A list of allowed edits and 3PPs - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A list of allowed edits and 3PPs

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#101 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:38 AM

It amazes me that so many people are okay with GRF mods being legal with all the potential that they have but will throw a fit over Autopot. 

Even if someone has a GRF edit that goes beyond just an aesthetic change and gives them an advantage, it still doesn't play FOR them automatically like autopot does.

That's the difference.

#102 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:37 AM

Even if someone has a GRF edit that goes beyond just an aesthetic change and gives them an advantage, it still doesn't play FOR them automatically like autopot does.

That's the difference.

One is worse than the other, but they still both fall under the realm of cheating in my opinion.

If you don't agree, that's fine.

#103 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:46 AM

Confirmed this too w/my own ticket and safe for WOE video. /thx Camp

-----

VModCinnamon:

You may re-upload the same, but please make sure name of the GM is not visible.

qWan6ix.png

----

^ there ya go and thx again Cinn.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 21 September 2015 - 03:41 PM.
Removed ticket content.

#104 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:21 AM

That's the difference.

both are stupid.

#105 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:36 AM

someone post zoomhack plz since it's allowed kthx.

Campitor Removed for reasons

#106 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:51 AM

Greetings, So yes those are a short list of edits that we are not currently banning for. Please understand that if edit gives you an unfair advantage then we may start suspending for it. The list may change at any time. If you do decide to edit your client you should be aware that there is the possibility that the client installation will become unusable now or in the future due to a game update. 

Please DO NOT share how to guides on client edits as only users with good technical knowledge should even think of doing unofficial edits.

Tip for determining if a particular edit is okay: If you really have a doubt about if we would suspend for it or not; then we will most likely suspend for it.

#107 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

Proof read and corrected a ton of spelling mistakes.. I have not had any coffee today.

#108 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:00 AM

What about recording of the legal edits for things like woe videos? I would assume it is fine, but sometimes the support can be... trigger happy in some cases. :v

Edited by Toxn, 21 September 2015 - 10:01 AM.

#109 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

One is worse than the other, but they still both fall under the realm of cheating in my opinion.

If you don't agree, that's fine.

Umm if something is allowed it's not cheating hun.

A pink aura wouldn't hurt anyone. Infact, it would be a good change to be made official. It'd be much like changing your skins, etc.

I feel the same way about cursor colour and cast circles

Editting sprite sizes etc is stupid tho. But colour changes to mundane things that function like skin changes are ok. And I play 100% vanilla, I don't even change the skin. Well I use RCX for renewal features, I guess that is cheating too ;o

That said, I'm totally getting a new cursor and aura if I can figure out how, given the blessing of this post. And also, maybe a cast circle. Mostly because I'm tired of losing my blue and white cursor in the sea of blue and white windows in the spam of white stuff that is WoE lol.

If anyone can tell me why having a green aura or yellow cursor or a cast circle that looks like pusheen affects other players, I'll take that back 100%

Edited by Xellie, 21 September 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#110 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:43 AM

Umm if something is allowed it's not cheating hun.

A pink aura wouldn't hurt anyone. Infact, it would be a good change to be made official. It'd be much like changing your skins, etc.

I feel the same way about cursor colour and cast circles

Editting sprite sizes etc is stupid tho. But colour changes to mundane things that function like skin changes are ok. And I play 100% vanilla, I don't even change the skin. Well I use RCX for renewal features, I guess that is cheating too ;o

That said, I'm totally getting a new cursor and aura if I can figure out how, given the blessing of this post. And also, maybe a cast circle. Mostly because I'm tired of losing my blue and white cursor in the sea of blue and white windows in the spam of white stuff that is WoE lol.

If anyone can tell me why having a green aura or yellow cursor or a cast circle that looks like pusheen affects other players, I'll take that back 100%

If it was official, I'd feel differently. Random pserver edits do not sit well with me. As it is, I don't feel as if the GMs have been very clear, and knowing their consistency someone will be banned for it next week because oops, someone forgot to tell everybody. I'd also like to know what kRO thinks about the GMs supposedly officially allowing GRF edits given their history of doing things that gets them in trouble, or if it us one of those things they are allowed to do as they wish.

#111 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:50 AM

If it was official, I'd feel differently. Random pserver edits do not sit well with me.

what if I got my pink aura from ikea?

#112 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:54 AM

what if I got my pink aura from ikea?

Only if Ikea agrees to make a furniture line for RO guild houses. And kRO develops a housing system. So much yes.

#113 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

If it was official, I'd feel differently. Random pserver edits do not sit well with me. As it is, I don't feel as if the GMs have been very clear, and knowing their consistency someone will be banned for it next week because oops, someone forgot to tell everybody. I'd also like to know what kRO thinks about the GMs supposedly officially allowing GRF edits given their history of doing things that gets them in trouble, or if it us one of those things they are allowed to do as they wish.

Please note we just aren't banning for it, I want to stress that. Technically we discourage their use. We cannot support them should they cause any issues with user's clients. If a user should use them then they do so at their own risk. If they cross the line into cheats then they will get suspended if we catch them, there is no warning.

I am drafting an email right now to be shared across the teams to stress our stance on these edits.

#114 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:08 PM

Sigh, whatever happened to the days when any grf edits were considered illegal?

#115 deesrojournal

deesrojournal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:ggdeeofficial
  • Server:iRO RE:Start Odin

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:10 PM

nvrmind

Edited by deesrojournal, 21 September 2015 - 03:16 PM.

#116 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:36 PM

If they cross the line into cheats then they will get suspended if we catch them, there is no warning.

( ゚д゚)・∵.

#117 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:52 PM

Sigh, whatever happened to the days when any grf edits were considered illegal?

The only difference between then and now is that now legit players are allowed to skin their auras and cast circles and such without being bopped on the head. Even when it was "illegal" people still did it. At least now we can enjoy it without being fugitives.

#118 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 05:57 PM

I have my cursor color edited.

Small things like that still give an advantage.

There's pnuema timers over the pnuema, custom edits for people with status effects, etc.

Greyscale maps are ugly, but I can attest to them being much easier to navigate with.

Almost nothing should be allowed to be honest. People will just keep pushing boundaries.

-removed-

VModCinnamon:

Guilds drama and accusations does not belong here.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 September 2015 - 01:13 AM.
Removed portion of post. No drama please.

#119 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:03 PM

Almost nothing should be allowed to be honest. People will just keep pushing boundaries.

Agree 100%.

#120 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

Also agreed

#121 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

I have my cursor color edited.

Small things like that still give an advantage.

There's pnuema timers over the pnuema, custom edits for people with status effects, etc.

Greyscale maps are ugly, but I can attest to them being much easier to navigate with.

-removed-

Actually that was the King Me Emblem from -removed-

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 September 2015 - 01:15 AM.
Edited in quote, removed illegal server name.

#122 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

Actually that was the King Me Emblem from -removed-

Didn't follow the pserver stuff, so my mistake if it's true.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 22 September 2015 - 01:16 AM.
Edited in quote.

#123 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:49 PM

Greetings, So yes those are a short list of edits that we are not currently banning for. Please understand that if edit gives you an unfair advantage then we may start suspending for it. The list may change at any time. If you do decide to edit your client you should be aware that there is the possibility that the client installation will become unusable now or in the future due to a game update. 

Please DO NOT share how to guides on client edits as only users with good technical knowledge should even think of doing unofficial edits.

Tip for determining if a particular edit is okay: If you really have a doubt about if we would suspend for it or not; then we will most likely suspend for it.

So confusing.....

Its legal then its not. It may change, then it mightn't.

can we just have a patch with all those included? so we'll kno whats legal and whats not.

#124 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:17 PM

How do you determine to what extend a grf edit is giving a player an unfair advantage? This sounds very subjective. You dont really make it a clear cut in my opinion. I wonder if there are also cool kid clubs going on as well.

Not that I care anyway if who will use legal grf edits and/or illegal grf edits, I dont use any single grf edit and I still enjoy the game while still rock and roll in WoE. 

#125 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

https://en.wikipedia...t_when_I_see_it

heh, guess we'll find out soon enough how far the rabbit hole goes. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users