With 1 stat/skill reset, how to spend stats/skills to level an artisan the hard way? - Dealer Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

With 1 stat/skill reset, how to spend stats/skills to level an artisan the hard way?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

I want to plan what I should do at level 100 after job change.

The hard way being getting exp by killing things themselves without bumming off others too much.

Lots of guides often leave out the amount of days it takes to reach a high level and how to get there.This process takes many days and these games are horrible to you when you make mistakes. Well, it seems to take a week to get to 100, but I had a costume set.

My goal is to make a character to help make stuff for my other characters, make money, and maybe craft gems. 

I'm impatient and I don't want level the artisan all the way up before crafting random things. Like I'd like to stop at 120 or something and play a different character.

What I have in mind is a CON Artisan who focuses on reinforcing weapons and crafting gems. I suppose the third craft would be alchemy,

Onto the questions:

Stats:

People simply go pure CON until it's maxed, probably 30 CHA in there somewhere, then after those things, SEN? Reinforced armor is fine enough for defense? I was thinking just a trickle of SEN in mid levels for offensive purposes. Nothing in the other stats. Can this character even solo at all? I can only bother with upgraded reinforced armor and weapon.

• Going pure con is fine up to level 100+?

Skills:

A new artisan gets a bunch of new skills to get, quite problematic to know which ones to get.

They can either boost their crafting skills or offensive skills.

Crafting:

Not exactly sure what to do here. Shouldn't get craft armor/weapon immediately, I probably don't need to start crafting gems, alchemy looks immediately useful. I suppose invest in passives.

Combat:

Max one of the summons and the attack passives, lastly 1 or 2 points into attack skills

People recommend the second summon over the first one?

• I can go either way, boost offensive power or crafting power, crafting capability is a bit limited in comparison to other levels.

Obviously this wouldn't be great at killing things and surviving hits but they are capable of doing that right?

My impatience wants to equally distribute points into both crafting and offensive at level 100.

Edited by saravon, 19 August 2015 - 11:23 PM.

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:41 AM

You yourself a favor, if you want to stop at level 120'ish and go CON, then take Alchemy. Potion Crafting will net you the most frequent Exp points from crafting, an amount that will actually level you over time. If you want to be able to both Craft + Fight [and be valuable in a PT] make it a Cannon Style and Take the AoEs. 

#3 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 08:32 AM

putting a bunch of points into str is iffy for a character who wants as much con as possible.

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:52 AM

It's coming from your SEN not your CON. SEN crafting for max stat is easily done with just the sen set. Trust me, there's absolutely no point for ultra high SEN crafters anymore, not since the introduction of enchantment scrolls. 

#5 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:44 AM

So a pure con artisan would put points into str instead of sen to use launchers and be less of a paperweight. I want another person's opinion on this.

#6 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

you asked for an effective way to craft and I gave you the method, and an additional option to remain valuable to Party's later on if you wish. 

#7 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:34 AM

I didn't say the build you suggest may be viable, I wanted to know if there are other people who went with this build.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:28 PM

Oh, no. This build is highly uncommon. There's only a handful of people who tried it but most of the ones I spoke to were doing it for leveling/then pvp and once in PvP gun is a far better build, as it's 1v1 and easily takes kill points. 

#9 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 02:44 AM

Important question I don't want ignored:

Is the 2nd Artisan summon prefered over all the rest?

Item mall items kill artisans.

Anyway, my level 106 Artisan Con build crafting Weapons and Alchemy.

I messed up my artisan quite a bit, I'll level him this way as he currently more offensive at least.

He's messed up as the skill/stat reset skills ran out faster than I thought.

The strategy is to use the skill reset as late a possible, maybe 120 or 130.

INT is on him to use my cheaply crafted con equipment.

At reset I'll stack on the passives and a summon, the artisan attack skills, crafting passives and alchemy, and lastly weapons.

I'm still unsure how to build the character statwise, gun vs launcher.

4n2e24c.png

Going to train two other crafters for some reason. Armor and masks. Nobody crafts masks.

Armor will be build for Sen, Masks crafter will not be a serious crafter or character I will level.

Edited by saravon, 01 September 2015 - 07:44 AM.

#10 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 01:32 PM

The main question is probably: I can't level with a gun to max level as well as with a cannon can I?

Having started out with a gun feels limited. Single player leveling is helped with overkill exp but leveling that way doesn't compare to aoeing mobs that spawn in large groups.

The seemingly ideal way to create an Artisan, with stat/skill resets in mind, is to level them up with a cannon for aoe, then stat/skill reset at a high level, perhaps max level.

Trying to create and LEVEL an Artisan with no stat/skill resets creates a weaker crafter and battler overall.

Well, perhaps the Artisan can still max CON and specialize in certain crafts.

Leveling up using a gun, 1vs1, is much more terrible than leveling up using Cannon AOEs right?

A CON/SEN Artisan using guns is too hard to level?

I'm thinking my options for my current Artisan are:

1. Level up using a Gun to whatever high level, stat/skill reset at the high level

1a. stat/skill reset at ~120-150, combat/craft gun build (levels slowly, limited in crafting, slow in combat)

1b. stat/skill reset at max level, pure crafter gun build (PAINFUL HELL, but best crafting potential)

2. Stat/skill reset now, launcher combat/craft build (levels decently, less SEN, less crafting skills)

Lower level crafting perhaps isn't even worth it to spend points in crafting at low level.

The main question is probably: I can't level with a gun to max level as well as with a cannon can I?

Edited by saravon, 03 September 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#11 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:47 AM

I will make it short.

1. Level with a gun: Painful, not favorable by parties, only useful after Lv180, and probably 90~130 in Luna.
2. Level with a cannon: Less painful, semi-favorable by parties, kind of useful with 2 AoEs & grenades, less useful compared to gun counterpart when it comes to luring during lv90~130 & 180 afterwards due to slow attack speed.

Whatever you say, leveling an artisan alone is painful and hard, because the class is weaker to any other class, so they're not so prefered in parties.

If I were you, I would create a knight/champion or mage along with the artisan to level with ease.

But it's all up to you afterall.

Keep asking if you need more suggestions ^^

#12 saravon

saravon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:44 PM

I'll stick with using guns until I outgrow the monsters at Xita Refuge. I do remember how at some levels that there weren't much places to aoe.

Artisan 1: CON: Alchemy, Advanced Alchemy, Accessory Craft, Reinforce weapon (currently with awkward gunbuild)

Artisan 2: SEN: Armor Craft (gun build but stat/skill reset skill still active... launchers?)

Artisan 3: SEN: Armor Craft, Mask Craft (test gun build/save skill points)

Dealer->Bourg: (I'll use this one to figure build for Launcher Artisan)

Artisan 1: Level 148

Naked Stats: (clan skills also give stats)

kxRwdY6.png

Cheap CON set equipped:

9rAaGAI.png

Skills: (no reset, too much sp in dealer attack skills)

The artisan pierce passive is expensive(accuracy not needed), 4 sp each level.

I would have used the sp from that skill and the dealer attack skills to level up the artisan's hypno shot. (9 sp dealer attack skills, 4 sp from artisan passives)

I somehow think the dealer's magic attack skill does good damage to melee monsters.

s0InUFd.png

Edited by saravon, 18 September 2015 - 11:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users