Will we ever have a normal Item Mall? - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Will we ever have a normal Item Mall?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

Hopefully someone who works on the forums can give me a real answer. I wanted to know if we will ever be able to directly purchase clothing items in the game instead of trading in 5 old pieces for 1 new piece or gambling for clothing that may not even be our gender.
If you say you don't know, or say maybe on some unspecific future date, I'll never spend any money on this game. If I can at least get a specific month when clothing will be directly available, I'll gladly spend my $10 to get new clothes and maybe a skill reset.
$10 doesn't see like a lot, but I would figure you would want to make it easier for players to spend money on this game.

#2 Pierce

Pierce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 12:46 PM

Hopefully someone who works on the forums can give me a real answer. I wanted to know if we will ever be able to directly purchase clothing items in the game instead of trading in 5 old pieces for 1 new piece or gambling for clothing that may not even be our gender.
If you say you don't know, or say maybe on some unspecific future date, I'll never spend any money on this game. If I can at least get a specific month when clothing will be directly available, I'll gladly spend my $10 to get new clothes and maybe a skill reset.
$10 doesn't see like a lot, but I would figure you would want to make it easier for players to spend money on this game.

As far as I know never. I believe in other versions the Paris Strikes Back patch completely removed the option to buy regular cash costumes. Who knows though gravity might take things into their own hands and allow the option.

#3 FunkyPants

FunkyPants

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

From what I've seen, and I say this as a gPotato player, the only clothes available to buy on IM after the Paris patch have been event clothes, that if popular enough will be transfered to the Big Wheel. I'm assuming it's associated with the Patch, and if it is then the only time regular clothes will be available to purchase in the IM will be during events and probably have a duration. But hopefully this won't happen. At least lets hope not. =/

#4 Misuu

Misuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:18 PM

Well In gpotato they allow you to buy cash clothes without gambling but they will not have set effects/options. Just like the old version of the cash shop but with less packs to choose from.

From what I've seen, and I say this as a gPotato player, the only clothes available to buy on IM after the Paris patch have been event clothes, that if popular enough will be transfered to the Big Wheel. I'm assuming it's associated with the Patch, and if it is then the only time regular clothes will be available to purchase in the IM will be during events and probably have a duration. But hopefully this won't happen. At least lets hope not. =/

oh mang funky u win.

Edited by Misuu, 24 November 2010 - 02:20 PM.

#5 Hastur

Hastur

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1553 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:08 PM

When Big wheel comes you will be able to gain clothes in that fashion. If maybe certain costumes will be available directly from the item mall not likely and if they are they will be seasonally. So check around holiday season, Xmas/Valentines day but this is not for sure.

#6 Sheela

Sheela

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:59 AM

Well. That sucks. Looks like I won't be spending money on here like I did in the old version. Hate gambling.

#7 jayeto

jayeto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:20 AM

When Big wheel comes you will be able to gain clothes in that fashion. If maybe certain costumes will be available directly from the item mall not likely and if they are they will be seasonally. So check around holiday season, Xmas/Valentines day but this is not for sure.

dude i know your admin and all but the big wheel is the most dumbest thing for a cash shop >.> i mean lets look at like this:

1. your gambling real money for a "chance" to get what you want.
2. theres also a good chance you wont even get to be able to wear that piece you won due to gender.
3. in order to get the supposed clothes that match the fire/water set (LMAO yea right XD) you have to spend 5 pieces for costumes

these 3 facts alone are enough to make people NOT wanna spend money in the cash shop. simply solution..... REMOVE IT!!!! gambling for clothes in any f2p is a straight signing on the I WANT THIS TO FAIL line. and if your company still wants to keep the wheel (that must be some good cheeba then to still think this idea is logical >.< ) then put sets in (NOT JUST SEASONAL) the avatar section and make them A LITTLE higher than the wheel. will it kill the wheel option? maybe... but will you get more money since people are more likely to drop cash on a full set for a a little bit more money.... HECK YEA!!! but to be honest i know this idea wont really happen since almost EVERY f2p DOES NOT listen to the player base because heck were the customers are opinion and ideas dont matter its cool. ill just sit back and watch this game shoot itself in the foot (its actually starting to become quite comical really)

#8 FunkyPants

FunkyPants

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:42 AM

Imo, it's useless to ask the Admins here to remove the big wheel. No matter how much you hate it, there are always people that are going to use it.
Also consider this: Gravity publishes the game, Barunson develops it. I'm sure most of you have read about the randomizers being removed because Barunson didn't agree with the price. Now, who do you think is in charge here? -_-
If the big wheel were to be removed over players not liking it, it would've been already because IAH and gPotato got it first, and of course players there complained about it as well. Did it get removed? No. The Big Wheel is here to stay until Barunson says otherwise. -_-

And even if people don't want to spend money on the Big Wheel, they can always buy other things off the IM and make some gold out of it to get the clothes you want. At least that's how everyone else deals with it. ^^
Plus, there's always the Trade system. :(

Edited by FunkyPants, 25 November 2010 - 03:46 AM.

#9 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:04 AM

Or, we can all write Barunson until they decide to make this game the way we want it.
Everyone that doesn't agree with the big wheel and the mix board should write Barunson an email every week or every day. Just keep bombarding them until they change it. And if Gravity/Warp Portal wants to make more money off of this game then they should do the same. It seems only logical. More people will spend more money for a sure thing.

Besides... gambling is bad for you.

#10 FunkyPants

FunkyPants

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:01 AM

Or, we can all write Barunson until they decide to make this game the way we want it.
Everyone that doesn't agree with the big wheel and the mix board should write Barunson an email every week or every day. Just keep bombarding them until they change it. And if Gravity/Warp Portal wants to make more money off of this game then they should do the same. It seems only logical. More people will spend more money for a sure thing.

Besides... gambling is bad for you.

Exactly, this seems like a way better solution.
As long as people have the sense to write well thought emails stating why they are against those features and maybe with some suggestions to replace them.
The last thing we need is people sending Barunson emails like "big wheel sucks!!11! Deleted eet! kthanks" -_-

#11 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:32 AM

Protip: All game developers and hosts are fond of bureaucratic ways.

As in - they don't really care what the lowest of the lows(the players) have to say. They just want to make sure the higher ups get money, and that's it. The game can be totally terrible, but if it makes them more money, they won't mess with it. The only way to slap them into shape is have an effective boycott where people don't use the cash shop - period. But even if someone did start that up(and lotsa people followed through), the richer players (who have it easier than the poorer ones) won't care, and they ruin things, and the plan falls through - nothing changes. Oh well.

#12 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:45 AM

Protip: All game developers and hosts are fond of bureaucratic ways.

As in - they don't really care what the lowest of the lows(the players) have to say. They just want to make sure the higher ups get money, and that's it. The game can be totally terrible, but if it makes them more money, they won't mess with it. The only way to slap them into shape is have an effective boycott where people don't use the cash shop - period. But even if someone did start that up(and lotsa people followed through), the richer players (who have it easier than the poorer ones) won't care, and they ruin things, and the plan falls through - nothing changes. Oh well.

The word economy is a capitalistic one. The key principle of this type of economic structure is supply and demand. If Baronsun, or any company for that matter, wants to make money then they will listen. If they chose not to listen to what could be thousands of e-mails then they will no longer make money. We, the consumer, demand and they supply. Then we will give them money. That is the way the world works. The catch? We all HAVE TO say something. Keeping silent will not make things happen. If you want something done right then go and complain so loudly that they have to listen. Then things will change. I can give countless examples of this.

I, myself, have already sent off three emails about this very topic to Barunson. Why? Because I have a problem with the way this game is developed and I want to see a change. Maybe they will ignore my first dozen, or even hundred e-mails, but if a hundred people send a hundred e-mails then they will start to get the hint.

#13 jayeto

jayeto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:07 PM

I'm sure most of you have read about the randomizers being removed because Barunson didn't agree with the price. Now, who do you think is in charge here?

lets be serious here they removed those 2 items to fatten there wallets. why do i say that? because 2 very cheap items where selling very fast and just like any auction house/marketplace when something is selling your jack up the price. this whole "we wanna see how these items do not being there" is just plan BS >.>. my guess is those 2 items will come back at prolly 100-200 im for Randomizer and 50-100 for the soul craft thing (the name escapes me atm im sorry).

#14 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:33 PM

I appreciate that people actually agree with me for once. To me it seems that we will never be able to buy specific clothing items directly.
The problem with changing this problem is that people who only want clothes for style purposes cannot do anything. People into IM for style really don't drop the kind of cash that makes a difference in the game. I believe the developers/publishers switched to this wheel because it yields more cash then a traditional Cash Shop. If more money comes in, or if there is a consistent flow of cash, then the developers/publishers, whoever controls this function, have no reason to change the format.
There are people that dump insane amounts of money into this game; their spending behavior dictates the format of the Item Mall/Cash Shop. If the format does not deter their spending, it remains the same.
Gambling for clothing wouldn't be terrible, but if you cannot even guarantee that I will get a piece of clothing that corresponds to my gender, how can you expect me to participate?
The market is not a reliable means of getting clothing if you do not want stat enhancing clothing.
I only want to switch to a new outfit, I don't want stat enhancements, I just want to be able to customize my avatar, isn't that a staple of every MMO? I don't want reindeer and witch outfits, I want a pair of jeans, a nice blouse, or maybe some hoodies and an interesting skirt/fishnet combination.
Why do you make the basic functions of MMO so unreliable?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users