Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:11 PM

Yeah yeah, I know there is another topic just like this, but I do feel frustration from this.

Please make all NON-MVP cards tradable again. What's the point in having some tradable and some untradable?

Trying to sell off things like Deviling and Ghostring cards... well it is an awful experience.

I know there is the idea of stopping duping, but then why are Elvira, Arc Angeling and Angeling Cards excluded?

Just remove it from mini-boss cards please :)

Edited by Nirvanna21, 02 August 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:38 AM

The cards that are most vulnerable to duping are bound, based on their popularity and history discerned from past dupes that the GMs have found. Those cards, in addition to the usual MVP suspects, happen to include strong and widely known minis like DR and GR. Nobody dupes the Angelings or stuff like that because they're not worth the effort for how much they go for and how quickly they clear the market.

#3 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:52 AM

The cards that are most vulnerable to duping are bound, based on their popularity and history discerned from past dupes that the GMs have found. Those cards, in addition to the usual MVP suspects, happen to include strong and widely known minis like DR and GR. Nobody dupes the Angelings or stuff like that because they're not worth the effort for how much they go for and how quickly they clear the market.

Fair enough, but they should at least provide a desocket NPC or a desocketing service that doesn't require a HDB and 72 hours of wait time... hell even removing the HDB would be good.

#4 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:52 AM

since desocketing books don't even exist on thor, you guys should just make this a VAS; charge 350 wpe or so for it since ragial avg for books on chaos is 50 mil.

Myzery has also suggested this in the past. go forth and propose, WP community!

Edited by Necrohealiac, 03 August 2015 - 04:52 AM.

#5 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:45 AM

We can talk about the benefits of it too.

A lot of players don't even realize you can decard something.

Newer players may be turned off by the inflation of heroic desocketing books since they are still consumed by the GMs doing the service.

This would potentially lessen the wait time on tickets since people spam decard items.

As mentioned before, heroic desocketing books are becoming more and more scarce.

This would also potentially open the door for it to be available on Classic as well.

I know some people would be highly against this being on Classic.

Hopefully the decarded cards would also be verified by the GM doing the job and rejected if the card is a dupe.

You also wouldn't have to go through the annoying back and forth of the GMs grilling you about where you got the card.

Pretty frustrating when you're given the 3rd degree on a card you got from an OCA a year ago.

Honestly, it would be a win/win for the community and for Gravity.

Edit: Feel free to post other benefits and cons as well.

These are just my opinions.

Edited by Myzery, 03 August 2015 - 05:46 AM.

#6 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:54 AM

We can talk about the benefits of it too.

A lot of players don't even realize you can decard something.

Newer players may be turned off by the inflation of heroic desocketing books since they are still consumed by the GMs doing the service.

This would potentially lessen the wait time on tickets since people spam decard items.

As mentioned before, heroic desocketing books are becoming more and more scarce.

This would also potentially open the door for it to be available on Classic as well.

I know some people would be highly against this being on Classic.

Hopefully the decarded cards would also be verified by the GM doing the job and rejected if the card is a dupe.

You also wouldn't have to go through the annoying back and forth of the GMs grilling you about where you got the card.

Pretty frustrating when you're given the 3rd degree on a card you got from an OCA a year ago.

Honestly, it would be a win/win for the community and for Gravity.

Edit: Feel free to post other benefits and cons as well.

These are just my opinions.

Allllllll of this. All of it.  :bow: 

Would be great.

#7 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

350 wpe, nice idea!... Oh, wait, you know, it can be made free, because people had to wait in ridiculous lines to get their items decarded and It's quite stupid this system wasn't made free from the moment they TEMPORARILY began to decard through tickets.

Thank god I don't have items with MVP cards or something, but it's so crazy I can't really stay silent. They made this awful "fix", not working for any better solution for half of a year. And I agree about desocketing books - it's an important utility item that should be avaliable to everyone. But paying wpe for this half-assed service? People with legit items and cards have to wait cray time AND pay for books or wpe? Why???

#8 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:09 PM

They should just go back to how it always was and never allow decarding.

#9 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

They should just go back to how it always was and never allow decarding.

+1 on this.

Things just get complicated when you can decard...

#10 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:12 PM

It would in a sense also fix inflation if certain cards, since if you couldn't desocket them then they would be stuck in useless gears for eternity :D

But they would need to make cards tradable still if they were to do this, that is still my biggest issue since it makes opening OCAs a horrible experience when you have X amount of cards that can't be vended or traded @_@

Edited by Nirvanna21, 04 August 2015 - 01:13 PM.

#11 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

well if they didn't have to worry about decarding tickets they could actually focus on figuring out the duping issue maybe and then unlock trades for good.

#12 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

The issue there is that the duping issue is in kRO's hands, and they may have fixed it already and just not sent an update yet @_@

#13 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

350 wpe, nice idea!... Oh, wait, you know, it can be made free, because people had to wait in ridiculous lines to get their items decarded and It's quite stupid this system wasn't made free from the moment they TEMPORARILY began to decard through tickets.

Thank god I don't have items with MVP cards or something, but it's so crazy I can't really stay silent. They made this awful "fix", not working for any better solution for half of a year. And I agree about desocketing books - it's an important utility item that should be avaliable to everyone. But paying wpe for this half-assed service? People with legit items and cards have to wait cray time AND pay for books or wpe? Why???

i doubt VAS tickets are in the same queue as the normal tickets so they wouldn't have these wait times (if that isn't the case, then consider this free business advice WP).

#14 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:15 PM

Decided to remove the thread for Removing Desocketing, since Necro is right, Oda pretty much said a VAS was possible, and I doubt they would say no to $10 USD per request.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 04 August 2015 - 06:15 PM.

#15 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:24 PM

I've brought both GR and DR and i actually prefer GM's doing the trade.
I don't see why you're complaining  when you can actually just slot said cards and do the trades. 

#16 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 August 2015 - 06:40 PM

I've brought both GR and DR and i actually prefer GM's doing the trade.
I don't see why you're complaining  when you can actually just slot said cards and do the trades. 

Because a lot of people want an item then and there. So the only solution is to wait for them to have an item ready, then you gotta do "leverage" trades which are annoying when an easier solution can just be "trade me the card".

Also people want discounts if you slot it into something purely for the trade, because they KNOW they gotta fork out another 60m and wait from anywhere from a few hours and a week or so.

#17 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Then and there, i spent weeks, months looking for my card's.

What's a little longer.

Fork out an extra 60m? for what?

Sure negotiating for collateral is a hassle.

But im not about to give someone a 600m garment in good faith.

If a seller wants zeny now.

be prepared with items of similar value.
If a buyer wants item now.

be prepared to risk items.

You want 100% security.

be prepared to wait for GMs.

#18 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 August 2015 - 07:20 PM

I don't want to wait 3 days for a 400m transaction, in the billions market, sure, but for anything within a tradable amount then I would rather have the ability to cater to a transaction then and there.

It is a pain in the ass otherwise; and what is the point of going through all of it?

Btw just to clarify to you Iron, I am speaking from the point of a seller and not a buyer. I got other things I want to do such as hunt, and I gotta find creative and trustworthy solutions to do a deal for something I have?

Is it not enough waiting forever for a seller in an over inflated market, but now I gotta deal with haggling over a seller to break even? Hunting costs zeny, zeny is mostly acquired through player to player transactions, and I gotta sit and wait... and wait... and wait some more and go through multiple interested parties until I find the one who is prepared or willing to do it through a secure means?

I don't exactly play a game for those reasons, and as a seller it is off putting to say the least.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 04 August 2015 - 07:24 PM.

#19 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 09:20 PM

Obviously you're speaking on behalf of a seller.

But no one said you had to wait 3 days!
THERE ARE WAYS TO BYPASS THE RESTRICTION!

I recently brought DR, but i agreed that if the seller found another buyer that he could cancel the ticket.
As for GR, they are over saturated and pretty much useless, they have no PVE use and even with GR you won't survive GOH or Gfist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users