• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Affinitylost

Affinitylost

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

When I started building this character I decided to work towards the balanced hybrid revision 9 from (http://www.valkplaye...om/?page_id=296). As I am a relatively new player it took a while to come to the realization that attaining all of the gear to make that build work effectively would be very difficult. I gravitated towards that build because the two skills that I wanted to focus on we're dragon breath and ignition break. I do have the free respec available and would like some input on whether I should continue this build or respec into pure DB until I get to the point that I attain the gear to make that spec more viable. I will mostly be focusing my efforts towards dungeons, TI while leveling, and MVPs. I would be grateful if those of you with more experience with the class could offer me some insight so that I can figure out the best way to proceed. Thanks in advance.

#2 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:57 AM

IB/DB Buid is the most versatile build of Rune Knights and may be expensive to get good or appropiate gears for this build. i dont know what level you are or which skill you have first (Ignition Break or Dragon Breath) both are enjoyable and funny to play. at higher level (135-150) you would have maxed IB and DB for the next step that is bio4/Eclage/Mora and others places for level from 150 to 175 some of these places are soloable easy by RKs if they have decent gears (not meaning yet brynhild, +12 crazy gears etc).

i will show you some gears for PVM by Ignition Break (meaning that you will level and not WOE or PVP)

• +9 Black Ribbon (Increases 50% Sonic Wave Damage and 30% ignition Break <- the point of +9 B.Ribbon)

• Black Devil Mask Slotted or Unslotted

optional: Marduk card on any Mid Headgear slotted for silence immunity because at the firsts levels all stats are focused on STR/Dex or LUK and posible high vit if want be more tanky.

• Pirate Dagger/Gangster Scraf (+5Atk) (In case of have low dex you can use the pencil that gives +2Dex and Hit+3.

• Peuz Plate (gives atk and can be enchanted with luk/agi or def) or  you can use the full Peuz Set if you dont have enough zeny for the gears i will mention:

Weapons:

• Violet Fear [2] with Fighting Spirit Enchants for more Atk. Cards: Zipper Bear/Hillsion (both gives atk)/Aunoe (For +20% Crit damage)/ Abysmal Knight Card (For +20% on MVPs) 
  • Tae Goo Lyeon [2]  for less SP consumition with skills and -20% skill delay. also can be enchanted with Fighting Spirit enchants, also you can use any of the cards mentioned ^
  • Veteran Sword [1] this weapon is most used for Bowling Bash Damage which is good for firsts levels) and can be enchanted with FS enchants 
  • In case of have low funds for Supplies (pots) a good weapon for HP/SP leech is Thanatos Great Sword with Hunterfly Card for more HP Leech rate

Garments:

• +9 Heroic Backpack with Raydric/Noxious/Wakwak (gives +5 atk for each 10 base STR) or Flamel Card (personally i think this one is the best for garment for those who have low funds and uses slims)
  • +9 Fallen Angel Wings with Fighting Spirit Enchants and any of the cards mentioned ^
  • in case of have low funds and cant have one of these you can use Niddogur Shadow Garb for some MaxSP and some resistance to elements

Boots:

Enchanced Variants

Temporal STR Boots with FS/Bear Power or Lucky Day

Accesory:

Peuz Seal (+20 MaxSP and +20 Atk) can be enchanted.

------------------------

i will edit this later.

#3 Affinitylost

Affinitylost

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

Thank you for the reply. I understand the build that I am working towards is very versatile, but my main concern is if it is worth it to continue working towards it at the current moment with very little equipment or zeny to acquire what would be necessary to make it effective. I am almost to the point of switching over to RK from LK, and am attempting to reach out and figure out which path would be most effective at leveling and gathering zeny/gear so that the hybrid IB/DB build that I desire to end with can be approached as quickly as possible. Is it worth it to continue this path now, or would leveling/acquiring gear be easier going pure DB until I hit max and get the gear I will need?

#4 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:18 AM

i recommend you start as IB RK until you reach the level 135+ because you need alot of MaxHP gears and ranged gears for do good damage which means that requires large amounts of supplies and gear and at the firsts levels you dont have enough stats points for that build. this week the mob in Mid TI are succubus and Incubus an IB RK can solo or support with damage the party doing bowling bash/Sonic Wave or IB.

#5 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:22 AM

btw, considered getting water DB + IB instead of Fire DB+ IB. IB will deal extra damage if endow with fire, so it basically a weaker(or stronger?) version of fireDb.

For your question, i personally feel that it will quite .... hard for you to get your gear. Rk is pretty gear dependent. No one can really say; Take "this" and you will be alright. For gx, "this" refer to leeching headgear and good katar. For Ranger, "this" refer to White Wing Suit sets and Elven Bow. Those two are the popular starting class for new player. As for Rk, no one really determine what is "this", a set of gear that make you be able to start up as a RK.

i hope other active rk will be able to help you :|

#6 Affinitylost

Affinitylost

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

It sounds like the path to the build I linked that I am already on will work as long as I work on maxing IB as quickly as possible once I transition to RK. It also appears that transitioning to pure DB at my level would be a terrible idea as I wouldn't have the sp to sustain it, nor the hp and sp to have any significant amount of damage with it. Thank you for the insight that you all have provided.

I will keep working on the build that I have now, and working towards attaining better gear so that I can put out better damage with IB once I get it.

#7 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:22 AM

IB isn't particularly gear dependent so it definitely recommended to go with that. get some simple +atk gear and an immune hbp and you're pretty much set. once you hit 135+ if you want to be efficient you can reset to a full db build, sell your IB stuff and buy db gears (with the money you'll hopefully have made by then). you don't need too much fancy stuff for db either, some leech headgear, a glorious suit and temp dex boots with 120 dex will go a long way. assuming you're playing in parties you won't have the highest dps but it will be enough.

#8 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:47 PM

im full agi crit build and it seems im pushing my dragon breath before IB, then again i have a +9 violet fear with sharps and aunoe cards right now. peuz's set is great for leveling in mid ti, i think when i reach around level 125 i will move into more +9 black ribbon + immune HBP etc. either build you go with RK is very fun to play, and if you do have peuz can swap out the heroic backpack once in awhile depending where your going or what your needing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users