Is Homunculus AFK Leveling Allowed? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is Homunculus AFK Leveling Allowed?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:19 PM

Hi,

I got PM by GM as follows:

"Looks like you are in AFK mode - can you please respond" "I am going to count down from 10, 9, 8...". I happen to catch this and replied in time as I was doing other things at my computer.

My question is was the GM going to ban a player for AFK leveling homunculus without using any third party programs? Is this not allowed?

Apologize if this question had been asked before.

Many thanks.

#2 Marionetta

Marionetta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • LocationWonderland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

As far as I know AFK leveling is totally legal (but note that you're still held responsible for your homun actions such as KS and stuff)

Maybe it was someone pretending to be a GM and was trying to scam you... next time take a screenshot, either so you have proof in case it was indeed true that a GM was asking you to respond (which I kind of doubt...) or to send a report about the person impersonating a GM.

#3 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:36 PM

The reason I did not think it was a scam is that the GM message showed up in the top middle of my screen in YELLOW FONT as if it was an announcement in addition to appearing in a separate pop up text message box.

I was quite surprised to see that message so I asked that GM if AFK homunculus leveling was allowed or not. The reply was "as long as you are monitoring your homunculus" which wasn't exactly a helpful response and seemed to imply that AFK leveling is prohibited.

Should have taken a screenshot of it. Only thought about doing it after the fact.

Edited by yauhoilun, 21 July 2015 - 09:46 PM.

#4 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

i feel like a gm would only check you if you were in the middle of killing stuff. if you're standing still it's pretty obvious you're afk and there's no rule against that.

#5 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:13 AM

remember, GM will not notify you before banning you, so that "GM" is obv fake...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users