What are Seals and why do we care?
Credits to TouRyuu for writing the draft of this guide
With the introduction of Jawaii, all professions can now make a series of "Seals" related to their Guardians. These items, when used to seal an accessory, will grant the accessory with random stats. But beware! The stats could be positive, or they could be negative. Which adds a new RNG factor to this process.
But don't fear, to counter this, the Seal Fusion system allows you to freely reapply seals on top of existent seals AND you get to choose whether you want the new result or to keep the old one. So in the end, the only thing you might lose is a bit of zeny.
To start with, you must go to Jawaii Love Island and meet with NPC Filia. She will sell you the required Designs for Seals.
- Low Grade Seal: Will grant you basic stats, HP or MP. But they have a higher rate of getting Poor results instead of Regular or Good ones. Each of these are crafted by their respective jobs.
- Seal of Vulcan (Blacksmith)
- Seal of Berielle (Artisan)
- Seal of Hoenheim (Alchemist)
- Seal of Demeter (Chef)
- Empty Seal (x1)
- Trace of Guardian (x5)
- Memories of Guardian (x3) - This one depends on your job, as each one can craft only one.
- Memory of Vulcan (Blacksmith)
- Memory of Berielle (Artisan)
- Memory of Hoenheim (Alchemist)
- Memory of Demeter (Chef)
- Normal Grade Seal: Will grant you basic stats, HP, MP, Critical, Parry, Hit, Dodge, Ph. Attk or M. Attk. And they have higher rate of getting Regular and Good ones and a lower chance of getting something Poor.
- Seal of Guardian (can be crafted by all jobs)
- Seal of Vulcan (x2)
- Seal of Berielle (x2)
- Seal of Hoenheim (x2)
- Seal of Demeter (x2)
- Trace of Guardian (x10)
There are three ways to obtain the materials you require:
- Main questline and Daily quests in Jawaii will give you some Seals and the Memories of the guardian you choose.
- Disassembly of crafted items (potions, foods, equipment) using Stones of Guardian. These give the same results regardless of the cost of production, and Processed Items like Ingots, Herbs and Leather/Cloth don't work.
- Farming in Ep 1 Culvert, where monsters will drop Shabby Guardian Codex and defeating the boss will reward you with Traces of Guardian and other rewards.
Culvert - Solo Dungeon (Lockout: 3 entries a day)
Added with Jawaii's update, now you can get yourself under Eremes's skin in his very first mission. To do this you must press N, go to Find Dungeon and choose Ep 1 Culvert. Since it is a Solo Dungeon, it will warp you immediately.
There's also a new quest in East Mt. Mjolnir, given by NPC Maden, that's meant to inform you about this new dungeon.
This dungeon has two particularities, aside of the fact that you can't enter with a party, you also can't use your own skills. Instead, it uses a system similar to WoE Siege weapons, where you get 3 skills below and two on the side. Each skill has it's purpose, as you have 1 as a weak direct attack, and 2 as a strong AoE, and 3 as a Heal over Time.
The remaining two skills Dodge! and Cure are used in very specific cases. Dodge! is required during the final's boss Enrage to avoid a deadly OHKO, while Cure can restore you almost to full health, with a 1 min cd (so be careful when using it.)
Note: There seems to be an issue with GTB not giving the rewards at the end of the dungeon if you die and re-enter without resetting. You can check arby's post for details. We've reported this as a bug for the time being until we know if it's intended or not.
You can find Filia on Jawaii Love Island next to Kafra Services. This NPC will charge a tax to perform the sealing: Low Grade Seal is 100 zeny, and Normal Grade is 500 zeny + 100 master points (MP).
As stated above, each seal can grant stats with a different rate of success, but you can always choose to keep a previous seal if the new one isn't good enough. Please watch the following video to have a clearer idea of how it's done.
Edited by faku1810, 13 August 2015 - 02:46 PM.