Make Grand Cross Movable/Cancel out when we move - Knight - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Make Grand Cross Movable/Cancel out when we move

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

Make this skill movable or at least cancel out if you move like Priest's Sanctuary. Knight is only tank with a planted AoE skill. Monk's Lightning Crush and Beastmaster's Beast Tornado can all move. Even Warriors using Brandish Storm can move freely, even though the hit box stays where it was first initiated.

Note 2 Wars/tank: Brandish can't be moved to hit nearby mobs if it missed in the first place, you are basically running pass mobs, tanks shouldn't do that in the first place, try Magnum Break. With a shorter animation, you might actually hit something, most mobs group together in threes... guess wut? Magnum hits 3. Mind Blown!!!

Bonus Tip: Skill hits area where you press the button, not where the animation hits the ground or stops or anywhere in between that).

At the end of a pull, AoEing down mobs, towards the end of a group... I start another Grand Cross and mobs get killed by a crit from dps or w/e. I'm stuck in animation til it ends, god help me if I'm used to double-tapping keys because this game is so laggy that I wanted to make sure it registers and not stand there like a dumbass. Nope it registered alright... the seconding one is also executed even though the last mob has already made a face plant. I'm a Tank... I should be the first to leave the spot and go running around telling more mobs their mother was a Tasty Truffle when I was still a young, greenhorn lad, and I bet she's an Angry Horang now - having them rage after me, but instead... I'm still cleaning off the ground... making it shine like bling bling.

Edited by 1280131004231231313, 20 July 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#2 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

Pretty serious problem, very explicit explanation, love the bonus tip, but lacks formality like "many players quit" or "developers never listen", which usually grabs Gravity's attention.

#3 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

Grand cross can't be movable (my thoughts)  but i agree that the double tapping problem is really tedious and I also find myself cleaning the ground, the best solution would probably be a cancellation if we move

#4 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:02 AM

Just two small points about your post:

Even Warriors using Brandish Storm can move freely, even though the hit box stays where it was first initiated.

Brandish's hit box doesn't stay where it was initiated, rather brandish behaves almost like an AoE that hits a single time but the damage gets spread out the duration of the animation, anything in range when you first activate it will take the full damage regardless of where you or the targets move after that, if anything new enters that original hit box area while you are moving away those enemies wont sustain any damage.

god help me if I'm used to double-tapping keys because this game is so laggy that I wanted to make sure it registers and not stand there like a dumbass. Nope it registered alright... the seconding one is also executed even though the last mob has already made a face plant. I

This particular problem can happen with many skills because double tapping will queue up an additional cast if you press the button while the first cast has already started. You can however circumvent this entirely if you cast something else during Grand Cross, that new skill you press will clear your queued skill and replace it. This also works to cancel out unwanted casts of skills like Lord of Vermillion by casting Healing Wave on yourself (also painfully slow, and locks you in place), that allows you to move immediately after since Healing Wave can simply be canceled when you start to move.

#5 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

Pretty serious problem, very explicit explanation, love the bonus tip, but lacks formality like "many players quit" or "developers never listen", which usually grabs Gravity's attention.

Since...

If (Player.Complaint == "Quit" || Player.Complaint == "YUNoListen") {

DEV = "DGAF";

a = INT(RND*10)+1;

if (a == 1) {

Server.Merger = 1;

}

if (a == 2) {

Sale = 1;

}

if (a == 3) {

Release.New.Content = 1;

}

}

If (Bug == "Kinda.Complicated") {

DEV.Reply = "Works.As.Intended";

}

Trying a different approach: Small little things that can easily be fixed, Colorful with Options and a road map.

Knight.Grand.Cross() {

Can.Move = 0;

While.Moving = 0;

}

Option 1)

// See Warrior.Brandish.Storm

Knight.Grand.Cross() {

Can.Move = 1;

While.Moving = 1;

}

Option2:

// See Priest.Sanctuary

Knight.Grand.Cross() {

Can.Move = 1;

While.Moving = 0;

}

EDIT: Yeah, this multiquote part didn't work so well. Just trying to Quote Toni.
Brandish's hit box doesn't stay where it was initiated, rather brandish behaves almost like an AoE that hits a single time but the damage gets spread out the duration of the animation, anything in range when you first activate it will take the full damage regardless of where you or the targets move after that, if anything new enters that original hit box area while you are moving away those enemies wont sustain any damage.

Yeah, just trying to keep things short and simple, trying to point out that just because they moved swinging that sword towards a mob means its gonna hit em. I mean I've a seen couple OP wars that are dead on amazing - killing every cluster of mobs they swing at (stopping or zigzagging so they end up in the perfect spot) and we are literary through running osi with no stopping to AoE, except the big rooms (Starting Mummy Room, Zombies Room, Executor Room), but 99% of the time more often then not they start too early or hit 1, then move towards the other mobs thinking they're actually doing anything but running pass mobs earning a huge 1 point on the threat meter. 

This particular problem can happen with many skills because double tapping will queue up an additional cast if you press the button while the first cast has already started. You can however circumvent this entirely if you cast something else during Grand Cross, that new skill you press will clear your queued skill and replace it. This also works to cancel out unwanted casts of skills like Lord of Vermillion by casting Healing Wave on yourself (also painfully slow, and locks you in place), that allows you to move immediately after since Healing Wave can simply be canceled when you start to move.

Hmm didn't know that. Does ANY skill replace queued skill or only skills with a cast time or only certain ones? Guess I'll have to do some testing later on after I get off work. Here's to Hoping Magnum will work.

Edited by 1280131004231231313, 20 July 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#6 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

Hmm didn't know that. Does ANY skill replace queued skill or only skills with a cast time or only certain ones? Guess I'll have to do some testing later on after I get off work. Here's to Hoping Magnum will work.

I haven't tested it extensively since Healing Wave on my sorcerer is the most practical option (it will work regardless of what I have targeted, and if I need to heal after LoV I can just let it finish casting), I would imagine any skill that you can validly cast at that moment should be able to replace it in the queue. Something like Battle Order or Magnum Break might be a good choice since it wont stop you from running, if you just tap that hotkey after you spammed Grand Cross, it should solve your problem.

Edited by Tonitrua, 20 July 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#7 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• 386 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

Actually, any skill works to cancel. I often use Cold Bolt, since it'll either fail for movement or say invalid target.

#8 1280131004231231313

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:44 AM

if you just tap that hotkey after you spammed Grand Cross, it should solve your problem.

Will you look at that? It did solve my problem. Thanks Toni. Epele too. +1 to the community helping out instead of this more and more toxic, nub feast, no one knows how to play their own class, gold asking, boost asking, int dps war/knight/crestw/lvl4 mermiad only searching, looking for any in party chat but pm's wut class as soon as say add, im better than you because I'm higher level than you, telling ppl learn2play but not trying to help teach - even refusing, looking for SM @condors,muka,OSI,skulls, not carrying any pots and expecting the healer to keep u alive then blame healer for anything that goes wrong, etc... BS.

I guess I should start playing my sorc again as well now that I know how to override this retarded queue. It's the little things that count, cause let's face it, we can't have any kind of high expectations nor expect it from this game. This makes it a little more bearable at least until I get one too many no skills in hotbar, cc/port DCs, trip over invisible rock falling 2 inch deaths, and finally rage quit. ...any day now.

Edited by 1280131004231231313, 21 July 2015 - 04:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users