#1 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:57 PM

hey guys , i just have some questions that i was hoping you can help me with:

1. headgears for gene solo leveling til 150

-i have WPH+alarm mask combo so i guess that helps right?

-will a COD+9 works?cos i have one lying around and i figured a faster cart cannon will be nice

-was wondering if matk gives any kind of additional damage with CC since i read that int is the main stat for it

2. 3x hunter fly RTE

-will this work with cart cannon?

-2x Hunter Fly ERDE EA8 better?

3. do i really need amistr w/ 2x loyal affinity something?basically i just want painkiller

4. i got RWC pendant+ ring. will that be good for leveling?

PLS kindly help me :) thank you

#2 MillyBear

MillyBear

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1997 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:17 PM

Depending on your funds for pots and other consumables using a +9 cod could be better than wph + alarm mask. Or you could always switch gears. Use the cod and when you're down to like 50% hp switch and pot up to full. You could switch at lower hp but it depends on where and how much are you mobbing ..

Hmmm.. Don't use hunterfly for CC.. Use a 3xas carded rte or see if you can find a cheap spell 8 erde and card it with 2xas cards.(20% cast reduc). Works well when you need that 20% more for insta cast.
Also get a +9 faw with spell enchants (4/4/4 will do.. That's 30% cast reduc )
If you're rushing 120 dex you could get temp dex boots with spell4/5 enchant that's another 10%
Use 2 rwc pendants with spell enchants ..
You will need only 20% more from the pendants if you're going with a spell8 erde ..
It all really depends on your funding .. If you share how much you're willing to spend I bet someone could give you a better reply

P.S .. Bored at work. Sucks posting from phone -_-

#3 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:25 PM

well to be honest im just starting and i only have basic few gears, like cod+9, +9 hbp, rwc accesories, WPH+alarm mask and 200M to spend with.

with the gears that you suggested i can aim for insta cast but uhmmmmm i was looking more of survivability>insta cast thats why i was thinking of using triple HF RTE. thats why i was thinking of the COD along with the RTE

#4 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:31 AM

You probably want to opt for AS instead of hunter fly cards. CC isn't that strong already so you'll want more damage oriented gears. Cast reduction is important but so is survivability. I'd say stick with WPH + Alarm Mask combo and try to get cast reduction elsewhere. Double Spell Erde is a good way to get some extra cast reduction instead of opting for a twin edge.

Have you tried grinding / soloing yet? Or mostly just doing TI? What level are you?

#5 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 05:49 PM

You probably want to opt for AS instead of hunter fly cards. CC isn't that strong already so you'll want more damage oriented gears. Cast reduction is important but so is survivability. I'd say stick with WPH + Alarm Mask combo and try to get cast reduction elsewhere. Double Spell Erde is a good way to get some extra cast reduction instead of opting for a twin edge.

Have you tried grinding / soloing yet? Or mostly just doing TI? What level are you?

i thought i can get away with AS cards >.< and yeah i kinda realized CC damage isnt that strong since i saw some genes using it in nog2 while i was using my RG.

as i have mentioned i was not opt for insta cast. aaround 70% cast reduc from stats + gears will be nice (i guess?) and yeah im thinking of going for erde with 2AS cards , should i go for EA or Spell enchants?dex temp boots with ea enchants?

im still a biochemist leveling my homun to 99 so everything is hypothetical at this point.i just tot of planning ahead instead of buying things to experiment my damage and end up wasting my limited budget

#6 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

Spell Erde?  COD + Spell Erde or WPH + Spell Erde is good for killing poring. Instead of wasting zeny on a useless weapon and which is not easy to resell it, why don't you just buy 10+ more Bm3 and reset stones to lvl up your gene, so you can put more points on Dex and int.

#7 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

well to be honest im just starting and i only have basic few gears, like cod+9, +9 hbp, rwc accesories, WPH+alarm mask and 200M to spend with.

with the gears that you suggested i can aim for insta cast but uhmmmmm i was looking more of survivability>insta cast thats why i was thinking of using triple HF RTE. thats why i was thinking of the COD along with the RTE

CoD+9 is fine, just save for a KK card to put on it.

+9 HBP is good too, try to reach 90 in all the relevant stats for the bonuses, you can card it with Raydric for survivality.

WPH+Alarm Mask, is already good.

I'd suggest you try to get an Orleans Gown for ininterruptable cast time...maybe get several of them and card them with Elemental Resist Cards (Pasana, Bathory, etc)

Also, get your set of Racial Carded shields (I personally like Round Bucklers). Alice (MVP'ing) and Thara Frog (Demihuman) go into Valk Shields and Hodremlin goes well into an overupgraded Immune Shield.

RTE is best with 3 Archer Skeleton (AS) cards it will benefit both your CC and your AB.  You really don't need HF cards because you already have the WPH and Alarm combo, just swap to them when you need to heal.

Keep in mind that if you use Elements on your advantage you'll do more damage. Stock up on Iron, Holy, Dark Cannonballs and use accordingly. Since Iron Cannonballs are neutral you can use Elemental Converters on them.

About the Homun...well I got a Bloodlust Amistr and then turned it to Sera...but I think is not mandatory. (Bloodlust helps in leveling somewhat)

Edited by Erydanos, 08 September 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#8 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:34 AM

hello just wondering if this setup can work:

+9 EMH

+9 3x AS RTE

+9 FAW EA10

Temporal Dex Boots EA4 HE

w/ 120 dex i can insta cast my CC w/o cast reduction right?thats why i tot of going pure damage for CC?

i read that BP/LD or RM is good for AB but how about HE?

#9 carlos1689

carlos1689

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMonterrey,Mexico

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

LD is superior  to HE in terms of AB damage because   every 3 point of luk give 1 attack/Matk  and   every 5 points of Dex give  1 attack/Matk   and   also the lucky day proc doesnt have  a drawback like the Hawkeye  enchant .

#10 KirinKishi808

KirinKishi808

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 984 posts
  • LocationThe Silver State Union
  • Server:Chaos / Sakray

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:17 AM

AB: Bear's Power > Lucky Day > Hawkeye (not sure about RM in this)

CC: Runaway Magic > Bear's Power > Lucky Day > Hawkeye

The only good thing about HE is that you can get inta cast easily, but the damage increase is not huge

#11 bassman767

bassman767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:37 AM

120 dex is not enough for instant cast... idk where u get that info but here is how you get instant:

dex*2+int = 530 OR

100% variable cast time reduction though gear such as 

spell FAW 30%

spell rwc 32% (perfect spell ring x2)

spell weapon 20%

+9 COD 20% 

that's already instant cast for all no fix time cast such as CC.

But AB still have fix cast time.

as for the boots:

AB:

if you are tanking BP>RM>LD>HE

if you are not tanking, it doesn't matter since BP won't porc, RM need fire expansion to porc, Lucky day rarely porc since AB is consider one hit.

CCing:

you need FE to porc RM

RM> BP> LD/HE

HE is good if you don't have instant cast, but the draw back is a mei....

Edited by bassman767, 12 September 2015 - 02:37 AM.

#12 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 05:28 AM

120 dex is not enough for instant cast... idk where u get that info but here is how you get instant:

dex*2+int = 530 OR

100% variable cast time reduction though gear such as 

spell FAW 30%

spell rwc 32% (perfect spell ring x2)

spell weapon 20%

+9 COD 20% 

that's already instant cast for all no fix time cast such as CC.

But AB still have fix cast time.

as for the boots:

AB:

if you are tanking BP>RM>LD>HE

if you are not tanking, it doesn't matter since BP won't porc, RM need fire expansion to porc, Lucky day rarely porc since AB is consider one hit.

CCing:

you need FE to porc RM

RM> BP> LD/HE

HE is good if you don't have instant cast, but the draw back is a mei....

i mentioned insta cast with 120 dex together with hawkeye proc..

i dont have the proper gears yet for insta cast right now i only have what i mentioned above

as i am not able to reach insta cast im trying to get enough damage from gears and "usable and doable" casting time reduc from stat alone and the hawkeye proc.

i forgot to mention that i will be using this build for leveling purpose only (side ET with guildies as an extra dps only)

thanks for your time for responding tho :)

really appreciate it

#13 bassman767

bassman767

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Server:renewal

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:11 AM

unless your dmg increase can grant you one less cast of CC, then cast time reduction is what you are aiming for, especially for leveling.

and porcing HE for instant cast is not an option for me, since it wont' last long. 

Edited by bassman767, 12 September 2015 - 06:13 AM.

#14 8680131223225524097

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 12 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

use HE only if u are using +9 vana / +9 rwh :)

#15 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:30 AM

update:

1.was able to make a TempDex boots EA4 LD and one thing that i learned here is to listen from veterans so ill follow your tips guys

2.can you recommend a stat build for lvl 99 gene?im using sera btw but my homunculus is only lvl 99 atm >.> long way to go before pain killer

#16 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:07 AM

update:

1.was able to make a TempDex boots EA4 LD and one thing that i learned here is to listen from veterans so ill follow your tips guys

2.can you recommend a stat build for lvl 99 gene?im using sera btw but my homunculus is only lvl 99 atm >.> long way to go before pain killer

Lv 99...well, you have to start thinking about your endgame build now.

You can check the wiki on Geneticist or the Merchant class subforum (believe me, when it comes to Gen, info is bountiful).  Dr. Azzy made a thread about optimized builds for CC and AB that you might find useful (even if it was made before the advent of Temporal Boots)

#17 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:43 AM

Lv 99...well, you have to start thinking about your endgame build now.

You can check the wiki on Geneticist or the Merchant class subforum (believe me, when it comes to Gen, info is bountiful).  Dr. Azzy made a thread about optimized builds for CC and AB that you might find useful (even if it was made before the advent of Temporal Boots)

well yeah ofcourse i have to think of my endgame build like 120 dex is already a give but what im concerned about is since im going to start CCing things how much stat should i have @ 99 in order to survive nog2/mid ti

should i just wait for my sera to get painkiller?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users