F5 and killed Lavalon. Pablo on here won't give you another free key, this server is different.

On EU server there was the little "habit" to use a little ......let's call it trick........to enter Lavalon dungeon constantly again and again.

The trick was the following (I can tell cause it isn't working on here) you did Rocko F5 and got your flamegate key. After that you went to Pablo to get the "fight to the death...." quest. Now you entered Lavalon with your key, killed it, got the needed quest item (the scale) and simply throw it away right after getting out of the dungeon - without touching the quest at all. The quest turned undone. Now you simply had to go back to Libra and to talk to Pablo again to get another flame gate key. 

You were able to do this over and over again, endless times - as long as you never did finish the "fight to death..." quest. ....was a common "habit" on the EU servers.

Sadly ...the part with throwing the scale away and simply leave the quest undone to get endless new flamegate keys from Pablo does not work on here. Pablo on here will only give you one key! one time!. No matter if you throw the scale away on purpose or not.

I came across many people from the EU server that were used to this "habit" and saw them fail doing it. Many of them had to wait for the repeatable quest of Pablo to show up for them again the next day. (This is the only option you have left when you once did throw your scale (quest item) away. It comes back every 24 hours and gives you exactly one key. So you can finish your quest like you should)

Like I said previously, the quest never had a problem for me. Not on IAH, not on gpot and not on here. 

And still hasn't.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 08 June 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#6 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

The quest is working like it should.  I've done it 14 times on here now and many guild mates/friends/ did it too without any problems. :p_smile:

Just saying, you are not allowed to throw the flame scale away after you got in the first time with the key you got from Rocko F5 and killed Lavalon. Pablo on here won't give you another free key, this server is different.

On EU server there was the little "habit" to use a little ......let's call it trick........to enter Lavalon dungeon constantly again and again.

The trick was the following (I can tell cause it isn't working on here) you did Rocko F5 and got your flamegate key. After that you went to Pablo to get the "fight to the death...." quest. Now you entered Lavalon with your key, killed it, got the needed quest item (the scale) and simply throw it away right after getting out of the dungeon - without touching the quest at all. The quest turned undone. Now you simply had to go back to Libra and to talk to Pablo again to get another flame gate key. 

You were able to do this over and over again, endless times - as long as you never did finish the "fight to death..." quest. ....was a common "habit" on the EU servers.

Sadly ...the part with throwing the scale away and simply leave the quest undone to get endless new flamegate keys from Pablo does not work on here. Pablo on here will only give you one key! one time!. No matter if you throw the scale away on purpose or not.

I came across many people from the EU server that were used to this "habit" and saw them fail doing it. Many of them had to wait for the repeatable quest of Pablo to show up for them again the next day. (This is the only option you have left when you once did throw your scale (quest item) away. It comes back every 24 hours and gives you exactly one key. So you can finish your quest like you should)

Like I said previously, the quest never had a problem for me. Not on IAH, not on gpot and not on here. 

And still hasn't.

You mis-read. I did not throw the scale away - I went in for my lavalon attempt alone and died, so I did not even get scale to begin with.

The problem is that Pablo does not give me another key for a second attempt no matter how many times I try to talk to him. This means that the only way for me to get another shot at killing Lavalon is to have someone else bring me in with their key - which makes no sense.

The daily quest for the key only appears AFTER you finish the first quest to kill Lavalon, which means that I won't have access to that key. So why is the only solution after dying once, to have someone else bring me in?

THAT seems like a bug to me.

Edited by Xallista, 08 June 2015 - 08:28 AM.

#7 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:54 AM

Aaah, now the situation is getting much more clear. You guys should really tell the whole story when reporting a bug. Sorry.

:p_smile:

Yup Pablo's daily shows only up afterwards. That's true. (for the ones using this "trick" and failing not a problem though).

Regarding your bug. It seems you actually hit a bug here. 

You should have had the key in the inventory still. Cause it should only disappear after completely finishing the dungeon.

(aka you got the scale, killed lavalon and get warped out of the dungeon)

It actually normally stays...at least it did for me....I died once too (okay gc in the bossroom) and still had the key after relog.  I personally was able to start the whole thing again and to finally kill Lavalon and finish the quest. So I wonder what went wrong in your case.

I really do....

Edited by Fliederduft78, 08 June 2015 - 08:56 AM.

#8 Xallista

Xallista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:09 PM

Regarding your bug. It seems you actually hit a bug here. 

You should have had the key in the inventory still. Cause it should only disappear after completely finishing the dungeon.

(aka you got the scale, killed lavalon and get warped out of the dungeon)

It actually normally stays...at least it did for me....I died once too (okay gc in the bossroom) and still had the key after relog.  I personally was able to start the whole thing again and to finally kill Lavalon and finish the quest. So I wonder what went wrong in your case.

I really do....

Nah, the key you get from the first quest is the same key you get from the daily quest - it disappears once you enter the dungeon. That's why the quest says:

(If you lost your key or failed to defeat Lavalon, visit Pablo of Libra again)

But that does not work, which is why I was asking at first how I could get another key, thinking it might just be outdated text.

#9 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:24 PM

Nah, the key you get from the first quest is the same key you get from the daily quest - it disappears once you enter the dungeon. That's why the quest says:

No, it doesn't disappear. At least not for me. :p_smile:

I took out my good old Hippo to say "hi" to Lavalon. They haven't seen each other in a very long time, so I thought time for a re-visit.

before.jpg

After some running, some mini boss killing and Rokko at the end (or was it Rocko?...sorry forgot how it is written these days) I made my way to the bossroom portal. I took 2 screens, so you can clearly see I still got the 2 "dungeon enter keys" plus 1 " enter bossroom key" in my inventory still.

enterboss1.jpg

enterboss2.jpg

I pressed my portal enter key and triggered a game close, exactly at this point. (No worries, isn't that hard to do for me - I just have to switch on my anti virus tool. Yup, one of those DragonSaga does not like at all)

After finding myself back at the desktop I simply switched off my anti virus again. I started DragonSaga again and logged back in. The moment I saw Hippo standing in front of the Lava dungeon again I took these two screens.

out1.jpg

out2.jpg

As you can see I still got the 2 "lava dungeon enter keys" in my inventory (exactly the ones I started my little experiment with) plus the 1 "lava dungeon boss room enter key" I got inside the dungeon by killing the last mini boss. I did not loose anything, not a single key.

This is what once happened to me in the past already too. The time I had a "not triggered" real sudden gameclose. I was curious myself if they changed anything, or if I just have been lucky in the past. But either I'm still very lucky (very unlikely), or you really hit a bug here. 

Cause after taking the last two screens I went directly back in, just running through the end - not even needed to kill the last mini boss (cause I had the needed key still in the inventory), killed Lavalon (sadly no heart drop ) and finished the whole thing.  :p_smile:

What ever went wrong in your case I can't say. But you are right by saying you encountered a bug......of whatever kind......dunno.

Edited by Fliederduft78, 08 June 2015 - 10:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users