TABLE OF CONTENTS
2. Gloopy's Room map
II. Fighting Gloopy
1. Regular content: Explain how to fight Gloopy from A-Z (many notes included)
2. Advanced content:
- Description on fighting Gloopy avoiding fatal slimes
+ Explanation by Q&A
+ Gloopy's transformation phases and HP reduction mechanism by default
+ How to take down Gloopy ASAP
+ Sum up
III. Demonstration videos
IV. Tips and notes
As many people have raised their problems at doing SCs and killing the boss - Gloopy, I would like to share my experience at killing Gloopy (Boss) here.
I would not mention about Executor or Shaman as they are pretty straightforward and require almost - no specific tactics or "tricks".
Alright, here's a simple draft map I draw on Gloopy's room.
(It's kinda ugly so, bear with me)
In the picture, I've marked and listed every objects in there, including
- Gates from Sewers and Halls (2)
- Gates from which globs spawn (3)
- Routes along which globs move (3)
- Pillars (3)
Safe zones (3)All is safe as of 2017/12
- Gloopy (1)
I reckon there are new players as well as veterans here, so I will break my explanations into General and Advanced.
II. FIGHTING GLOOPY
【START from scratch】
As many people complained about the overpowered blue slime as well as the visual glitch ingame which makes players not capable of seeing the exact location of the slime nor position themselves properly, I would like to explain, how to avoid these troubles.
Gloopy's Room (Image again)
1. Q: Why people die a lot at Gloopy: A: Because of the blue goo/ slime
2. Q: How to kill Gloopy the most efficient way and timesaving?
Answer: I will explain again, beware it might take time reading.
- At the beginning, Gloopy is at full health: 100%
- Gloopy transforms from Normal from to Skeleton form at least 3 times (or more)
=> KEY POINT: Each time transforming, Gloopy loses around 1/3 potion of his full health, I assume that he loses 31%
=> Based on my previous explanations, he transforms 3 times: 3 x 31% = 93%
So, basically, the boss - Gloopy with, by default, loses 93% of his full health after 3 times transforming no matter what you do.
Q: What can be implied from this fact? ↑
A: You only have to hit 7% of his full HP, in order to kill him
Q: How can I hit only less than 7% of his full HP?
A: Adjust your and your mates' damages by changing gears
Q: What will happen if we exceed this 7%? And how to resolve it?
- How to resolve: Adjust the boss's HP to around 31~35% (or visually 1/3 of his HP bar)
- How to adjust his HP: Take advantage of the design, let 1 OR more than 1 of the globs arrive at Gloopy, they will heal him (Eveyone calls it "feed" as Gloopy periodically screams "Must...feed" )
I assume that each glob heals around 8-10% of Gloopy's max HP, so once you notice that Gloopy has less HP than his 1/3 HP bar, but still a lot, not even close to 1-5%, then it's time to feed, and how many to feed depends on the situation. => This is what I can't break into cases as it varies among runs, and you'd better learn it yourselves.
In short: - Adjust damage to hit him just enough to make him transform into Skeleton form, but keep the damage below 10% of his max HP - Make him transform 3 times, no more - Feed the globs when you realize Gloopy still has around 10~30% HP, as feeding him then kill takes less time than hitting his load of HP, right? - Finish him and get rewarded.
Overall, I wanna rephrase the key points at killing Gloopy:
1. Avoid slimes
2. Control where Gloopy spawn slimes
3. Kill globs
4. Learn the 3 transforming sequence
5. Learn how his HP drops and when to/ not to feed
This helps you save your time killing Gloopy to the most, and avoid any unncessary deaths.
III. DEMONSTRATION VIDEOS
2. Without audio
3. Easy Gloopy with 2 Batttle Clerics (Range + Magic damage = GG) (7.16.2015)
Sorry for the bad video quality, only up to 480p as I play on kinda small window & poor internet.
Will update if I can capture another one.
IV. TIPS AND NOTES
1. Bug which can happen at Gloopy's:
Keynote: Avoid using poison/ burn when Gloopy's HP has dropped very low.
Reason: Once Gloopy drops to very low on health (1~2%), stop using poison/burn
Poison and Burn can't kill Gloopy (We might think they do), but will cause a bug.
=> Bug: When he turns back to normal form after being poisoned/burnt, he will become not-targetable, and stays at the center no matter what. IF you leave his room and return, you'll notice he's not there anymore, and the whole group has to leave.
2. Tip: Figihting Gloopy with ease using 2 rangers
In my experience, it's likely that you can fight Gloopy with ease, with the help of at least 1 or 2 rangers.
Due to the fact that ranger can easily draw Gloopy's aggro, while under attack from 2 rangers, Gloopy will become 'confused', he can't decide who to chase => As soon as he comes down with a decision, he's already taken enough hits/ damages and has to turn into ExoSkeleton.
Give it a try
Pretty much said, I hope you guys find this sharing post informative and helpful.
I might attach more images and videos, or more tips/ hints on how to kill Gloopy later on. Or you could help me contribute to this thread, I would surely quote them here.
If you like to group up in games and run some SCs, I would be happy to do so.
Thanks for reading and sorry for this long post.
- Monster types: http://rose.irowiki....pes_of_monsters
- Class counter: http://rose.irowiki.org/wiki/Classes
(You can find more about the counters between classes, this also apply to monster types which let you know who is better to deal with which monster)
Edited by thetrangdamvn, 25 December 2017 - 10:32 PM.