#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:15 AM

First got into the franchise via the original Dragon Ball anime, which had a short run in the states when I was a kid and ignited my interest in martial arts. Then Dragon Ball Z exploded and I followed that all the way up to the end. I tried Dragon Ball GT, but didn't really like the whole premise of Goku becoming a kid again and all that other junk. (Not to mention it ruined Trunks for me since he's my main fav Dragon Ball character.)

That said, I'm rather interested in this new Dragon Ball Super coming out, which seems to negate DBGT in terms of continuity.

I personally prefer Dragon Ball in terms of characterizations because the series didn't make Goku such an OP character. Every other fighter character like Krillin and Yamcha (who inspired my interest in Thief classes in MMORPGs) were able to hold their own in battle and not so reliant on Goku (and Vegeta) as they were in DBZ. I'm hoping Toriyama would reference the original Dragon Ball's characterizations for Dragon Ball Super 'cause I feel it's time for Goku to leave the limelight and let other characters shine for a bit. (Please no more Goku and Vegeta clones...)

#2 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 02 August 2015 - 01:52 PM

Well considering they are turning Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F into arcs within Super, Goku and Vegeta are looking to be at center stage for at least most of it.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:33 PM

Le sigh. Oh well, hopefully there's new characters to look forward to at least.

#4 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

Well Japan is only 4 episodes in, but hopefully so :p_hi:

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

Finally got around to checking out DBS, going from episode 1 to 15 today. Fight scenes are an improvement from DBZ (aside from Episode 5, what the heck happened there??) and it was fun seeing the entire main cast from DB to DBZ there (even if they were just cameos). Pilaf and company were annoying as usual, but found them slightly tolerable. It was also pretty neat to see continuations of stuff from DBZ (Vegeta being a dad, d'aww).

Beerus is an interesting villain. Well, I'm not sure if he can be classified as such since it's his job to remove pointless planets from the universe (even if he was being a jerk about it). I dunno, I don't find him very likable, but I don't find him unappealing either. He is a rather interesting character for the Dragon Ball story.

I see they're still doing the whole fight-last-for-several-episode deal they started with DBZ, but for some reason the pacing of the drawn-out fights isn't that bad. Not quite used to seeing such a classic anime get a modernized look, but I suppose it's an acquired taste.

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:39 PM

Heh, even Akira Toriyama is miffed at the quality.

http://en.rocketnews...ssues-【photos】/

At least he knows what his fans want.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

Whee!

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:22 PM

Welp, since Dragon Ball Online was a bust, maybe this might fill the void.

Dragon Ball Unreal

Definitely needs more work in the graphics department, but the ki collision engine is pretty neat.

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 02:43 PM

There’s more teamwork in this vid than there was in all three series lol

If it's going to be an RPG about Goku, it should be Dragon Ball -> Dragon Ball Z -> Dragon Ball Super instead of just focusing on DBZ.

#10 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:19 PM

I'm curious about this one. I haven't played a Dragon Ball game since some xbox motion garbo from 10 years ago.

My first run in with the show was probably in 96 or 97. I saw the battle at the start of goku/piccolo vs raditz. I didnt get legit into it though till 99 when more of my friends were on board.

I didnt watch much of super except the movies, the first few episodes and the ending. That was wild xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users