#1 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:32 PM

Confirming it works.
Also Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 is crap, go upgrade already, on my system I was done in 20 mins.  

#2 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:.¤·°­·.¸ Arua ¸.·°­·¤.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

I just installed Windows 10. It works perfect with Rose.

Also, me and you are close Canedah.

4572426966.png

Edited by Banrukai, 10 August 2015 - 01:37 PM.

#3 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

Im currently on Windows 8.1 and lag is very horrible.
Im planning to upgrade to Win 10 but Im not really that literate when comes to these things.

Idk if it will work well with the specs of my laptop.

Spoiler

Is win10 fine with these specs?
As much as possible i need some advices so that i can prevent spending much on upgrading (i just pay someone to upgrade my OS, and approximately 12$ is already too much for me).

#4 LucasLucasLucas

LucasLucasLucas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:20 PM

Your computer specs is fine to upgrade to win 10
You don't need to spend money for upgrading , it is free from Microsoft
Note : win 10 is faster than other previous , but I don't think it will help with the lag in the game , cause those lags in the game from server or maybe from your internet service

#5 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:13 PM

Your computer specs is fine to upgrade to win 10
You don't need to spend money for upgrading , it is free from Microsoft
Note : win 10 is faster than other previous , but I don't think it will help with the lag in the game , cause those lags in the game from server or maybe from your internet service

Thanks for that. My whole laptop was fine w/ win7 and 8 before (opening multiple programs like AutoCAD+Photoshop+Rose+browsers+etc) . When i had it reformated, i had no idea it was upgraded to 8.1. And now its really loading when i open even Microsoft word. Anyways ill have it upgraded(or downgrade maybr) when i have more time..

#6 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:20 PM

Windows 10 should work fine on your system. Maybe it will help a little, not sure.

#7 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:40 AM

I can't get windows 10 :(

#8 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 11 August 2015 - 06:51 AM

http://www.techspot....ws-7/page6.html

no significant diff between 10 and 8.1 according to benchmarks. In some scenarios win 8.1 is even better.  

the amount of lag depends more on the latency between the game server and your pc. if your ping is high you will always lag even if you have windows 246848.

Edited by LexLoyalty, 11 August 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#9 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:16 AM

Only thing I've noticed on Windows 10 is that things can bug out when loading 3d assets. This one is an example, but there are much much more horrible glitches sometimes (as in cannot see anything at all).

d6bRrpB.jpg

I think it might have something to do with the latest NVIDIA drivers though. Nothing really related to Win 10 other than that.

Edited by Gnasty, 11 August 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#10 VModCola

VModCola

Amateur Blogger

• WarpPortal VM
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUFP Headquarters, office of the Commanding Admiral

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

I can't get windows 10 :(

Why not Pam?  You have Windows XP, Vista or 8.0?   If you have Windows 7 or 8.1 it is a free upgrade.

#11 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:17 AM

Only thing I've noticed on Windows 10 is that things can bug out when loading 3d assets. This one is an example, but there are much much more horrible glitches sometimes (as in cannot see anything at all).

d6bRrpB.jpg

I think it might have something to do with the latest NVIDIA drivers though. Nothing really related to Win 10 other than that.

This seems to be on your end, because I haven't experienced any of this.

I'm also using NVIDIA ( GTX 690 ). & Windows 10

#12 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:24 PM

Why not Pam?  You have Windows XP, Vista or 8.0?   If you have Windows 7 or 8.1 it is a free upgrade.

I got this notice: Unfortunately, this PC is unable to run Windows 10. We're sorry to let you know that this PC can't upgrade to Windows 10 because one or more thngs are incompatible. See right for details.

On the right side it says" Compatibility issue:

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

The display manufacturer hasn't made your display compatible with Windows 10. Check with the manufacturer for support.

#13 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:36 PM

d6bRrpB.jpg

After I made this post I started to encounter similar bug as well. 

Also I have noticed that skype gets glitchy, and rose crashes more often... 
8.1 is more stable, that I can confirm. 

#14 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

haha. I'll stick to 7 for now. 

#15 BarbieChi

BarbieChi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:21 AM

CdMIpzs.jpg

Rose works perfectly fine to my win 10 desktop. Plus, my pc gets very smooth since I upgraded to win 10.

#16 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:13 AM

haha. I'll stick to 7 for now. 

#17 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:27 AM

This seems to be on your end, because I haven't experienced any of this.

I'm also using NVIDIA ( GTX 690 ). & Windows 10

Interesting. Mine is a GTX 680. Pretty close. Did you upgrade to Win 10 or a clean install? I had to reinstall the graphics driver after the upgrade because I couldn't log in to the desktop for some weird reason (constant flicking etc). I guess it's probably on my end and I have to reinstall the drivers again maybe.

#18 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:02 AM

Yeah the upgrade way and not the fresh install way is prone to lead to all sorts of problems. It's always better to do a fresh install of the OS, then onto fresh graphical drivers and so on. 

I have Win 10 ready to go for a install whenever. I did the upgrade way first and yeah, too many issues for programs I use. Would've had to reinstall all of them, etc. Figure i'll just do it nice and fresh eventually.

#19 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

i did mine straight from the upgrade and all went fine, seemed to work perfectly for me, speeded up things a little too

#20 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

This is a helpful thread for us as developers. So everyone is aware, we have not begin any Windows 10 compatibility development yet, so the posts about what you find and encounter (as problems) can help us direct our efforts towards those areas first when implementing compatibility upgrades once we begin. Since Windows 10 is still rolling out, and isn't a majority of connecting Operating Systems (OS) we're not too focused or worried at the moment, but we know it will become a concern as time goes on.

#21 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 02:21 PM

Yeah the upgrade way and not the fresh install way is prone to lead to all sorts of problems. It's always better to do a fresh install of the OS, then onto fresh graphical drivers and so on. 

I have Win 10 ready to go for a install whenever. I did the upgrade way first and yeah, too many issues for programs I use. Would've had to reinstall all of them, etc. Figure i'll just do it nice and fresh eventually.

Well, yeah. Always better to go with a fresh install. And like you said, I just have too much things on my computer at the moment that I'm not ready to reinstall and such.

This is a helpful thread for us as developers. So everyone is aware, we have not begin any Windows 10 compatibility development yet, so the posts about what you find and encounter (as problems) can help us direct our efforts towards those areas first when implementing compatibility upgrades once we begin. Since Windows 10 is still rolling out, and isn't a majority of connecting Operating Systems (OS) we're not too focused or worried at the moment, but we know it will become a concern as time goes on.

Good to know you're aware of it :)

Edited by Gnasty, 12 August 2015 - 02:32 PM.

#22 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 12 August 2015 - 11:14 PM

I had just done a fresh Win 7 Install, then directly upgraded to Win 10. Everything is going fine. I still get the occasional stutters from the game loading things, but that is just the old client bugs that have been around.

EDIT: I can confirm these strange artifacts in game. It just happened to me yesterday,

fl2274L.jpg

ULZndr1.jpg

Edited by Banrukai, 13 August 2015 - 06:09 PM.

#23 alvinmx

alvinmx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • Server:ARUA

Posted 14 August 2015 - 08:51 AM

Upgraded to Windows 10 and rose is running perfectly whit it.

Laptop specs;

Gateway AMD quad core processor A6 5200

AMD Raedon HD 8400

6GB DDR3 Memory

Cheers

#24 Gnasty

Gnasty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 10:01 AM

I had just done a fresh Win 7 Install, then directly upgraded to Win 10. Everything is going fine. I still get the occasional stutters from the game loading things, but that is just the old client bugs that have been around.

EDIT: I can confirm these strange artifacts in game. It just happened to me yesterday,

fl2274L.jpg
ULZndr1.jpg

Haha, yepp. These are the exact same artifacts I was talking about. Some may even cover the whole screen. They come from different assets such as NPC, vegetation, drops and well... Pretty much anything. But those are the most common ones.

#25 Banrukai

Banrukai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts
  • Location中国China

Posted 14 August 2015 - 12:03 PM

Haha, yepp. These are the exact same artifacts I was talking about. Some may even cover the whole screen. They come from different assets such as NPC, vegetation, drops and well... Pretty much anything. But those are the most common ones.

Yea exactly. It seems to be Nvidia users that are experiencing these artifacts in Windows 10. My friends that are using AMD graphics are not having issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users