Sorcerer rotations changed since master update? - Sorcerer - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sorcerer rotations changed since master update?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Railgo

Railgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:24 PM

Greetings,

I did a ro2 break of about 1,5 years.

So I came back in and saw this nice lil master change of reaching over maxlevel.

Okay it's fine. But now I can't really see the "true way of dmg" in my sorc. I should cut smalltalk. Let's go in my question:

With the new Jupitel Thunder Mastery on level 6 I can spam Lightning Bolt instead of Cold Bolt to proc my Jupitel Thunder autocast of 10%, BUT is this way really "better" instead of letting this Mastery on 2 (best cost efficiency) and go oldschool for the rotation cold bolt until crestbuff and 4 insane level 6 Jupitel Thunders with double dmg? or is the dot of 50% Lightning Bolt in combination with Jupitel Thunder 6% for each shockstack better than the old way?

I just saw some confusing things that forced me under this question.

So guys, whats better?

Edited by Railgo, 19 June 2015 - 06:30 PM.

#2 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:39 PM

I prefer to left JT Mastery at 2/6 and LB at 8/10 for dps'ing while running (pretty nice for broken pvp with Electrostatic buff and for faming dna\low-lvl mobs)

Currently I'm using this build cuz OP Fireball dot, but you can set skill points for heal skills\VS\Cold Bolt instead of LB or FB.

Edited by KuroiKoneko, 19 June 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#3 Railgo

Railgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:02 PM

I hate tu xD just spreading more questions in me.

- why the should fireball be good? we have 784% dmg, 30% of them is the dot damage within 10 seconds, so we have (784%x0,3)/10 = 23,52% dmg per second, is that really good? Or did my math fail?

- Whats the point using Wind Emblem without using Cold Bolt?

I just don't understand it. Would you explain?

#4 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:25 PM

- It's not really 30% of dealt damage because of ml mobs have more than 75% def (def cap) so after dealing 20k damage dot will be around 20k too, same vs players

- I use CB for Power of Crest buff, but ikr lol not maxed

#5 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:57 AM

- why the should fireball be good? we have 784% dmg, 30% of them is the dot damage within 10 seconds, so we have (784%x0,3)/10 = 23,52% dmg per second, is that really good? Or did my math fail?

- Whats the point using Wind Emblem without using Cold Bolt?

Never trust descriptions!!!

It's 30% of the base damage per tick. So 235.2% every 2 sec.

Also note that the DoT is doubled on a successful crit and that DoTs ignore defense.

Wind Emblem reduces the casting time a lot. So you can actually spam Fireballs & Jupitel Thunders. In PvP, this get's essential because there are now that many Wind Pots and other speed bonuses in this game.

#6 Railgo

Railgo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

okay then, this makes fireball for sure very strong, I hate the skill descriptions in this game. Thank you at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users