1st time player, needs advice on status and skill build~ - Knight - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

1st time player, needs advice on status and skill build~

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRunning around randomly
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 September 2015 - 03:43 AM

First time posting in the forums here, so if there's a mistake or something, please feel free to move/lock/delete this thread. :p_smile:

So, I tried playing and decided "oh let's make a knight", since (usually) they're the simplest class to play (in most other games, anyway).

Only now I'm kinda confused on how to raise my status and skill build, since there's not much guides and videos about knights in general, and the ones that exist are mostly outdated  :p_cry:  (or I'm not looking hard enough, perhaps).

Could use some advice on which status to raise and what skills to get (since most people ingame says the 40/40/8 build is kinda obsolete now), currently i'm still at 0 points after changing job. My crafting profession is alchemist, if it helps.

Ah, and I'm kinda PVE oriented, since I can't really handle PvP situations well.

So, yeah, any kind of advice is welcome :thx:

Ps: I'm playing in Odin server, IGN Linnisaa, curently level 27 and just picking herbs all day :heh:

edit: nvm, got some advice from a very helpful person
hope to see you all fellow knights ingame :p_smile:

UPDATE: As of 20th september, I'm now a Master Knight :p_laugh:
Thanks for the help and advice, everyone :D

Edited by meowlisaa, 20 September 2015 - 01:23 AM.

#2 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 05 September 2015 - 04:13 PM

Weed forever xD

#3 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

Stat full vit
Use battle tactis
Avoid head crush
Shield fortress quite no used now
These are my 2 cents XD
Anyway if you look in this section there are some recently updated builts

Edited by Shinyusuke, 06 September 2015 - 12:33 AM.

#4 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 10:58 AM

Weed forever xD

Ah yes, so many potions, yet so few earth essences! :p_omg:

Stat full vit
Use battle tactis
Avoid head crush
Shield fortress quite no used now
These are my 2 cents XD
Anyway if you look in this section there are some recently updated builts

Whoa, that's exactly the build he told me xD
Works nicely, although I keep missing quite a bit(unlucky :wah: )
Ah now that you mentioned it, I kinda noticed. But whenever i click on the skill build simulator links provided, it just puts me to the search page, so... yeah.

Anyways, should be fine for now. Thanks a lot :p_smile:

#5 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 September 2015 - 11:35 AM

Ah yes, so many potions, yet so few earth essences! :p_omg:

Whoa, that's exactly the build he told me xD
Works nicely, although I keep missing quite a bit(unlucky :wah: )
Ah now that you mentioned it, I kinda noticed. But whenever i click on the skill build simulator links provided, it just puts me to the search page, so... yeah.

Anyways, should be fine for now. Thanks a lot :p_smile:

Oh hello meowlisaa,

If you still need some help with Knight builds you can PM me. And recently I think RO2 base (some old guides use this skill simulator) is having some problems, so you can use RO Guard to show what build you have in mind to others.

#6 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 06:18 AM

Ah yes, hello to you, too! :p_smile:

Thanks a lot for offering, although for now I'm just debating between getting or skipping shield fortress, since, you know, 25% damage reduction to party member sounds useful (like when dungeon boss summons their minions or me and my friends bum-rushed a dungeon and got into an ambush :p_err: ), but reading around the forums and asking about it in-game, most people says it's better to skip it, mainly because when -and I'm quoting here- "you're properly geared, that damage reduction isn't going to do anything except to survive colosseum".

So yeah, now I have another dilemma :p_ang:

Ah yes, I apologize in advance if what I write doesn't make much sense or had some errors, since english isn't my mother language. :thx:

edit: Ah, almost forgot, the ro2guard link works nicely, thanks :heh:
edit2: sightly off topic, but are you the Knight Garuda standing next to Zeras NPC in prontera? Just curious..

Edited by meowlisaa, 08 September 2015 - 06:44 AM.

#7 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

Shield Fortress is pretty useful for PVE and PvP as well. When you reach Master level you will be able to buy some skill points( max 20 ) aside from the ones you get through leveling up. Some of your skills also extend up until lvl10 making them more stronger.
Knights right now are one of the top tier classes for PvE/PvP. Pretty much max your mitigation and damage skills.

#8 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:09 PM

All right, one maxed shield fortress, coming right up! :ok:
Thanks for the advice~

#9 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:44 PM

Ah yes, hello to you, too! :p_smile:

Thanks a lot for offering, although for now I'm just debating between getting or skipping shield fortress, since, you know, 25% damage reduction to party member sounds useful (like when dungeon boss summons their minions or me and my friends bum-rushed a dungeon and got into an ambush :p_err: ), but reading around the forums and asking about it in-game, most people says it's better to skip it, mainly because when -and I'm quoting here- "you're properly geared, that damage reduction isn't going to do anything except to survive colosseum".

So yeah, now I have another dilemma :p_ang:

Ah yes, I apologize in advance if what I write doesn't make much sense or had some errors, since english isn't my mother language. :thx:

edit: Ah, almost forgot, the ro2guard link works nicely, thanks :heh:
edit2: sightly off topic, but are you the Knight Garuda standing next to Zeras NPC in prontera? Just curious..

Oh yes, I'm Knight Garuda who stand next to Zeras Hyperion. :p_laugh:

Shield Fortress is our signature move and I belive this skill play an important role in any area of RO2, but if you feel it's useless for now you can skip and get it later in Master Levels (post level 50), like Jhay said.

Actually I'm using this skill build and before Master Levels my build was something like this. Even builds more focused in WoE/PvP use this skill like this one, but this build in specific make a lot of sacrifices and rely on a lot of inteligence points (to be really functional this build need 3,000 or more INT). In the end game of RO2 damage mitigation always helped parties and raids to survive high risk situations and now with the high damage of monsters and players this skill can help save lives. 

Oh don't worry about language. English is not my mother laguage neither. XD

#10 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:33 PM

Why did you put only 1 on shield boomerang? And 5 on shield bash?
Shield boomerang it's the best to keep aggro, do a lot of damage and 1 shot up to 10 players (pvp) or lower level monsters (usefull to farm).
Shield bash is nice only for the knock down and the +2 aura so why adding more than 1 point?

#11 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:59 AM

Oh yes, I'm Knight Garuda who stand next to Zeras Hyperion. :p_laugh:

DING DING! +1 for me~ :heh:
Hmmh, so I guess community managers representatives (fixed, my mistake) have their avatars spread ingame? By the way, just wanted to say your avatar's armor looks awesome :p_love:

Why did you put only 1 on shield boomerang? And 5 on shield bash?
Shield boomerang it's the best to keep aggro, do a lot of damage and 1 shot up to 10 players (pvp) or lower level monsters (usefull to farm).
Shield bash is nice only for the knock down and the +2 aura so why adding more than 1 point?

Hmmh, he did say the build has to sacrifice some skills and stats to finish the build, so maybe it's that?
That said, I think what you're saying is a very valid point, imho :p_smile:.

I should lurk around some more to get info :heh:

Edited by meowlisaa, 09 September 2015 - 04:04 AM.

#12 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 September 2015 - 07:04 AM

I'm one of the knighs that since this game opened has his shield fortress always ready but recently I took it off it's useless most of the time.
In my game time i noticed that the worst attacs now are singletarget so use shield fortress to protect a player means in them 30 seconds that a dps will probably steal your aggro. This wouldn't be a problem if bosses couldn't 1hitKO weaker players like cloth armor ones.
Right now the gap between players regarding damage taken and damage output it's crazy and a 50% less damage can be useless so why not invest in skills that increase your aggro and your damage output against as many monsters as you can?
I agree that some AoE are still bad and a shield fortress can be a nice help but what the point in using it saving half of the damage lost aggro and see your party members being killed one after another and your healer not knowing who heal first (unless the healer is the first one to get the aggro and being killed)? Isn't better to suffer a double damage but keeping aggro so that the healer can cure you and cure the others with calm because you will keep the aggro?
This idea would be completely wrong if sf was needed to counter an AoE that deal a damage equal to 100% every player life points.

#13 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 01:02 PM

I'm one of the knighs that since this game opened has his shield fortress always ready but recently I took it off it's useless most of the time.
In my game time i noticed that the worst attacs now are singletarget so use shield fortress to protect a player means in them 30 seconds that a dps will probably steal your aggro. This wouldn't be a problem if bosses couldn't 1hitKO weaker players like cloth armor ones.
Right now the gap between players regarding damage taken and damage output it's crazy and a 50% less damage can be useless so why not invest in skills that increase your aggro and your damage output against as many monsters as you can?
I agree that some AoE are still bad and a shield fortress can be a nice help but what the point in using it saving half of the damage lost aggro and see your party members being killed one after another and your healer not knowing who heal first (unless the healer is the first one to get the aggro and being killed)? Isn't better to suffer a double damage but keeping aggro so that the healer can cure you and cure the others with calm because you will keep the aggro?
This idea would be completely wrong if sf was needed to counter an AoE that deal a damage equal to 100% every player life points.

I can't cancel shield fortress once it's up? I mean, by clicking the buff icon below the health bar? That's not good :wah:

So if I want to use shield fortress effectively, I'll have to let the healers know at what situation I'm gonna use it (mobbed, 2 or more people at less than half health, etc) and who to heal while it's up (like for instance, the melee DPS with 50% health left, then to off-tank if any and then back to tank, like that, maybe?).
Wouldn't really be a problem if I'm playing with friends, but it could be dangerous if I'm going with randoms.

Not that playing with random is bad, but sometimes miscommunications do happen :p_smile:

Thanks for explaining, that gave me a something to think about! :thx:

#14 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

You're welcome

Anyway these are my thoughts maybe someone else will disagree

i got this idea when i saw a sm in my party killed by 1shot because for a combat bug i lost all my aggro

#15 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for the input, this is the build I'm going for:
http://www.roguard.n...51015141101015/

Gonna max shield fortress because one of my friend is a rogue, and she's squishy :p_cry:
Chugs potions like it's nobody's business, too (the doping skill is awesome, though).

This is pre-master level, btw. Wanna enjoy the journey before I do the master level quest, as I've heard that it's a massive grindfest :heh:

Currently level 46 and just exploring :p_laugh:

EDIT: I messed up, it's supposed to be 3 levels of GC, not 4. Also fixed some spellings.

Edited by meowlisaa, 16 September 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#16 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:02 PM

An hint for your friend: refinement is safe at lv1 so if he refine with poliniun at lv1 every gear he will gain a bit of def and attack

#17 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:57 AM

An hint for your friend: refinement is safe at lv1 so if she refine with poliniun at lv1 every gear she will gain a bit of def and attack

ftfy~
Right, will do :p_smile:
Thanks again :heh:

Any advice about cards? I searched around and I only found post-ML card infos.
Will brown rackuf card suffice? We're still using 5 of those :ok:

#18 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:18 AM

There are a lot of better card pre-ml dungeon bosses ones are good but rare you don't use bt or i would suggest any int- agi oriented. Since you are the tank i would suggest any str-vit and for your mate any agi-vit

#19 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:42 AM

I wouldnt invest on a Str- agi or agi- int card. You would want int-vit cards. If youre not level 50 or ML1, i wouldnt really worry about cards atm. Use those Requiem Cards or Sand Mane Leader cards. The Requiems are pretty cheap on AH. Plus they give a lot more bonus than non- AoV cards.

Edited by jhay1825, 17 September 2015 - 05:43 AM.

#20 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:13 AM

There are a lot of better card pre-ml dungeon bosses ones are good but rare you don't use bt or i would suggest any int- agi oriented. Since you are the tank i would suggest any str-vit and for your mate any agi-vit

Can't really take the time to farm bosses, sadly :sob:
But we'll do it if we have the time :heh:

I wouldnt invest on a Str- agi or agi- int card. You would want int-vit cards. If youre not level 50 or ML1, i wouldnt really worry about cards atm. Use those Requiem Cards or Sand Mane Leader cards. The Requiems are pretty cheap on AH. Plus they give a lot more bonus than non- AoV cards.

Ah, so I guess we'll try to farm them once we reach moroc, thanks :thx:

#21 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:31 PM

Oh sorry for taking so long to post. When they wrote Forgotten Payon quests they asked us if we wanted to be npc's, so I took a screen shoot of my character and posted. Luckly my character was one of the selected to be part of Forgotten Payon questline. And the the armor the NPC is using call Cazar, you can use it when reach master level 30 (level 80).

And about the builds I mentioned before, only the last build I used as example make sacrifices. Because you let some of your skills like bash or battle order at level one and it rely only in battle tatics to keep your threat.

Looking the build you posted I noticed you evolved a lot in the past time.

About cards....The problem with Requiem is he inside Osirirs dungeon and most players only go to this dungeon at ml 12~23 to level up, but you can try farm with your friends. And about the other card there is only one Sand Mane Leader for each channel inside the sand mane camp and the place is packed with monsters, so it may be difficult to farm without some scort.

Edited by GarudaBlack, 17 September 2015 - 05:34 PM.

#22 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:27 AM

Oh sorry for taking so long to post. When they wrote Forgotten Payon quests they asked us if we wanted to be npc's, so I took a screen shoot of my character and posted. Luckly my character was one of the selected to be part of Forgotten Payon questline. And the the armor the NPC is using call Cazar, you can use it when reach master level 30 (level 80).

And about the builds I mentioned before, only the last build I used as example make sacrifices. Because you let some of your skills like bash or battle order at level one and it rely only in battle tatics to keep your threat.

Looking the build you posted I noticed you evolved a lot in the past time.

About cards....The problem with Requiem is he inside Osirirs dungeon and most players only go to this dungeon at ml 12~23 to level up, but you can try farm with your friends. And about the other card there is only one Sand Mane Leader for each channel inside the sand mane camp and the place is packed with monsters, so it may be difficult to farm without some scort.

It's ok, I've been digging around the forums a lot :heh:
Well, at least I'll have something to look for once I hit ML30 xD

Am I evolving in a good way? Or bad way?
I haven't allocated any skill points aside from maxed bash, battle orders, maxed GC and 1 level of shield boomerang to pull mobs, because I don't want to have to reset later on :p_sad:

Huh. so I guess cards are kinda low priority for now :thx:

EDIT: I messed around in the simulator, and it looks like I still have a lot of leftover skill points. Should I max shield boomerang? Or should i leave it at level 1 and max the SB mastery (chance to reset cooldown, aura gain and all that jazz)?

What about aura heal? I noticed you maxed it in the post-ML build, but reading around says it's kinda, uhm, useless?

It seems like whenever I got answers, I ended up with even more questions, sorry about that :ani_sry:

Edited by meowlisaa, 18 September 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#23 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

I personally at ml maxed shield boomerang a **** ton of damage to 10 targets and maxed aura heal it's not a big heal but really helpful since at max level heal up to 3 nearby allies

#24 meowlisaa

meowlisaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:22 AM

I personally at ml maxed shield boomerang a **** ton of damage to 10 targets and maxed aura heal it's not a big heal but really helpful since at max level heal up to 3 nearby allies

If I maxed shield boomerang, should i just leave GC at level 3?
Hmmh, I guess i'll skip aura heal since it's still kinda debatable :wah:

#25 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:57 AM

GC need to be maxed for grinding

0 user(s) are reading this topic