COU Discussion (Devs clarification needed) - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

COU Discussion (Devs clarification needed)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:04 AM

I'm just curious about the Ulverick stuns. I know its not caused by skilling (which other people think it is and get's me freaking annoyed by it) but still there's something that keeps it spamming 2-5 stuns consistently.

Can someone clarify why this happens? 

#2 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:15 AM

The thing that the king does a 2-3 stun after each other is a bug. (The fix are in progress). The stun should have a 30 sec cooldown.

Why the king stun is becuse when certain conditions are met. The DEV's wont let us know anymore. 

#3 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:19 AM

The thing that the king does a 2-3 stun after each other is a bug. (The fix are in progress). The stun should have a 30 sec cooldown.

Why the king stun is becuse when certain conditions are met. The DEV's wont let us know anymore. 

i would like to hear this from the devs themselves to confirm that there is a condition that needs to be met to stun. Don't have to tell what it is if it is that confidential.

Plus i do hope they fix that during the next few patches, those stun spams are harsh on new players as well as some current players.

Either way thx for the clarification. Still i'd like confirmation from devs.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:34 AM

Something that is helpful is having a Ranged character with a reliable stun. Artisan Sleep + Scouts Stun Arrow/PVM Impact arrows are great for this. If you see ulverick stun, pop your stun to prevent him from spamming or killing your team. 

#5 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:51 AM

Something that is helpful is having a Ranged character with a reliable stun. Artisan Sleep + Scouts Stun Arrow/PVM Impact arrows are great for this. If you see ulverick stun, pop your stun to prevent him from spamming or killing your team. 

Thx for the tip, i'll try it when i am able to and have a scout maxed out enough to do dungeon with :v

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:33 AM

I talked with Leo about this. It seems the AI for Ulverick does not work like they think it ought to. It has to do with the original coding. His stuns are not random, but they are triggered when certain conditions are met. Unfortunately I don't know what the conditions are. Skills may be part of it, but they certainly aren't all of it, because I just recently ran a CoU, and was not stunned at all, even though we were using skills.

Edited by pdfisher, 24 July 2015 - 06:33 AM.

#7 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:56 PM

I talked with Leo about this. It seems the AI for Ulverick does not work like they think it ought to. It has to do with the original coding. His stuns are not random, but they are triggered when certain conditions are met. Unfortunately I don't know what the conditions are. Skills may be part of it, but they certainly aren't all of it, because I just recently ran a CoU, and was not stunned at all, even though we were using skills.

i'm actually aware that certain dungeons, certain kings behave differently. I've noticed it upon doing so many caves. All the mobs act differently and all of them have different things affecting them. For example, if the 1st or 2nd boss is a stunner, ulverick would likely not stun as much, and vice versa.

Still though, i would like clarification on this topic just so i can confirm there are things affecting mobs in dungeons which isn't always the same. At least a "yes this is true" or "no this is not how the system works"

Still awaiting for devs confirmation. 

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 25 July 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#8 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

I always notice this whenever I run CoU.

Ulverick will cast stun when you see the notication above him "You will fear us" that is when I cast my stun to counter him after that he won't quickly cast his next stun. LOL well anyway just like Feuer suggested you need a reliable stun otherwise you must need a tough cleric to survive Ulverick's Stun.

#9 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:59 PM

I always notice this whenever I run CoU.

Ulverick will cast stun when you see the notication above him "You will fear us" that is when I cast my stun to counter him after that he won't quickly cast his next stun. LOL well anyway just like Feuer suggested you need a reliable stun otherwise you must need a tough cleric to survive Ulverick's Stun.

oh that's a reliable information, i'll try it out next time i do COU. Thx

#10 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

The last changes should have dramatically reduced the rate of Ulverick's rate of stunning. But what was said here is generally true as it was brought up by pdfisher a bit ago and I took another review over how it was actually performing, versus what was intended. Turns out some of the code we thought behaved one way, was very different and completely altered its triggering mechanic, so I changed it once again to meet that new understanding of how it triggers.

#11 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

Leo, we were stunned 5 times in a row just the other day. When did you change the AI?

#12 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:58 PM

The change to the AI was done on the 22nd, so recent server restarts should have made it active since then.

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

Just making sure the restarts didn't exclude it, does it need to be patched in manually with a full patch + maint like the AA xtals/CD xtals? [I don't have this problem with Ulverick as we properly time our stuns/PVE Stuns + Mutes....] 

#14 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

Leo, it didn't actually helped much, i ran a dungeon yesterday and i still got stun consistently (2 times but yeah) So i'm pretty sure that's not intended in the Ulverick AI

I'll confirm this when i get home to play tonight (cuz might have happened just that i'm not updated)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users