Best job lv. for a FS AB to go to mid TI? - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best job lv. for a FS AB to go to mid TI?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Timishayd

Timishayd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

As the title says, I'm having trouble deciding which job lv. would be the best for my AB FS to start mid TI. Currently I'm job lv. 12, but I still think I'm a bit green to support parties at the next TI tier (I don't even have praefatio yet).

Your input is greatly appreciated :3

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:04 PM

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

1 really is all you need if you know what you're doing. Some people go as far as never using Coluseo Heal to save SP and just heal people one at a time already (I am not one of these people!). Bless/AGI on the whole party doesn't take that long, and to be honest not everyone even needs bless. Magni is actually one of the most important skills and you have that already!

Most important to me: Praef, Canto, Coluseo. You don't NEED any of the other skills for mid TI, or even these ones, but Praef, Canto and Coluseo are amazing.

Some people will say Praef is for noobs and insist on using Assump on everyone, but that's just crazy IMO. Praef saves you tons of time, keeps people moving quickly since they won't flinch, and you'll see a huge difference in how much healing you really need to do just from using Praef. There are also strategies like casting Assump on the person / people who actually benefit from it right after casting Preaf.

Canto, way too important for keeping people moving quickly. Precious BM time! Alternatively, tell the Ranger to use Wind Walker. Note that AGI is faster than Wind Walker slightly.

Coluseo, also sometimes viewed as a "noob" skill but I love it. Saves you tons of time, and since I use Arc Angeling I can afford the SP cost.

Clementia is overrated for TI usage.

#4 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:20 PM

I coluseo to self heal even since it heals like 20% more than a normal heal anyway, refreshes hp bars of other party members not displaying, and gets at people behind line olf sight barriers lol. I think its even more "noob" to *never* use culuseo heal.

#5 Timishayd

Timishayd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:26 PM

Thanks for the help kasshin. It would have been great if Jaye elaborated their point too but oh well, seems like they at least agree on coloseo heal.

Honestly speaking this is the first AB I have ever created in all my RO life, so when I saw other people's AB staying at low TI I thought there was something like an "adequate" job lv. to go to mid. Though probably they just stay there because it's easier to earn eden badges xD

I guess now that I'm a bit used at supporting people I can move on to mid TI.

#6 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

Fine, I'll elaborate.

You can go to mid ti the moment you hit 101.

Nobody is going to laugh at you or blacklist you from a party because you don't have aoe buffs the moment you hit mid ti. In fact, most people in mid ti are still fumbling through the game themselves.

You'll gain job exp from share party exp right away. You'll probably even be job 4 or higher before handing in, and certainly 6 or so by them with any sort of luck. By the time you finish your first mid party, you'll already have one of the "expected" bishop skills if not 2.

The main reason people want bishops is the healing. Not because they need the heal, but b ecause they can't or won't afford potions.

In fact since most bishops are fumbling their way through ro still, the average party outright assumes you can't handle things alone and universally wants 2+ bishops before they embark. So even if you don't have praefation, the other one might.

Edited by Jaye, 24 July 2015 - 12:34 PM.

#7 behemothjr

behemothjr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationottawa canada

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

I hope you didn't lose exp and they were 100% demon and undead pink.

Non demon/undead + red thats the only time id put a Maybe or situational view on it you could lose lots of xp :(

Do you have a penalty for the monsters they pick.  Ie no gear for that type or They both 22 lvls above you and their exp meh and drops suck.

Pink definitely yes.   I say Red = non undead = non demon = maybe.

Is most important information they left out of a good answer.

Can you tank well enough to not die if the main killer disconnects it happens lots i say u should survive 3 min on your own if possible.  as you test you get the feel for it.  but i have char in share range if you do.  we pty i might afk u can too u go in corner i go 1 space to left or right and one toward where monsters spawn.  We can do geffen boards i like eden badges on top.  I petitts and ill get u 150  and go onto next monster until your at least back to where you started. 

Edited by behemothjr, 24 July 2015 - 03:46 PM.

#8 Timishayd

Timishayd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

That explains it better, thanks Jaye. And is not that I'm afraid of people laughing/blacklisting me (it's just a game :S ). I just wanted to be prepared, that's all.

And behemothjr, not sure if my English skills are lacking, but I don't understand a single thing you say :p_swt:

#9 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:00 AM

And behemothjr, not sure if my English skills are lacking, but I don't understand a single thing you say :p_swt:

Someone's english skills are lacking, surely, but not yours at all. lol

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

I hope you didn't lose exp and they were 100% demon and undead pink.

Non demon/undead + red thats the only time id put a Maybe or situational view on it you could lose lots of xp :(

Do you have a penalty for the monsters they pick. Ie no gear for that type or They both 22 lvls above you and their exp meh and drops suck.
Pink definitely yes. I say Red = non undead = non demon = maybe.

Can you tank well enough to not die if the main killer disconnects it happens lots i say u should survive 3 min on your own if possible. as you test you get the feel for it. but i have char in share range if you do. we pty i might afk u can too u go in corner i go 1 space to left or right and one toward where monsters spawn. We can do geffen boards i like eden badges on top. I petitts and ill get u 150 and go onto next monster until your at least back to where you started.

???

#11 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:45 AM

1 really is all you need if you know what you're doing. Some people go as far as never using Coluseo Heal to save SP and just heal people one at a time already (I am not one of these people!). Bless/AGI on the whole party doesn't take that long, and to be honest not everyone even needs bless. Magni is actually one of the most important skills and you have that already!

Most important to me: Praef, Canto, Coluseo. You don't NEED any of the other skills for mid TI, or even these ones, but Praef, Canto and Coluseo are amazing.

Some people will say Praef is for noobs and insist on using Assump on everyone, but that's just crazy IMO. Praef saves you tons of time, keeps people moving quickly since they won't flinch, and you'll see a huge difference in how much healing you really need to do just from using Praef. There are also strategies like casting Assump on the person / people who actually benefit from it right after casting Preaf.

Canto, way too important for keeping people moving quickly. Precious BM time! Alternatively, tell the Ranger to use Wind Walker. Note that AGI is faster than Wind Walker slightly.

Coluseo, also sometimes viewed as a "noob" skill but I love it. Saves you tons of time, and since I use Arc Angeling I can afford the SP cost.

Clementia is overrated for TI usage.

:bang: blows my mind

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

I have opinions on praefatio vs. Assumptio. Its generally the case the people you're partying in mid ti aren't "pros".

I don't know the sweet spot, but with enough def and vit, assumptio can drastically cut the damage you take (for example, dropping 200s down to 70s) which makes tanking a lot of enemies really easy, while kyrie wil burn out in a second. So o n a pro tank with high def+vit, assumptio is better.

Enter the problem: the majority of people you party in low ti are low def, probably not wearing a racial shield or any neutral resist and may not even use phen card or similar. These same people draw aggro even thbough they can't handle it, and don't pot. This is where praefatio is a life saver. Its like putting bubble wrap around your toddler. They'll walk into danger, but you'll probably have a few extra bruises you won't need to worry about, and lord knows they'll accrue a lot of them in a sbort period due to wanton disregard for their own safety.

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

I prefer KE over assumptio in spots like if your tank is a champ/sura in MS; that eliminates them being hitlocked.

#14 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

if i see a sura snapping around or rk pulling mobs i'll use assumptio on them. everyone else gets praefatio/ke (except me)

#15 behemothjr

behemothjr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationottawa canada

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:53 AM

Cause that makes no sense pls

#16 behemothjr

behemothjr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationottawa canada

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:56 AM

:P

How does that not make sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users