How to start leveling as GX? - Page 2 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

How to start leveling as GX?

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#26 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

no point for vana helm anymore with the addition of thanatos katar. that's more for rangers than it is for GX.

#27 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

I have 1 INT like many other GX's and with the rwh and thana katar I did not need any sp items at all

#28 Schill91

Schill91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

Just wanted to update and give you guys a BIG thank you :D

I can now confirm that I can solo lvl without any problems at all in Nogg Road after I bought the keyitem: Nab's cloth with Pasana card :).

As for my SP issue, I can now take on large groups of mobs when I'm using EDP, sometimes around 10 mobs and still sustain myself. One time I got too -_-y and took on 15+ and died from the hits ^^ but I guess my Vit will handle that in the future. Anyways, I bought some Aloe Leafs and Strawberries just in case to fill up the gaps that can arise between the mobbing. Excellent tactic ! Now I just need to buy these materials: Flywing, Awakening Pot, Aloe Leaf, Strawberry and Poison Bottle and I'm all set for some nice solo leveling. (I got around 15% just in 10 to 15 minutes of trying this out)

It's this kind of information I found really hard for a beginner like me to find in the first place. Wouldn't it be possible to create a guide regarding the RC Hybrid build starting when you're 100 GX and laying directions on what goals you should focus on as you level? Like what gear is prioritized, and all the kind of things you told me in this thread ?:) It's just a thought that can help out many like me.

#29 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

It's something that could be done. :3 Just find the time to do so. XD Also, gather some more info.

#30 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:21 AM

I've been thinking of doing it myself actually, just not sure I'm confident enough in my abilities to help others.

#31 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:36 AM

You can start by gathering what we've told you, adding your own experience and compile them :3

#32 Schill91

Schill91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:57 AM

Let me add one thing I just found out (that maybe was clear to you all but not me xD) there's a bounty board in Yuno where I'm saved while grinding Nogg :>. Earth Deleter, Sky Deleter and Nightmare Terror 150 each, rewards hella good EXP to accompany your grinding :) Add that one to the list.

And I'm sure there's no worry by doing a guide, the thing is to start somewhere, then everyone can help to build it and structure/give criticism ones it's up. I probably would've done but I'm far too inexperienced with this game as of yet to make guides, I'm the one that has to ask a new question in each answer I get as you probably know xD.

#33 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

I didn't mentioned about thr bounty boards because I assume you knew lol.

#34 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

as a general rule of thumb always check out this page to see if the region where you're leveling has bounty boards you can use to supplement your exp

http://irowiki.org/w...ty_Board_Quests

#35 Schill91

Schill91

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:57 PM

Hehe, see? :) You can't assume anything about new players I guess xD. Anyway thanks for the info :)

#36 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

+9 Vana is better than +9 RWH in my opinion.

With my Thanatos Katar and a +9 Vana I can take on entire screen fulls of most monsters where most of the GXs I've seen have trouble when they hit 10+ monsters. I took out ~30 monsters at once in a TI before after they clobbered another GX using only Thanatos (I gave him a long talk xD) I've never needed any consumables. Ever. (Well, EDPs but I bulk buy them every other time I get VIP, I get 7~10 hours worth of EDPs)

Only things I know of makes me need consumables are the 150+ leveling monsters right now, namely KK, Eremes Guiles, and NCT monsters, and they just have lots of flee and lots of attack.

#37 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

+9RWH give more hp leech compare to +9Vana.
+9Vana give more Sp leech compare to +9RWH.

at lower level, you wont really notice the difference, but in higher level, nct for an example, you will see that +9RWH>+9Vana for gx.

With +9RWH, +7~ Thanatos Katar, SoL enchanted TempBoot, you can level up in NCT without a single pot (unless, RNGesus want to troll you, then better start spamming your pots :v)

#38 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

Could explain why I was having trouble there.

My bigger point was someone saying "Once you get Thanatos you don't even need Vana or RWH 8D"

My reaction was a simple:

8fc3162d32c7e051f086e0b5b18c443365deb689

Edit:
I read his post wrong XD

Edited by Joatmon, 19 July 2015 - 11:57 AM.

#39 SigurdSvard

SigurdSvard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:28 PM

Hey, I didn't intend to get New Poison Research on my build since I can buy poison from other people and 10 points for 30sec of EDP seems too much. However since I'll be using a lot of EDP to level up do you think I should just get it now and then maybe reset my skills later?

What are your experiences with this, does the 30 sec make a lot of difference?

#40 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

On the larger scale, 30 seconds of EDP turns out to be a lot. At 1 min, you'll need 30 bottles per BMx3. At 1.5 minutes, you'll need 20 bottles. Those small differences will make a great change. I'd say get those 30 seconds.

#41 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

Hey, I didn't intend to get New Poison Research on my build since I can buy poison from other people and 10 points for 30sec of EDP seems too much. However since I'll be using a lot of EDP to level up do you think I should just get it now and then maybe reset my skills later?

What are your experiences with this, does the 30 sec make a lot of difference?

100% worth it.

You'd be surprised how many times EDP runs out and you're left with your pants down, metaphorically speaking. Yes, you can always recast... but it has a rather long aftercast delay where you're face-tanking things and not attacking back (you should always backslide out of a mob when recasting EDP, as a random aside.) 

EDP's damage is not just offense, but it is also a synergistic healing effect with the hp leech gear. It not only triples-quintuples your damage, but it also does the same to your healing. 

#42 SigurdSvard

SigurdSvard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:38 PM

Ok another question, 

My stats right now are:

LEV 105

STR: 43

AGI: 99

VIT: 71

INT: 1

DEX: 68

LUK: 1

I wanted to solo MID IT but I noticed that usually the mob there has too much flee for me and I can't hit them enough to leech back the  HP. Is there some cheap accessory or mid/lower headgear that I can get to add some hit? I didn't really wanna put more points into DEX right now since I was focusing on getting my VIT to 90.

The only thing I found was Cursed Hand which adds +10 Hit, any other ideas? Or maybe I should just lev up some more before trying to solo the TI.

#43 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

vesper core 04, dex glove, well-chewed pencil. the costume 12th anniversary combo and black shadow set give you heaps of free stats too. otherwise there aren't very many options for you at that level so you should probably get some more levels before trying.

Edited by hotel, 25 July 2015 - 02:34 PM.

#44 SigurdSvard

SigurdSvard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:50 PM

So many options, thanks.

Vesper Core 4 seems like the best option and its only 1m.

#45 Varmundt

Varmundt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

another option for you is to buy ancient shadow armor w/c gives +10 hit.

#46 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

Can try to use buche de noel, rogue's treasure, or the other accessories mentioned. Also, fighting spirit enchants on stuff (rwc ring, nab's cloth, etc.)

#47 SigurdSvard

SigurdSvard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:03 AM

Alright thanks everyone for the suggestions, the vesper core 4 is doing it for now, once I get 90 str I can change it for a Rogue's Treasure.

I also had to get a bathory armor and an Incubus pet because the RWH wasn't leeching enough SP, I think there's some monster on mid TI right now that steals SP because sometimes it goes down really fast.

#48 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:24 AM

Yes. Both monsters for this week's mid TI leech sp and hp,that's why the pet versions do too

#49 SigurdSvard

SigurdSvard

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

Ha, that makes sense.

How useful is Weapon Blocking for leveling with RC? Theoretically I would be negating 20% of the damage right, the wiki says there is no after-block skill delay too.

#50 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:15 AM

it's ok if you really need it, but usually it's just much more efficient to rely on constant damage + hp leech to survive a mob. if you can't though then it is an option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users