September 23 maintenance notes - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

September 23 maintenance notes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
239 replies to this topic

#51 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:43 AM

You really don't have any more arguments, huh?

Because if I were to follow your logic, commenting on this topic is "having a lot of free time". Reading the forum in general is "having a lot of free time".

Playing any game is "having a lot of free time".

#52 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:45 AM

leveling a homunc is already letting the game play itself for you. why don't you just ask for a cash shop item that automatically makes your homunc 150 homunc S fully loyal at this rate. since you don't have a lot of free time after all.

#53 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:47 AM

Oh. It is easy to lvl you homu to 150. It is easy to get to loyal. Yes. Everything is so easy. Only need to click "Feed". Everything is so easy in forum player's eyesbecause they only read irowiki.

#54 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:52 AM

lol noxel already told you he has like 12 homunc S or w/e. just stop. maybe you should do some reading because you're clearly doing it wrong.

#55 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:29 AM

Do you have gene?

i have 17 genes and i agree with Noxnel.

#56 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:57 AM

I disagree, it's not easy since in order TO level them, especially in orc dungeon, they have to be set to KS, and if you have ANYTHING that is Amistr based, you're screwed because they have such a low base aspd with no offensive skills other than blood lust, which has a retarded cooldown time for it's duration, that they can't compete with the other homunc.  

Honestly it needs to be changed so that when YOU kill mobs, regardless if your homunc hit it at all, it gets at least SOME exp(hell even 5-10% of the base exp is better than the current system) it would make players actually go out and fight with them as intended, not afk leveling them(or afkbot leveling them like 90% of them are).

#57 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

I have 12 ( 12 Homu S type, 7 trans ) and one more on the way :3

Obsession takes many forms.

#58 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:27 AM

Jaye wants my obsession's giant form. But I must warn you, that's not even my final form!

#59 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:28 AM

I'd rather see your genetics form a giant robot by each becoming a leg or arm etc :v

Edited by Jaye, 22 September 2015 - 07:30 AM.

#60 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:05 AM

I disagree, it's not easy since in order TO level them, especially in orc dungeon, they have to be set to KS, and if you have ANYTHING that is Amistr based, you're screwed because they have such a low base aspd with no offensive skills other than blood lust, which has a retarded cooldown time for it's duration, that they can't compete with the other homunc.  

Honestly it needs to be changed so that when YOU kill mobs, regardless if your homunc hit it at all, it gets at least SOME exp(hell even 5-10% of the base exp is better than the current system) it would make players actually go out and fight with them as intended, not afk leveling them(or afkbot leveling them like 90% of them are).

try leveling them somewhere else. i and other players have given plenty of recommendation for places to level homuns other then OD/OD2.

Edited by Ryviux, 22 September 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#61 YuriMTC

YuriMTC

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:03 AM

Boxter with bra hat and wings  :rice:

#62 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:38 AM

Leveling an homunculus isn't hard, it's just retarded how long it takes.

#63 Calza

Calza

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

NO to experience event and NO to a loyalty event. Some things need to remain a "bit" of a challenge.

Not everything can be p2w or served on a plate.

#64 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

NO to experience event and NO to a loyalty event. Some things need to remain a "bit" of a challenge.

Not everything can be p2w or served on a plate.

Events aren't p2w, learn the difference.

if it's going to be "a bit" challenging, the least that could be done is change the mechanics of how the homunc is leveled, or how their stat growth works because certain homunc have a much faster time leveling than others.  And when it comes to S, wouldn't common sense tell you that when they hit level 100 that they should get at least one of the S class skills? Not like their current system where it's 102+ for them.

Think about that.

#65 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

if it's going to be "a bit" challenging, the least that could be done is change the mechanics of how the homunc is leveled, or how their stat growth works because certain homunc have a much faster time leveling than others. And when it comes to S, wouldn't common sense tell you that when they hit level 100 that they should get at least one of the S class skills? Not like their current system where it's 102+ for them.

Think about that.

To be fair you ignored his alternate classification, "served on a plate" whuch I am comfortable assuming is what he classifies exp events as.

Staw man up another thread instead, chief!

I'm not interested in defending calza's opinions, but I think you should actually read what someone writes before talking down to them disdainfully.

#66 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:00 PM

Tu Tu Ruu!

#67 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:15 PM

if it's going to be "a bit" challenging, the least that could be done is change the mechanics of how the homunc is leveled, or how their stat growth works because certain homunc have a much faster time leveling than others.  And when it comes to S, wouldn't common sense tell you that when they hit level 100 that they should get at least one of the S class skills? Not like their current system where it's 102+ for them.

Think about that.

the GM sometime last year already cut the amount of the exp necessary to level a Homun by about 40-50% per level.

#68 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:22 PM

The last time I leveled my homun was a long time ago. It was quite tedious. Glad to see they permanently reduced the exp requirements. Its not like it was a challenge since you afked or watched your homun fight. It was simply a test of patience.

#69 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:24 PM

the GM sometime last year already cut the amount of the exp necessary to level a Homun by about 40-50% per level.

25%

#70 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

25% doesn't sound like enough to make homun leveling non-tedious, to me. So I don't see a problem with people requesting a homun leveling event.

Edited by Jaye, 22 September 2015 - 02:33 PM.

#71 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

Well, I don't really mind, it will benefit me as well haha. Want it easier? Go with it then hehe. I mean you can leave your homu leveling and go work, study, do whatever else you want to do. But players are also free to come here and express their opinion against it.

Edited by Noxnel, 22 September 2015 - 02:45 PM.

#72 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:57 PM

I don't really see the point of being against it. There is no competition with leveling homuns the way there is with leveling an actual character. Its just an unnecessary/unfun aspect of the game. If you're going to be against something, you should prop your position up with some arguments. Just sayin'.

#73 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:22 PM

I AM against it and every player that owns a homunculus is aware of how important of a role the said companion plays in the game. There is really no need for a leveling boost, not even the loyalty is that even hard.
But I'm also aware that if the ones running the game want it to happen, there is nothing I can do about it, but enjoy it.

And you said "I don't see a problem with people requesting a homun leveling event." Which gives me room to think that you think there IS a problem with those who come here express their opinion against it. Why is there a problem?
Because it's already fine the way it is, there is nothing to change, remove or add. And because you think it would be nice it should happen? So just because you want it, you should get it? Isn't it exercising your desire and not your will power to strife for something?

Edited by Noxnel, 22 September 2015 - 03:23 PM.

#74 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:24 PM

I've given my reasons on why its my opinion its not a problem.

You have not actually explained why it is a problem. ;]

#75 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

Because it's based on a whim.

Spoiler

Edited by Noxnel, 22 September 2015 - 03:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users