Can I has gold plz? - Page 2 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can I has gold plz?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

That's pretty unreasonable, honestly

Why is it unreasonable? You want to explore the entire world of Dragon Saga at lvl 1?

#27 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

Why is it unreasonable? You want to explore the entire world of Dragon Saga at lvl 1?

I went to Libra at level 30 and it felt nice
What would be the reasoning or preventability from locking levels on towns anyways?
It won't stop the spamming

#28 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

They could make megaphones channel wide only, or like Yurai sais set a lvl req on the megas. That'll stop them in their tracks!

#29 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

I went to Libra at level 30 and it felt nice
What would be the reasoning or preventability from locking levels on towns anyways?
It won't stop the spamming

lvl 30 would be fine as a requirement for entering Libra. Unless the spammers are going to use couple scrolls or town scrolls (which you can't get anymore) or party warp scrolls (waste item mall points or gold on them), they will have to level up to the required level to enter the town. Gravity seems to do a pretty good job of banning bots, so after the spammers have spent the time to level up, they will get banned and have to repeat the process of leveling before they can spam in those towns again.

Of course, they will probably just use party scrolls, but that will leave them with less gold to sell or less cash. Gravity could even change it so that you have to be a certain level before using party warp scrolls, so that the bots couldn't get to higher level towns without leveling.

It might not stop the spamming entirely, but it would certainly reduce the amount of spamming in higher level towns. I don't see what aspect of this idea you find unreasonable or ineffective.

Edited by Maronu, 27 November 2010 - 03:08 PM.

#30 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 27 November 2010 - 03:28 PM

I'm not sure if we already have this, but if not, make it so that there are lvl requirements to enter all the towns besides Odelia.

Pretty much any level can be in Odelia and Port of Winds. Libra I believe you have to be level 30+ to enter zones after moonlight shore village. Fungoid, Ash mist, and Ellora all need level 40+ to be in.

lvl 30 would be fine as a requirement for entering Libra. Unless the spammers are going to use couple scrolls or town scrolls (which you can't get anymore) or party warp scrolls (waste item mall points or gold on them), they will have to level up to the required level to enter the town. Gravity seems to do a pretty good job of banning bots, so after the spammers have spent the time to level up, they will get banned and have to repeat the process of leveling before they can spam in those towns again.

Of course, they will probably just use party scrolls, but that will leave them with less gold to sell or less cash. Gravity could even change it so that you have to be a certain level before using party warp scrolls, so that the bots couldn't get to higher level towns without leveling.

It might not stop the spamming entirely, but it would certainly reduce the amount of spamming in higher level towns. I don't see what aspect of this idea you find unreasonable or ineffective.

These people tend to aim for lower levels who are unaware of rules and such and/or maybe some desperate poor people in-game.

Edited by Coolsam, 27 November 2010 - 03:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users