WHY?!

8 replies to this topic

#1 DrDistortion

DrDistortion

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:18 PM

Am I the only one whose target button targets the FARTHEST enemy first?

How does this make any sense?? It's completely insane.

#2 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:15 AM

cuz rng as usual

#3 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:30 AM

give me zenny pls

#4 Emilizzard

Emilizzard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • Server:Odin ofc <3

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:05 AM

As far as I've been able to tell, it's based loosely on where your character and/or camera is facing. If you position your camera view behind your character (so you're facing the same way) it should start with closer targets. There might actually be a setting for it, not sure.

Though, I did want to look into that more, thanks for the reminder XD

#5 DrDistortion

DrDistortion

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:15 AM

This is no possibility to alter the tab's ability to target enemies based on location. Last time I logged (about a year ago), I don't remember having such a stupid problem. 

As you said, you can slightly alter which enemies get targeted based on your camera angle, but this is not a fix to the problem. Many times it is inefficient to be constantly trying to find good angles so I can just target enemies. At that point, I'd just point and click the enemy with my mouse, but this defeats the purpose of having a more streamlined targeting experience using the tab key. This is the only game I know that thinks it is a good idea to not target enemies that are in the process of killing you, choosing instead to pick an enemy not currently in a fight.

#6 donchan

donchan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:38 AM

I'm not sure when this issue started occurring, but it is really annoying.  Back in the LotS days I know for a fact this was not an issue. 

#7 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

Right click on an NPC to go repair or buy items ahead of me only to run right past and start nonsense talks with one of the thousands of useless NPCs that do nothing.

Yup standing toe to toe with a skull mage towering over me, laser beam, pew pew, hit tab, and fire off an arrow, only to target, hit, and aggro the next skull mage, FUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

#8 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

Right click on an NPC to go repair or buy items ahead of me only to run right past and start nonsense talks with one of the thousands of useless NPCs that do nothing.

Yup standing toe to toe with a skull mage towering over me, laser beam, pew pew, hit tab, and fire off an arrow, only to target, hit, and aggro the next skull mage, FUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Regarding your second example, you probably already had focus on the nearer skull mage due to his attacks on you, so when you hit tab, you selected the next nearest one.

#9 Cartian

Cartian

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:13 PM

I had that when I accidentally messed up my shortcut keys, check your shortcut key settings in game from the esc menu.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users