#1 loveyxk

loveyxk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:it's only one server!

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:00 AM

can make <Spin it Bear!> cast time from 1.5s to Instant  :p_smile: like Overlord

and a lot of skills of Dragon(paladin) is limited in BSQ or PVP

i think dragon is not the most OP class in BSQ ..,

<invoker has a lot of OP skills like rly short CD Magnet, or something..etc>

:p_laugh: although some players think dragon can re-spawn skills to get win! may i ask that GM just make dragon stronger

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:19 AM

can make <Spin it Bear!> cast time from 1.5s to Instant  :p_smile: like Overlord

and a lot of skills of Dragon(paladin) is limited in BSQ or PVP

i think dragon is not the most OP class in BSQ ..,

<invoker has a lot of OP skills like rly short CD Magnet, or something..etc>

:p_laugh: although some players think dragon can re-spawn skills to get win! may i ask that GM just make dragon stronger

Sorry to disappoint you, but this won't happen. This has already discussed and we changed back the shared cooldown for Spear Jab and Crosscut. And everyone in the production team agrees that the Spin It Bear skill will stay as is for balancing reasons.

#3 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts
  • LocationWarpPortal forums
  • Server:What is server?

Posted 18 August 2015 - 06:21 AM

1.5s 

Correction is 0.8s

As a dragoon player, restricting Barricade and Time Reverse Aura is enough already.

I really do not see a lot of Dragoons joining BattleSquare like the old time.

Edit : I really do not understand how the production team agrees about keeping Spin It Bear the same when there is still no significant change.

After the change, still very little of amount of Dragoon players join BattleSquare.

Edited by SoulSight, 18 August 2015 - 06:30 AM.

#4 loveyxk

loveyxk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, but this won't happen. This has already discussed and we changed back the shared cooldown for Spear Jab and Crosscut. And everyone in the production team agrees that the Spin It Bear skill will stay as is for balancing reasons.

:p_sleep:  ok ty popcorn

Correction is 0.8s

As a dragoon player, restricting Barricade and Time Reverse Aura is enough already.

Edit : I really do not understand how the production team agrees about keeping Spin It Bear the same when there is still no significant change.

After the change, still very little of amount of Dragoon players join BattleSquare.

1.5s is  from dragonsaga wiki XD 

and does any1 has wiki account to update wiki !

wiki is rly good ! but ...some in formations are not new and true

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:08 PM

Correction is 0.8s

The reason you don't see Dragoons in BattleSquare like before was because they were not immortal w/ 60%+ chance to zero all incoming damage like before. They no longer can jump in Barricade w/ all flags and a movespeed build and have zero negative consequences as they fully heal themselves, ignore magnet, cannot be flinched or launched, etc. Barricade can even ignore Twin flinching, which cancels super armor. Roach Life and the recovery aura are their only forms of healing which they can't abuse as bad as a free level 5, infinite duration, slow heal that gives the above benefits.

They can infinite ground lock using only a handful of easy to chain skills, they have multiple means of super armor to engage/escape. They have two awakenings that are very compatible with their comboing. A crosscut or spear jab flinch is enough duration for a free spin-it-bear without time reverse. That's correct, it's flinch is long enough to allow the casting of spin-it bear without escape unless super-armor or another means of countering is used.

Your class has an incredibly easy 1vs1 potential and the means to aid in very effective group play. Even without Time Reverse to any non "god-tier" (Summoner, Twin, Invoker) class a Dragoon of equal gearing and decent skill can do well against them.

Your class is high potential even with that nerf to Spin it Bear. You do not need the easy to spam, means of infinite air locking.

And to any saying it's useless w/o Time Reverse, Spin-it-bear tricks so many blind-dash-jumping players with an off-screen cast against them. Similar to blind-off-screen rocket punch for thieves which is such a common strategy.

#6 flubsy

flubsy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

Just because not many people play a class does not mean it is a weak class or isn't a strong class.  The move pool for a dragoon can be comparable to the twins and summoner classes and probably the highest numbers of skills available for the human class.  They have plenty of moves that can be used and abused yet majority tend to just rely on 3 moves: bear, xcut, Broom jab.

Learn to use other skills and be creative.  There is more than one way to play a character.

Also the spin bear (spin bruce lee) was originally a myrmidon move that was moved to the paladin pool, not sure why they changed it with future patches.

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 04:23 PM

Also the spin bear (spin bruce lee) was originally a myrmidon move that was moved to the paladin pool, not sure why they changed it with future patches.

Actually it was far different and FARRRR worse than what it became.

It was intended to be a reward from an event mission. It gave two skills. A magic-based Bear-Hadouken or the physical Spin-it Bear. Available to every class.

Just think for a second and imagine un-nerfed Spin It Bear on any class that can properly abuse it.

#8 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

To Sam, I really like your argument about barricade and time reversed aura. It's really reasonable. Here is my point.

- My class is good at 1v1 but battlesquare is not an 1v1 area.
- Spin it bear, since there are so many rangers in battlesquare, is not really a good use and even with cast time.
- There used to be no elemental attack so barricade was very powerful skill. It absorbs a lot of normal damage but not elemental damage. It would be no longer powerful even if barricade was allowed.
- In my opinion, between cancelling the sharing cooldown of spearjab with crosscut and reverting spin it bear, I would choose the second choice.
- Since chain combo brings mini "stun" and in fact, if they (the rangers) have enough attack speed, Dragoons can't counter or escape the combat. You also understand this because you also play as a melee. (Twin is exception)
-> Therefore, instead of forbidding barricade and time reversed aura, why don't we change spin it bear back?

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

To Sam, I really like your argument about barricade and time reversed aura. It's really reasonable. Here is my point.

- My class is good at 1v1 but battlesquare is not an 1v1 area.
- Spin it bear, since there are so many rangers in battlesquare, is not really a good use and even with cast time.
- There used to be no elemental attack so barricade was very powerful skill. It absorbs a lot of normal damage but not elemental damage. It would be no longer powerful even if barricade was allowed.
- In my opinion, between cancelling the sharing cooldown of spearjab with crosscut and reverting spin it bear, I would choose the second choice.
- Since chain combo brings mini "stun" and in fact, if they (the rangers) have enough attack speed, Dragoons can't counter or escape the combat. You also understand this because you also play as a melee. (Twin is exception)
-> Therefore, instead of forbidding barricade and time reversed aura, why don't we change spin it bear back?

Dragoons are good in both group and solo PvP play. You bring amazing lockdown and can single-out and disable targets. You have tons of superarmor and support any group ground/air lock. Which is free-game in Battlesquares.

Spin it bear added so much simplicity to an already face-roll easy class. You can do pure air-locking using only it and both storm blades. Unless they have god-like timing with air-recover+super-armored air escape, you're considered air locked. Having a 0 cast time combined with it's uber-low cooldown made for so much easy catching to an already easy to catch players class. Bear set up for crosscut, which had absurd vertical range. Bear+Chain Shield was a mini-air lock itself that I've gotten away with so many times before Spin-it bear's nerf when flag-running on my old undergeared dragoon. The skill itself compliments so many of the already easy to perform Dragoon skill-combinations and was used in so much air-locking that nerfing it was such a high-demand from so many players.

Time Reverse itself was another case. It was nerfed due to it's party-support in Emporia War. Now any Dragoon main has done this but Time-Reverse a +20 weapon Ninja with good critical damage. Dagger's cooldown becomes non-existant and you can 100%-0 the Emporia Dragons in Under 3 minutes duo'ing it. So developers had nerfed it in Emporia War, which must've accidentally led to Battlesquare. Now Dragoons with Time Reverse in Battlesquare isn't as extreme as buffs/auras don't transfer to other teammates. But as I said with Spin-it bear, your class is utterly easy compared to Overlord. Dragoon was often joked as the face-roll class for a reason.

My argument in a nutshell; Dragoons are easy enough as is, we don't need them becoming any easier.

#10 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

1.5s is  from dragonsaga wiki XD 

and does any1 has wiki account to update wiki !

wiki is rly good ! but ...some in formations are not new and true

It was stated "Cast time : instant". Corrected anyway, and the wiki indeed is a mess at times.

#11 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

Dragoons are good in both group and solo PvP play. You bring amazing lockdown and can single-out and disable targets. You have tons of superarmor and support any group ground/air lock. Which is free-game in Battlesquares.

Spin it bear added so much simplicity to an already face-roll easy class. You can do pure air-locking using only it and both storm blades. Unless they have god-like timing with air-recover+super-armored air escape, you're considered air locked. Having a 0 cast time combined with it's uber-low cooldown made for so much easy catching to an already easy to catch players class. Bear set up for crosscut, which had absurd vertical range. Bear+Chain Shield was a mini-air lock itself that I've gotten away with so many times before Spin-it bear's nerf when flag-running on my old undergeared dragoon. The skill itself compliments so many of the already easy to perform Dragoon skill-combinations and was used in so much air-locking that nerfing it was such a high-demand from so many players.

Time Reverse itself was another case. It was nerfed due to it's party-support in Emporia War. Now any Dragoon main has done this but Time-Reverse a +20 weapon Ninja with good critical damage. Dagger's cooldown becomes non-existant and you can 100%-0 the Emporia Dragons in Under 3 minutes duo'ing it. So developers had nerfed it in Emporia War, which must've accidentally led to Battlesquare. Now Dragoons with Time Reverse in Battlesquare isn't as extreme as buffs/auras don't transfer to other teammates. But as I said with Spin-it bear, your class is utterly easy compared to Overlord. Dragoon was often joked as the face-roll class for a reason.

- Disable? Yes. Tons of Superarmor? No, not very long beside spearjab and shoulder tackle. Oh you mean Impervion?

- Air-locking? No! 5 seconds cooldown each storm blade cannot make it continuously and repeatedly. God-like timing with air-recover? Ehh probably everyone can do it with high level because most of them are detroyers...and a little bit movement speed building. Chain shield is actually a good locker but it is limited by vertical range.

- Hmm this is really an accident.

#12 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

- Disable? Yes. Tons of Superarmor? No, not very long beside spearjab and shoulder tackle. Oh you mean Impervion?

- Air-locking? No! 5 seconds cooldown each storm blade cannot make it continuously and repeatedly. God-like timing with air-recover? Ehh probably everyone can do it with high level because most of them are detroyers...and a little bit movement speed building. Chain shield is actually a good locker but it is limited by vertical range.

- Hmm this is really an accident.

No, they can perma airlock with Spin it if it's reverted. Anyone that did watermelon/gold woodie(where no one but pallies would get any hits in thanks to air locking from spin it combo) events or any kind of pvp remembers the stupidity that was Pally perma airlocking that could literally knock ppl so far up into the ceiling that it would bug out npcs and ppl. 

edit: Cross Cut, Broom jab, Shoulder tackle, Shield Strike , Impervion, Barricade all provide super armour for pallies and I'm probably missing some on that list.

Edited by StormHaven, 20 August 2015 - 12:50 PM.

#13 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

edit: Cross Cut, Broom jab, Shoulder tackle, Shield Strike , Impervion, Barricade all provide super armour for pallies and I'm probably missing some on that list.

Both Awakenings, Rolling Ground, Cutdown, Aerial Smackdown. Crossed out ones I'm pretty sure don't give Super-armor.

Still a good 7 or so skills available in PvP that give Super Armor and can be used well in Dragoon play-style.

#14 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:02 PM

I don't forget impervion. However, during pvp, like Revenge, people complain that it's not very nice to them.

#15 checksome

checksome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:13 AM

:yawn:

#16 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

as an ex pally main:

It is spear jab, aerial smackdown, awakening skills, shoulder tackle, rolling ground, guild buff atkspd animation cancel, barricade, and impervion are the super armor skills. 

Savages are the new pallies in town now. Their super armor passive is way stronger, instant cast headspin with easy follow ups, and ground locks. 

Edited by ohsnap, 21 August 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#17 loveyxk

loveyxk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:03 PM

:sob:  :sob:  :sob:  Dragon can not defeat savage Windmill and Seven...its rly op in 1 vs 1. bc no any skills of dragon can control his movement or make him stun or something  ..when my friend's movement speed up to 500 up... He can just use the the skills like dragon ... re-spawn to launch people into the air ...

:rice:  or just make Time Reverse Aura is not limited in BSQ ? 

#18 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:29 AM

:sob:  :sob:  :sob:  Dragon can not defeat savage Windmill and Seven...its rly op in 1 vs 1. bc no any skills of dragon can control his movement or make him stun or something

I heard a well-timed Shield bash (or however it's called) could help. Not commenting the Time reverse aura part though.

#19 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

I heard a well-timed Shield bash (or however it's called) could help. Not commenting the Time reverse aura part though.

1. Name : Shield Strike.

2. Range : You can't reach that far.

3. Mini stun : Skill will be cancelled due to no superarmor.

#20 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

Popping Impervion vs Savage should put you both on even ground so it just becomes who's the better pvper/better geared. 

#21 loveyxk

loveyxk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

im going to play other classes

CYA my dragon   :p_sad:

#22 loveyxk

loveyxk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

:rice:  and make dragonsaga wiki be better XD 

#23 SoulSight

SoulSight

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1644 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 01:45 PM

Popping Impervion vs Savage should put you both on even ground so it just becomes who's the better pvper/better geared. 

Add revenge!  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users