[Community Event] Weekend Scavenger Hunt: Meet the Neighbors! 7/25-7/26 - Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Community Event] Weekend Scavenger Hunt: Meet the Neighbors! 7/25-7/26

13 replies to this topic

#1 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin & Freyja

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

bVBEY9H.jpg

Weekend Scavenger Hunt: Meet the Neighbors!

July 25 and 26

Clues will post promptly at 2:00 PM PST each day!*

(*Unless the forums are being naughty.)

Clues

Sets of clues will be posted on Saturday, July 25 and Sunday, July 26 at 2:00 PM PST. Please use a Time Converter to find your local time, using USA- San Diego as the time you're converting.

All clues this week will be about friendly NPCs around the world. Famous? Infamous? Just plain random? We'll see!

Prizes

Every correct answer will reward 1 Monster DNA Box. You do not need to answer them all correctly to win! Answer all clues correctly and win an additional special Superior DNA Box. You must attempt to answer all clues and provide a screenshot of each NPC (preferably with their dialogue box open) to be eligible to win. 

Entries

DO NOT post entries or answers to the forum. Feel free to leave feedback or comments, but don't share the answers publicly. To enter, send a private message to me with your answers. To message me, click my name and look for the "send mail" button. I will not reply with the correct answers until the event has closed. Entries for Saturday will not be accepted once Sunday's questions are posted, and answers for Sunday will only be accepted until 2PM PST on Monday. 

In the mail, please include the clue number and the name of the item and follow this format:

Subject: Scavenger Hunt

Character Name: 
Server:
Clue 1:
Clue 2:
Clue 3:
Clue 4:
Clue 5:

For Example:

Character Name: Poke
Server: Odin
Clue 1: Njoror NPC : http://i.imgur.com/krQ1j4T.jpg
Clue 2: ...

You may direct link images or insert them into the message as photo attachments, whatever is easiest for you. Please use a public image hosting site (such as imgur) to link your screenshots, image urls from Facebook don't typically work due to privacy settings. 

Saturday Clues:

Clue 1: A hero in shining armor, I saved our young from the experiments of twelve elders. Answer: Zeras Hyperion

Clue 2: I’m the opposite of nice, and my hobby is quite strange. The coastal breeze in my town does most of my work, but I give it a helping hand. Be careful around me, or you might become Attempt 388! Answer: Naughty Daniel

Clue 3: I come from a land you’ve never seen, where cherry blossoms are always in bloom. I’m the leader of our settlement here, but it’s hard to watch for home when home is so far away. Answer: Garea Rindel

Clue 4: If you manage to find me, I’ll kick you right out. Don’t ask me why I’ve been drinking, and please stop eyeing my dress. It’s so hot out here and I’m nursing a broken heart. Answer: Rene Francois

Clue 5: My family name comes from an ancient spear, and my ancestors brought about a New Era. Camil’s chosen one, I sit in the seat of someone who went missing. Answer: King Reinhard

Sunday Clues:

Clue 1:  I stand here all day, watching travelers come and go. I heard that hanging out by bars was a great way to meet men, but my prince charming must not like to drink… or maybe he just doesn’t like peppers? Answer: Pepperchini

Clue 2: I’ve amassed great wealth in this rich, ancient town, but the noblest of all precious things still eludes me. I just want silence. Answer: Baltazar Hatsan

Clue 3:  Wear a bad mask? You’ll have a bad time! Blah blah! We’ll swarm you, and nibble you to death to protect our land. Blah! Answer: Native Lunatic

Clue 4: You can find me in many places, but my story began very near where yours did. I was lost while finding a tree, but was rescued by someone born to kill. Answer: Saintess Aione

Clue 5: One of seven, hiding in plain sight. A noble form hides my vile heart and despicable plans.  Answer: Lissur Anailuj

Edited by VmodPoke, 28 July 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#2 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

The forum problem ate my scheduled post, along with my clues. Be patient while I try to rewrite them from memory. The first set should be up shortly!

#3 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:36 AM

I won't post the answers to the clues until Monday. Go ahead and turn in both sets of clues (please use a different message for each day) up to 2pm PST on Monday. The forums are being wacky and I want everyone to get a chance to participate. 

#4 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

Yes! More participants please :D Scavenger hunt is so fun!

#5 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:02 AM

i have a question... the NPCs you mean A main NPC who gives quest? or including those just posing there? or even mobs?

#6 Nihonbashi

Nihonbashi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Server:Thor's dad

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:49 AM

@_@ hard clues

#7 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:22 AM

i have a question... the NPCs you mean A main NPC who gives quest? or including those just posing there? or even mobs?

NPCs meaning friendly NPCs that you can talk with. Some are quest givers, some are just standing around. Most of the clues have something to do with who they are/what their dialogue is, so as long as you can talk to them and get a dialogue box, you're on the right track. 

#8 Amilus

Amilus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:30 AM

i see, thanks for reply... so blah! blah! is a good clue XD

#9 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:32 AM

@_@ hard clues

xD  I think NPCs are harder than monster drops. I tried to pick "memorable" NPCs for this one. I hope they were't too challenging!

i see, thanks for reply... so blah! blah! is a good clue XD

I hope it is! Happy hunting :)

#10 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:14 PM

Submissions for the Weekend Scavenger Hunt are now closed! Thanks to everyone who participated. See you next weekend!

#11 Draobyek

Draobyek

Amateur Blogger

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 386 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:18 AM

So.. what were the answers? o.o

#12 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

So.. what were the answers? o.o

Answers to the clues are now included in the original post. Great job everyone! See you next weekend!

Edited by VmodPoke, 28 July 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#13 ReikoReiko

ReikoReiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Odin -> Channel 7

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:29 PM

errr.... I forgot the date.... hahahahahaha.... only would have gotten 3 anyway @_@....

*note to remember dates for future event* </3

#14 Idun

Idun

Hail Njoror

• Retired
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:44 AM

errr.... I forgot the date.... hahahahahaha.... only would have gotten 3 anyway @_@....

*note to remember dates for future event* </3

I'll try to do a new hunt every weekend!

Prizes for this Scavenger Hunt should be distributed on Friday.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users