old player need advice - RG and RK questions - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

old player need advice - RG and RK questions

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 08:21 AM

First off I want to say hi to everyone! I use to play on chaos back in beta days and up till transcendence class and i always fell in love with the pally. Use to play grand cross and got to level 95 before i stopped playing. Now many years later, i want to be back. I read many forums to get myself started and to try and not ask too many stupid questions. But i apologize for any! I need some advice from you experienced players!

Q1: Which class (RG or RK) should i play?

I lean more towards an RG (because i like the sprite :D), but i am realistic, i want someone that isn't too much of a difference in terms of the grind to lvl 175. I mainly like MVP, PVM (pvp and woe is a plus). I am willing to go VIP and get 1500 kafra points to jump start my IRO debut :)

I keep reading forums and it seams everyone favours RK atm. But does a PvM build RG level that much slower? Also in terms of gear, it feels gearing a DB RK is much more expensive? But what PvM/MvP build is viable for RG ?(a lot of them seams outdated)

Q2: Also a recommended gearing list would be much appreciated! 

For newby gears what i got is this: rental CK and a thara frog shield for Orcs (earth deleter carded armour helps).

What else? and for end game right now?

I know about the Eden equipment quests and also the bounty and hunting quests which i have started already on my lvl 34 swordsman :)

Q3: Also: For example if i was a swordsman --> Knight...when i reborn can i go high swordsman --> crusader? Any penalties?

Q4: What is the going rate for 1WP = ?zeny What is best to buy for players?

Thank you all in advance!

Edited by iSilverStorml, 15 August 2015 - 08:29 AM.

#2 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:25 AM

Without going much into details

A1: RK. When your RG turns 150+ or 160+ You will soon realize that you are limited and you need a party to level. Its a Bio4 party. No one wants a RG but they usually to always want a RK.

A2: VP/OB or CS build for RG but since you will be playing a RK, you dont need to know anything about RG's builds.

A3: No you cant switch. Once you train to become a knight, you know your future job is RK. Other RG if you train to become a Crusader.

A4: 10m-12m. Just a hint, selling KP or Cash item is the easiest method to make quick zeny but it is also the most expensive method as well. At least for me, my real currency worth way more than 10m-12m. If you dont have a Gen, maybe you might consider making one first.

#3 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:29 AM

Btw

Swordman - Knight - High novice - High swordman - Lord knight - Rune knight

Swordman - Crusader - Hight novice - High swordman - Paladin - Royal guard

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:01 AM

I think you meant KP and not WP. Current rate is around 100kp=10~12m as chakri said. And well, RKs are a lot easier in the long run

#5 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:15 PM

An rk db build is more versatile than any rg build in that it's useful for literally everything, while a pvm rg build usually looks very different to a woe rg build.

That said, it's rather boring since it consists of you spamming two buttons repeatedly without much variation. I honestly think you would have more fun playing an rg, they don't level as fast but there isn't any particular requirement to get to 175 asap anyway (although admittedly you won't be able to woe/pvp effectively without those levels).

Basically i think it comes down to whether you'd rather play a more effective one dimensional class or a less effective but potentially more fun one. Your definition of fun might be different from mine though so take this with a grain of salt.

#6 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:52 PM

Thank you so much everyone for your input. After doing my own research, i figured that RK was a lot more superior, but i wanted to get everyones input because well i guess, theres a deep desire that hopefully there is an RG build that might have worked.

The reason i want to ask about getting to level 175 was because i want to MVP (mainly solo), so im guessing those last 20ish levels will help a lot?

Thanks again everyone :) I guess i'll probably end up RKing :(

#7 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

Go with RG if you want. Overbrand is really good for leveling and with 175 you can Solo MVP nearly everything if it is what you want.
But dont expect to Mob pull for any party w/o Eddga Shoes.

#8 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:28 PM

Thanks Roah for the sign of hope haha

What build is effective to level a sader? Thanks

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

If you're gonna make a RG after all, good luck.

RG sprite is one of the best no doubt :P

Edited by ChakriGuard, 15 August 2015 - 10:01 PM.

#10 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 11:45 AM

Thanks Roah for the sign of hope haha

What build is effective to level a sader? Thanks

Hi!
The standart build for solo grinding havent changed.

Overbrand + Shield Spell (For up to 13o extra ATK, extra reflect, extra DEF, SP Regeneration or Super Heal)

Take a second AOE if you like like Moon Slasher or Cannon Spear or Vanishing Point, if you give your RG some AGI and want to have a ranged 1on1 skill. This will be your Main MVP Skill besides you have 2 Kiels.
You can go for some defensive Skill Like Force of Vanguard and/or Presitge or even Kings Grace. Those skills do help a lot in Solo gameplay and survivng.

Take a strong 1 Hand Spear like the Hunting Spear which do not cost much and Card it for your Grinding place. A Long Horn works really well for Undead/Demon places and Magma Dun 2.
A Orlean Gown or a Phen Carded Accessory because Overbrand can be interupted. For really mobby places you can take a Earth Dealter Card in your Armor for some good SP Leech cause Overbrand hits every Monster for 1 up to 3 times depending on your position. A Rideword hat or Vanguard Helm helps a lot in HP/SP leech and you do not need any type of Hunterfly Weapons (from my experience).
Alternative would be Porcellio, Peco Peco or even a Bathory Card or Marc card for Freeze Immunity.

Rest is really up to you, if you do want to thickle out more damage, more HP/SP/Resistance or faster Cast or better Cast Delay.

Be warned, most likely you would need to get get good resistance gear, defending skills and Sacrifice to join a party 160+ if your grinding gets too slow.

Good think is, a Solo Guard is actually quite good in MVPing and on Instances so it wont get boring.

#11 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:23 AM

Thanks a lot for the advice!

I think I'll probably be making an agil spear sader as it maybe a cheaper alternative to GC right now.

How is the leveling speed gonna be compared to GC?
As well where is it good to level?
Currently, I'm aiming for morrigane set, bsb and shackles combo, and crescent scythe.
I'll pick up hunting spears too if it's good!

Someone suggested zephy, chick hat and bylan 4?
Thanks again all

#12 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:22 AM

2Hand Spear + Holy Cross is better and faster then AGI-CRIT. Get a Spectral Spear and/or a Hellfire and some extra SP Equipment you are good to go. If you run out of SP you can still Auto Attack.

#13 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:20 PM

Without going much into details

A1: RK. When your RG turns 150+ or 160+ You will soon realize that you are limited and you need a party to level. Its a Bio4 party. No one wants a RG but they usually to always want a RK.

is this true?ill get turned down with parties because RGs are kinda off 150+?

#14 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

is this true?ill get turned down with parties because RGs are kinda off 150+?

You will really have a hard time to get a party. The best chance is to go with your guildies as a free loader :v

RG's sacrifice is not needed and the AoE skills are no where as good as those of RK

#15 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:24 PM

</3 playing alone.no friends to play with and just started again.hope i find a good guild :/

#16 5416131108035252313

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:35 PM

Then you will realise the so call good guild only need you when they need a saaaaacc  :heh:

#17 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:07 PM

Hi guys, thanks so much fro all your input so far. 

I am currently stuck for leveling and am looking for some help!

I have a +4 hellfire, crescent scythe and eden gear. Also have ~20m for gear.

I am leveling in orc dungeon atm and am lvl 75. But now i don't know where else to level!

can someone please help as to where i should go to 99 from now? Much Thanks!

my stats are:

Str 62+9

Agil 67+2

Vit 18+3

Int 21+5

Dex 34+3

Luk 1+7

#18 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:49 PM

do juno bounty board. grand peco, sleeper, goats, harpy. then do dark priest to 99. do low TI if its not in cooldown

#19 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:41 PM

what kind of tempo boots should we get as an RG?dex or str?if going for dex you get a nice % range damage but you'll need 120 dex (waste of points?)

#20 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:52 AM

PVM Wise??
Go with STR Boots.

#21 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:29 AM

Thanks Arjay for the leveling spot recommendation! I am now lvl 96! Getting slow, but getting there!

Interms of advancing to the next lvl as pally and RG, what type of gear should I be spending my zeny on? I'm willing to Eden gear it out and only replace high end gear 1 piece at a time and then slowly over upgrading it myself when I have more money. Like getting a +0 heroic backpack first then with raydric then eventually +7 --> +9 . Whatcha guys think? Thanks a tonne!

Edited by iSilverStorml, 28 August 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#22 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

Im a VIP so what I did is stack bounty board and pick base exp only then pop bmx3 so 96-99 is like 1 bmx3 with juno board done golem and stalactic golem dark priest and low ti.

if you want gear progression this is my suggestion (im no expert but I started from 0 to a level 110 RG in the past few weeks so this worked on me. not tge fastest but it worked on me)

pots are heavy and it accumulates and wull get expensive for leveling. so I suggest getting WPH combo 150-200m
alternative havent tried this but they said +9vanagard helm is enough but you might need to bring some pots when it doesnt proc.

next is a high upgraded weapon (atleast +7) I have brocca, hunting spear, long horn. prices around 50m, 18m, 7m. you need a good weapon to 1-2 shot mob to conserve consumables. less hp/sp loss is always win.

+9iHBP/+9nidd 200mish. I personally use +9iHBP and work my stats around ita bonuses. really really good for general pvm/leveling. nidd garment is good for sp pool. RGs sp piol sucks and the sp leech but I think vanagard and incubus pet is enough.

+6-9 str temp shoes with FS 20-60m

the rest not a game changer

again im no expert this is just base on my exp. correct me if im wrong.

#23 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

sorry double post. phone lag OP

Edited by Arjay, 28 August 2015 - 09:30 PM.

#24 iSilverStorml

iSilverStorml

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 03:27 AM

Okay alright! Thanks Arjay. I suspected that a good weapon was gonna be first. Right now I can probably afford a good weapon and maybe either a immune +4 heroic backpack (maybe not that useful for now...) or a +7-9 rideword... Everything is so expensive!

#25 Arjay

Arjay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:52 AM

the reason why I put witch pumpkin combo so high because if you get anything first the time you are levelig without it the money used for expensive pot could have gone to buying the hat. pumpking are only 15z each. and even without immune with spammable pots it wont matter. same with weapon eden weapon is fine for now if thats what you are using. one shotting mob can wait hahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users