*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide - Page 24 - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

*UPDATED 12/8/2018* blackCROSS's Ultimate Physical Rune Knight Guide

• Please log in to reply
1238 replies to this topic

#576 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:44 PM

I think a lot of people are put off by the ASPD of the gigant blade, and its being viewed as either a crush strike or clashing spiral weapon. I am hoping to mess around with it a bit with my RK a bit. I'll see if the ASPD business works in double negative territory with the Asir rune today when I get home. 

Also to compare to Cardo for CSpiral damage cuz why not. 

I forgot we could use 2hs for clashing spiral. But an enchanted cardo with EA would still win. I don't know if I'd card an archer skeleton card on a highly upgraded one just for clashing spiral damage though. Test it and report back to us.

#577 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:05 PM

Using same criteria as I did here: https://forums.warpp...mage/?p=2463919

Gigant blade doesn't benefit from the size mod of spears on dragon, so I asked a friend to give me weapon perfection, and with that I did 17.8k.

So, better than cardo but EA enchants on cardo may bump it up. I don't know if you'd want to dedicate so much to a clashing spiral build though, I think you'd get more mileage out of a gungnir for hundred spears. 

#578 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

Using same criteria as I did here: https://forums.warpp...mage/?p=2463919

Gigant blade doesn't benefit from the size mod of spears on dragon, so I asked a friend to give me weapon perfection, and with that I did 17.8k.

So, better than cardo but EA enchants on cardo may bump it up. I don't know if you'd want to dedicate so much to a clashing spiral build though, I think you'd get more mileage out of a gungnir for hundred spears. 

Its just good to know we can use Clashing Spiral if we can obtain a +12 Gigant Blade, I don't remember if high STR effect damage of clashing or not. Does Archer Skeleton effect Crush Strike damage? Is it considered ranged skill? 

#579 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 04:58 AM

Crush Strike is a normal melee hit, you're better stacking phys attack + crit mods for it.

For CSpiral, your STR will give you extra weapon atk, which is a big deal. Part of the reason why weapons like Doom Slayer and Giant Lance are garbage is because they are nearly all equip atk, and so you lose out on the big str bonus to their base attack value. For the Gigant Blade, you need 110 str anyway to not incur the penalty. 

For the damage formula itself, CSpiral adds your atk as a flat addition into the formula, at about a 2.5:1 ratio for weapon weight though. Basically, 1 point of weapon weight = 2.5  points of attack. However, this does mean that your attack value is used twice in the formula -- once, as the base damage modifier and again as a flat addition into the formula. 

It goes something like this (for level 5, of course):

each hit's damage = YourATK * 3.5 * ((weapon weight * 2.5) + YourATK)

Edited by mildcontempt, 15 June 2016 - 05:33 AM.

#580 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

so wait...you need 111 STR for gigantic blade?

#581 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

I think 110 str is enough, I just happened to already have 120 str. 

#582 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:18 PM

i'm too late for that now unless i get some stones for reset:

current stats

str 100

agi 100

vit 91

int 80

dex 2

luk 120

dont have the gigantic blade yet tho i was planning to get one but with the current stats , i won't be able to utilize it :sob:

#583 Gapja

Gapja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

I have a question. For IB hit chance was depend on dex or not? If yes i think i'll play on agi dex and use IB for leveling and then restat to Agi Luk. It'll easy than.

#584 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

Just use spear dynamo, it adds 50 hit. I had 30 dex out the gate with my phys RK (went 120 str right out) and spear dynamo made it just fine. 

#585 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:46 AM

is there much difference between having 30 dex and 48 dex when it comes to casting ignition break and bowling bash?

#586 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:44 AM

6.79% variable cast time
No

Edited by Ashuckel, 18 June 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#587 jiggity

jiggity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:43 PM

I remember using a Spell 4/4 Vfear double malicious with only 30 dex. The difference was quite noticable. The only downside is I no longer have sp leech when I swap out Thanatos Great Sword. I found Vfear very useful vs. high def mobs cause it has good chance to pierce defense. 

#588 Gapja

Gapja

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

Just use spear dynamo, it adds 50 hit. I had 30 dex out the gate with my phys RK (went 120 str right out) and spear dynamo made it just fine. 

Thank so much and for Enchant blade between int 1 and int 60 dmg was too much different or not?

#589 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:09 AM

It's an extra 59 attack on top of the 200 you get from the skill itself, though it only works with auto-attacks/crits if I'm not mistaken (crush strike included).

#590 3517141221120507830

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

hi guys im know this my question are out of topic here but i want to know how to reduce the time cool down of the skill on DB type RK thxs

#591 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

Delay reduction%

#592 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 19 June 2016 - 12:30 PM

cast delay to be precise, not to be confused to attack delay (aspd) like that dagger guy did

#593 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

cast delay to be precise, not to be confused to attack delay (aspd) like that dagger guy did

my name was spoken .....so i have appeared!  :lol:

i have a question........considering the fact that we will soon get the lindy hop sword and old rune circlet........and taking them into consideration as part of a build, what would be better to have:

120 str and 30 dex  or 110 str and 48 dex.

for maximum attack at 193 aspd and maximum ignition break damage with optimum cast?

i ask because of the following videos:

here we have black knights original build 120 str 30 dex doing an average of 29k crit before eddga hat proc:

https://www.youtube....h?v=34ZS_0GFDHI

and here we have from kro with lindy hop and old rune circlet  Dongwan Han:

https://www.youtube....h?v=h1ULJUFByw0

Edited by dagger47, 19 June 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#594 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:38 AM

I've been patiently waiting for the bio5 headgear as well. SO much that I'm preparing a new build for a competent skill usage IB-BB RK for it. Currently making another RK to run this build.

Here's the layout for my new RK:
--------------------------------------------------------
Stats:
[Full BB IB]
STR- 120
AGI- 90
VIT- 90
DEX- 120
INT- 35
LUK- 2
OR
[Pseudo DB/IB BB RK]
STR-110
AGI- 90
VIT 100
DEX- 120
INT- 60
LUK- 1

Gears:
Bio5 Headgear/[White Eddga+12 for now]
Roboeye/BDM[DLF3]
JinnBalloon
+12 TGL/VF AK*2/[SwordGuardian*2 for now], FS12~14
+9HBP/FAW FS16 [Wakwak]
+9 Temporal Dex Boots FS7/HE(or BP)
Bakonawa Tattoo x2, or Megs if you're a rich dawg.

Costumes:
Full Moon
Any 1% Atk Mid
Physical Set +23
Aspd1 Wing
Liberation Set

----------------------------------------

puppy*ing reason that BB isnt spammable now is because Renewal added a -_-ty 0.35 sec fixed cast time to it, that wasn't there pre-renewal [which is why BB is spammable for classic LKs and here we have RKs who cant spam BB for nuts].

Beyond the goddamn temporal dex boots, I cant find any good replacement to entirely remove the fixed cast time, but frigging magic happens when it's finally removed: Skill DPS suddenly flies sky high.

With 193 ASPD(191.5 without asir), and dex at 120, I basically got 3-4BBs per sec, and practically no cast time on IB.
BB's DPS becomes much higher than just doing IB when you add in those sword guardian cards. Theoritically, when HE activates, you should have 0 cast time and be able to cast 5 BBs per sec(0.2s server fixed delay), and no IB cast time. Hence 10BBs and 1 IB every 2 seconds, although I'd count on lags and -_- to only do about 7-8BB in 2seconds. IB damage might be lower without +9 Black Ribbon, but when +12 Eddga procs, the damage becomes closer, while the amount of BBs done in 2seconds way exceed what IB can do, hence Eddga is better for now.

***Calculator shows me i do 52K per BB with Turisus rune on Kraken with a wind element converter(not mildwind) when +12 Eddga procs***
(I use Kraken as the example because he's large sized and has pretty low def [62hard def]). 

When the Bio5 headgear comes out, switching over to a +12 Old Rune Circlet and a +12 AK weapon will reduce BB damage from 52K to about 40K, but IB jumps from 90K to 300~350K.

-------------------------------------------------------

Above content is still personally untested but am positive that it might be pretty good, so am currently leveling a new RK to test it out before Bio 5 comes out. Dude's level 117 now, so hopefully I can get him done by next week.

DPS-wise, Crit RK will still win out with Crush Strike and Berserk, but only has access to half the AOE DPS. Crit RKs can still do 300K~ IBs but only do 2 BBs instead of 7-8 in between. This STR build RK can also do some DBs if needed by just swapping some gears. DPS of DB should still be decent because equipment probably accounts for a hell lot more of DB's damage than the actual stats as long as you're 175 and have 120 dex.

#595 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Chaos

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:41 PM

legend say that the whole server collapse during this exact moment :v 

Based on something I read earlier, it's supposedly possible, though practically impossible, for Crush Strike to reach something like 148 million damage.

2)I actually level up my agi rk as dbrk in nct. I choose to use parry instead of shield mainly because i want to use tgl. But i feel that i take considerly less damage than when i am wearing a shield. Just make sure you use shadow armor.

5)If you use parry, since it actually block incoming atk by 50%, parry actually lower the BP activation chance. As for aloevera, it will cast provoke lvl1 on yourself. Each provoke cast is considered as 1 atk. So yea. It is handy if you want to active it, but normally people dont really spam it for grinding :v

6) i have +9 g.spear, +9g. flamber, and +9b.clymore. With full rk buff (1man party) and without endow, Crush Strike with
g.spear deal 180k against orc warrior
9.flamberge deal 220k against orc warrior
b.clymore deal 200k against orc warrior
(this is in pvm, so this damage still doesnt take in the demihuman bonus)
i have a feeling that high refined g.clymore will be better against demi. You can get that to deal against demimob.
btw, one of my guildmate like to mvp using that byll-something-1-hand-sword (forgot its name :v) + shield
his rk is a mixed between criting and skillspamming. I might try to mimic his rk playstyle after we get that old rune circlet :s

What other gear do you have, and is that a crit with turisis proc?  I have deleted my Rune Knight since, but if I remember correctly, I was able to do about 100k crits with complete and utter noob gears except for a +9 Glorious Claymore and +9 Flamel Emure carded Fallen Angel Wing (Spell enchants) against an Orc Warrior.  Against the Orc Lord it was only about a 5k difference in damage.

Edited by DestinyTalim, 26 June 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#596 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

please. I said that if you use weapon with low atk, sometime, your atk will miss when you try to hit high def target. Aura blade on the other hand, bypass def, which you can use to make sure your atk hit.

I know this is late, but that was on a poring.  And there's no way a poring can survive a few hundred damage.  Yes, I missed a poring, and no, it wasn't in White Imprison or anything like that.  It was right after maintenance and I happened to be one of the first people who logged on, right next to a poring too.  I used Aura Blade, Spear Dynamo, Enchant Blade, Two Hand Quicken, and Parry, and I missed.  Lo and behold, the poring was still alive.  So yes, Aura Blade does miss.  Oh, and my weapon was a +9 Violet Fear with Fighting Spirit 7/8 enchants.

Edited by DestinyTalim, 26 June 2016 - 03:29 PM.

#597 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:13 AM

What other gear do you have, and is that a crit with turisis proc?  I have deleted my Rune Knight since, but if I remember correctly, I was able to do about 100k crits with complete and utter noob gears except for a +9 Glorious Claymore and +9 Flamel Emure carded Fallen Angel Wing (Spell enchants) against an Orc Warrior.  Against the Orc Lord it was only about a 5k difference in damage.

If you have temp luk, fatal faw, and good weapon, you should deal at least 1 mil with turisus proc against low def target (or academy's egg).

#598 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:55 PM

If you have temp luk, fatal faw, and good weapon, you should deal at least 1 mil with turisus proc against low def target (or academy's egg).

If I had the money.  I usually use aspd on the Fallen Angel Wing (Flamel card, as I use nothing but slims to heal) with my Rune Knight, but sometimes I'll end up using spell since I only have one, and I have more casters than aspd characters.  The number I gave was against Orc Lord, and not so great other gear.  I don't have bad gear, just not excellent either.  I will probably never make enough to get good shadow gear.  And I meant to say that 100k was Crush Stroke before Turisis proc.  I've nearly one hit Orc Lord.

Edited by DestinyTalim, 28 June 2016 - 12:09 AM.

#599 DestinyTalim

DestinyTalim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:37 AM

I know people who leveled as physical all the way too ):

Would you happen to know what gear they used and where they went?  And if they were vip?

#600 flamelove

flamelove

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:57 AM

Hi, 

I have Question regarding Crush Strike. Does it force neutral Dmg? I havent made to Crush Strike Rune,So not sure if its force neutral or not..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users