VModBlueberry

Space Cowboy

• WarpPortal VM
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:46 AM

I will quote again Helium on this to keep it neat and on subject.

"We need to get more out faster, but Alteris is now working across multiple titles and I am the only one still completely devoted to Requiem.

He is now going to work on Dragon Saga (Requiem too) but I am going to be Requiem Producer now and the only person working only on Requiem.

I mean, it is great to announce I am taking over as lead designer, but the announcement also comes with, only one person working on Requiem now. So, I am not sure if it is good news or not." - Helium

#2 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:53 AM

Only the Future can tell us.

But i`m grateful for the share of Information.

Sandy is now full of forgiveness...you will see.

#3 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:55 AM

Noooooooooooo XDXD

#4 Empyro

Empyro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, U.S.A.
  • Server:Trif / Hammerine Vet

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:00 AM

um whaaaaat!! cant they hire someone more? where is all this money going to? I must say this really sucks, dont get me wrong...Helium prolly has had the best ideas of all, but for real..cant they hire someone.

Helium has been around since the game started we need someone with fresh ideas...someone who is not so bored with req, cuz I know darn well helium is bored. :(

#5 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

well , Congratulations Helium. i wish you courage and good luck. but yes. whatever opinions we have about what have been done so far on ReQQ , i can't believe it will be for good . just because one man alone can't manage a game like Requiem i think.

moreover with all the bugs that remain on it. there's a TITAN's work ahead...

good luck Helium and good luck to us :p_swt:

#6 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:29 AM

Yea I called this happening last october which is why I systematically quit the game, its only a small matter of time now.  To quote myself "I doubt requiem will be able to generate enough revenue to keep paying Denny minimum wage".  Personally I would like to think that there is a special place in game developer hell for you guys.

Rides over kids.

Edited by djfree, 24 June 2015 - 08:33 AM.

#7 hadro

hadro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:08 AM

Well all i can say is good luck! Also it would be hell alot easier for Helium if he just communicated with us more, if he could visit these forums more frequently and speak with us.

#8 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:29 AM

Well all i can say is good luck! Also it would be hell alot easier for Helium if he just communicated with us more, if he could visit these forums more frequently and speak with us.

not sure he will have real time for that .

i know what it is like to have crazy 14 hours a day work, running non stop the full time and even like that unable to finish all the things that are supposed to be...

now in Requiem we still have :

- Balance is a bad joke

- battlefields still bugged ( sometimes for trifri, and that's new, and often or almost perma for nova.)

- many quests bugged

- new weapons bugged (damages are not well applied it seems / some stats apply when you look at character screen but don't appear in item window / and of course SCAD on xenovia , what is fine for others when it's about a prot and his heals but far less on a tanky nuker. don't need block added :heh:  )

- some animations/skills still bugged for years , like what Craft said somewhere else about tempest , or the well known "Superman bug" of rushes

- some areas skins  are bugged ( no sorry Lava around Cherry's Lair doesn't look natural to me... :p_sick: )

and i know i forget "many" here posted everywhere in forum for years.

and it's a man ALONE who is supposed to solve all that ? ( and yeah i know about possibles answers will ironic or bad spirit about copy/paste and abilities , what i understand , but eh. that won't help us anyway , even if it's good to lowering OUR pressure , that won't help the pressure on the "lonesome dev")

whatever the time, energy , ability , making "turning well" a game like Requiem seems impossible for a lonesome man. not even sure that game like "M---Craft" are still the deed of one man. there is ever teams behind any type of MMO's i think.

but ok , i am not programmer. maybe it's fast and easy. but seriously i doubt. i remember some posts of cleffy. wonder why they don't hire him. was looking like willing , maybe he was asking too much money ? :p_devil:

well. let's say that make ReQQ even more unique... such an MMO manage by a man alone. good work Gravity. until closure right ? and once again good luck Helium.

hope you will at last correct bugs. we know you don't seem to feel concern about it. but really many think it's more important than adding average quality content what give you additional work. but i suppose you haev no "choice" and follow a line decided by gravity ? i wonder.

again good luck and courage anyway. :hmm:

#9 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:56 AM

Sigh... At least they should of finished REBALANCING the classes and fixing major bugs. The End is Nigh!

#10 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:01 AM

oh..hire some people, im sure there will be people in here that would join for free

#11 BioElesis

BioElesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationDominican Republic
  • Server:Triffi

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:10 AM

Hoping for the best....

Decent updates in time!

No more Ninja maints!

Main bugs solved!

Turan skill preview

Sins/SR Skill Preview

Etc.

Edited by BioElesis, 24 June 2015 - 10:11 AM.

#12 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:40 PM

Well can only wish "good luck" (sincerely) and "good strength".

Also, serious suggestion to the "top management" (OK, don't laugh): Bring Back Sakana!

#13 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:14 PM

I mean, it is great to announce I am taking over as lead designer, but the announcement also comes with, only one person working on Requiem now. So, I am not sure if it is good news or not." - Helium

Well that depends, it is good news if that means you will start to take the community seriously. Add shard of infinity to strongest reward merchant and focus all your time to balancing classes and stop making new armor/weapons/enchants. The end game is solely dependent on PvP and battlefields. When will you guys realize this?

#14 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:37 PM

The end game is solely dependent on PvP and battlefields. When will you guys realize this?

this mentality is exactly what the koreans strives for during the short time they attempted to develop the game...now if ur old enough think bak to when pvp was lvl 65 bracket... every 2-3 month they  nerfed introduced a new flavor of the month for everyone to strive for. by the time u got ur char right a new flavor was up...

im sorry u believe this explicid but u are a product of nerfs and new flavor of the month syndrome.

as far as helium goes being the sole person in charge i ask u to just use ur mind and surprise us with logical decisions.  if u are tryin to fix avenger and ranger use yo brain son!!...many ppl have already posted multiple suggestions to fix the remaining classes. just go on that and make it happen and everyone will be happy...

dont make more useless changes like what was added to warlord with ur new skills..the only viable skill added was turtle turtle!!

#15 kafkaesque

kafkaesque

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:49 AM

I wish Helium good luck

#16 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:56 AM

lol, i have no control over the devs and you are blaming me for nerfs that happened 3-4 years ago, when I never went on forums, lets stop pointing fingers. Are you enjoying Requiem: Rise of the Recycled Bosses and Enchants?

#17 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationGravity Interactive, Buena Park, California
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

I think you are all missing the point....

...should have been fired years ago.

It is pretty amazing, you really think you know don't you. I have devoted a sizable portion of my life to this and I am still happy to do it. If you think some insulting words and stunning lack of insight into what is going on behind the scenes, the number of different hats I wear, the everyday busy work of helping Support do their jobs, maintaining the servers and databases, while trying to chip away some progress on skill balance in between these things, is going to make me upset or that I would not even notice it, you thought wrong.

That is about all I have to say to such a hateful and bitter post, except to say to everyone that I still care about Requiem, that I am grateful for the chance to work with Players that enjoy playing Requiem, and I look forward now to working more closely with you in game guiding the direction of the game.

P.S. We really had so little communication back in the days of the Gravity HQ Requiem Studio. I don't want that to be the case for us.

P.P.S. Alteris did so do some of the Skill Balance, he did both Berserker and Warlord.

#18 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:10 AM

First thing I need to do is find the best way to organize all the feedback and make the stream of requests and suggestions manageable.

But I can't get to the first thing until I am done with what I am doing right now: I am trying to complete fixes to various bugs found mostly with MDC equipment, some quest related Valdes bugs, and some compounding formula bug. I would like to get this done by the end of today so a patch can be compiled tonight and be ready for the morning. Fixes went in on the server side with the Dimensional Box fix maintenance, so it may only need to be client side patch, that would be nice but we will see.

#19 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

How it's going with Reaper? Any chance we get stealing mana/reaper fixed in next patch? Many dominators waiting the changes...even if probably they will be disappointed. I would like to see more polls from u in the forum, to make changes and also enable the "send message" in ur profile please.

#20 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:17 AM

Well can only wish "good luck" (sincerely) and "good strength".

Also, serious suggestion to the "top management" (OK, don't laugh): Bring Back Sakana!

"Sakana" and I actually live physically close to each other. In fact, we waved at each other driving down the same road recently and I wondered how he is doing. I really wish I had his help right now too. He was great boon for Requiem and he is missed by me too.

#21 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:18 AM

Oh, and also, can u increase battlefield rewards (permanently if possible xP)? they are completely DEAD.

#22 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:21 AM

How it's going with Reaper? Any chance we get stealing mana/reaper fixed in next patch? Many dominators waiting the changes...even if probably they will be disappointed. I would like to see more polls from u in the forum, to make changes and also enable the "send message" in ur profile please.

I will return details about what is coming (or what I managed to get done in time) in the patch. Both in posting myself and via our awesome VM Blueberry! I do plan to include the changes I mentioned already for Stealing Mana and the Reaper NPC.

#23 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:24 AM

Oh, and also, can u increase battlefield rewards (permanently if possible xP)? they are completely DEAD.

Ya, I know. Every time we do a battlefield event, when it ends they go dead ha! Like 100 or more people in concurrent battlefields one day and 0 the next.

Of course, this time there is a natural and normal reason the battlefields are empty. There is a limited time Raid Dungeon open...

#24 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:24 AM

I will return details about what is coming (or what I managed to get done in time) in the patch. Both in posting myself and via our awesome VM Blueberry! I do plan to include the changes I mentioned already for Stealing Mana and the Reaper NPC.

Thanks for reply ^^

#25 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:29 AM

They don't join because it give very few points without event, it's even faster farm that points in Treasure Dungeon, and also because the items you can buy aren't upgraded (especially SvS ones, the same since S1). Also, the max points are very low, ppl can max in 1 minute and then they go afk!

Would be nice if you can increase max points by x3 and x2 the rewards permanently, with 50% week-end events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users