iRO GM is a joke. Seriously - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

iRO GM is a joke. Seriously

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
193 replies to this topic

#1 Raywang

Raywang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:18 PM

Just to get rid a piece of my mind, yes. Warpportal GM is a joke. You can have 2 less customers topping up your cashshop from now on.

Thank you.

#2 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:25 PM

what happened ?

#3 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:26 PM

tumblr_no65puVzaA1qiaxzfo2_250.gif

#4 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:35 PM

nothing to see here, just a place for free post count. yay

#5 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:49 PM

Tuu Tuu Ruu

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 22 September 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#6 Raywang

Raywang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:52 PM

Just a thought that the moderators for this game is pretty suck up due to the fact that they are one of the longer surviving games around in the market. But this does not make the game the best. People are playing this due to the lack of system requirements and the nostalgic feel of childhood.

When comparing the professionalism of the GM as compared to the other games, this game lacks a mile behind. Actions taken by the GM to the so called suspected offenders are too often very personal. There is NO guidelines to how a GM should react to a similar basis. There is also no improvement to the current situation of the game, the mistakes made that were left long ago, no measures were taken to fix them, therefore GMs are filled with job to rectify the issue, by banning, by accusing, by making gameplay experience a horror.

I am having a good guess right now, the GM of iRO are busy checking into player's account to determine where the fault lies in rather than to fix the issue in an open minded way. Ego is big, i suppose. Bots are still roaming the game, now possibly filling in more than half the community of players online, and the GM are busy dealing with players who are really playing the game. Good luck iRO.

This probably wont be the last time I log into your game, but this will be the last time i will top up your cashshop. I will stop investing in game that is incapable of handling critical situation. AND the only scoring points iRO have right now as compared to the other warpportal games is to make players invest thru the upgrade equipment event, scoring points while trying to survive in the charts of which game are the earning games in the company, probably.

#7 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:57 PM

Tuu tuu ruu if u log on the game that also helps the devs keeping a job... Tuu tuu ruu

#8 Raywang

Raywang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:59 PM

most probably. 

#9 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:00 PM

nothing to see here, just a place for free post count. yay

FREEEEEEEEEEEE
POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUNNNNNT

#10 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:10 PM

Dude, you just got SJWed by the Jaey followers! Haha! Sorry for lolling, but I do share a similar opinion about things you mentioned in this game. The partiality is too damn high.

#11 Raywang

Raywang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:55 PM

I will make a simple example for all to understand here. Duping of items, be it a mistake, negligence of the game, the GMs are humans that can do decision making. In the current situation of the game, everyone have to go thru the procedures to verifying their equipment before selling it to another person. (What the hell? You mean your incapability to rectify the situation has cause this immature actions to be taken?)

Everyone trades something of value for another. This is a fact. The controls of the gameplay in iRO shows how weak the management for a game of more than 10 years had fallen to. As soon as duping of items appear, management at first time should rectify the hole in the sock. In a community where player's opinion matters and law and order needs to be in place, culprit should be the one who suffers and not the ordinary players. Accounts with similar dupe items should be checked and banned instantly to prevent further faults. IMO, if the dupe items are sold to another person, there is no excuse but the moderators' fault for a programming error that allows the situation to happen. Whatever happens to the person who suffers from the situation, the TEAM should compensate for their errors.

Banning and checking players without stone proof of duping, accusing and removal of all items of a seller to repay the buyer who had bought a duped item show that warpportal started employing amateur to manage the game. The mistake that happened should not fall onto the fault of the buyer or seller of the dupe item but the one that dupe it. In the current situation that iRO faces now, the only opinion is to start hunting down those who dupe the items and sell it, instead of doing meaningless procedures that wastes everybody's time.

Take up your own mistake warpportal, your opinion are obvious and limited.

IMO:

1) Dupe items flowing in the game should be made legit to repay your programming mistake. Not only does this remove all redundant procedures that takes away all your human resource power. All this programmers should be returned to programming codes that are more efficient, preventing more foul play.

2) Account that holds more than one similar dupe item should be banned and checked immediately. There should be a item code for important item. Right GMs?

3) Bots should be put to an end. There is no need to lie on the amount of players of in the game, we all have eyes to see. Banning them takes away your bandwidth, reducing network costs.

I can be wrong somewhere, but at least I see an effective solution to the -_- we have to face in game right now. And warpportal can ignore this, we know where all of this will end.

*You can protect your player that has played this game for 10 years and ignore a new player, no problem. Like I said, you just lose someone who will invest money in this game, that is all.

Edited by Raywang, 22 September 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#12 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:15 AM

I believe the iRO GMs/CMs are doing great things for the community. They sometimes make mistakes yeah... but they are part of the reason why iRO is still one of the few lasting official servers around.

The problem to them right now is not having the resources to give what the community wants. They are not Blizzard Entertainment or Riot Games where they can have more support staff or hire exceptional programmers. They do what they can with their small team and iRO isn't the only game they have to manage.

Lastly, lets remember we don't manage the game or see all the behind the scenes stuff they do. Play the game, adjust to situations, and have fun.

Edited by Demeris, 23 September 2015 - 12:15 AM.

#13 Raywang

Raywang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:27 AM

I believe it is not about having standard equivalent to that of giant game makers, it is in the decision in problem solving. Anyway this is a free topic and everyone's opinion is welcome, just hope you wont be biting your own tongue when you are in a situation to face these GMs.

#14 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:32 AM

I know their problem solving isn't exactly great. I've seen all the major decisions and changes that were made throughout my RO career.pJX5Ikr.jpg

I just move on from it and try to adjust. I also try to focus on what's more important to me when I play RO. There were GM decisions that were far worse then any they have done now and I'm sure there will be more bad ones in the future. I don't work for the company and in the end, it's my decision to play the game regardless of how much I may disagree with their decision. But that goes back to the question of why do you want to keep playing and what is making you willing to put up with these things you don't agree with?

Remember, they also made some great decisions too. It's just easier to complain and take the good things given to us as things we should always expect to get.

Think about that, and good luck :)

Edited by Demeris, 23 September 2015 - 12:39 AM.

#15 rrtan

rrtan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:35 AM

I believe they are doing a pretty good job, I mean- iRO has been around for quite some time now. You also have to keep in mind that WP is limited in a lot of the things people complain about. I'm pretty sure these guys are bound by the agreement they have with Gravity. This also means in implementing data or doing developer kind of stuff.

When it comes to banning botters/abusers, WP is probably(I'm pretty sure they are) understaffed. You can tell them to hire new people, but when you look at it from a business perspective- hiring new people means spending something money they can't miss right now. Which could potentially result in a even poorer(is this even a word?) gameplay. I'm not complaining tho, I love this game and I've been playing it on/off since 2003.

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:41 AM

Tuu Tuu Ruu

Did you watched Steins Gate recently? :u

#17 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

After the crap I just dealt with over in Blizzard land, I find that the GMs and staff from WarpPortal are leaps and bounds ahead.

#18 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:48 AM

making new forum account just for this thread. hmm

#19 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWherever there's less bots.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:03 AM

Did somebody got banned? lol

#20 rockymom

rockymom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Renewal, Classic

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:51 AM

Part of the problems is that whatever staffing can be outsourced has been. This gives us staff that may not have English as their primary language so they misunderstand or poorly understand the reports sent in. They are also often people who have barely or not ever played RO, which makes it very hard for them to understand what they're looking at when you send screenshots or videos of cheats, bots, etc. Some of this can be rectified by more training or supervision before they are allowed to make decisions on their own. As long as outsourcing labor is cheaper than keeping the jobs in-house and with experienced staff, this crap is just going to continue. The few in the home office are stretched thin (<3 you Campitor as an example) and are having to try to catch up to errors made by new and often inexperienced staff.

#21 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:15 AM

You don't know the half of it...  :yawn: 
Go play wow or something, dealing with moderators is never a pleasant experience, for both parties. 
Here it is alot more personal but thats not to say any other game isnt the same, it's just a smaller community and word gets around.

Bot's cheat's w/e.
You're dealing with professional cracker's, nothing is cheat free and alot of it comes down to development tool's getting leaked or abused.
Go play literally any FPS where dying matters and people will be cheating.

Worst thing i've ever experienced is a development team stating their game was unhackable, the game was dead within a month or two.
Said truth is WarZ was one of the best games i've ever played, but once esp became widely available it lost it's charm quickly. (But it was a "Horror" themed game and in the end it was the players who ruined it, simply because they couldn't handle literally fearing for their lifes and needed hacks to feel safe.)
Here the cheats/bot's are not so bad, Cheap bombs and poisons, you can literally buy anything on the market for cheap and you can make tonnes of zeny from instances. You can 1 hit almost everyone. 

Play, don't play.
But venting here won't change a thing.

Either suck it up and carry on, or leave. 

Edited by IronFist, 23 September 2015 - 04:27 AM.

#22 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:28 AM

You can buy cheap bombs and poisons from WoE investment, which is legal and abundant. It's just that the majority of players don't know about it because they are unaware of it, maybe it's not that advertised? It's a good and clean way to make a lot of zeny, there is no need to cheat or make zeny by selling WPE or KP and all you need is a merchant class with a decent amount of base STR and max Vending and Enlarge Weight.

And bots are 100% bad. `-`

(excluding ragial)

Edited by Noxnel, 23 September 2015 - 04:32 AM.

#23 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:43 AM

Tuu Tuu Ruu

tumblr_static_7ojfrx2y2c0s80wscck0s88o4.

#24 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:51 AM

You can buy cheap bombs and poisons from WoE investment, which is legal and abundant. It's just that the majority of players don't know about it because they are unaware of it, maybe it's not that advertised? It's a good and clean way to make a lot of zeny, there is no need to cheat or make zeny by selling WPE or KP and all you need is a merchant class with a decent amount of base STR and max Vending and Enlarge Weight.

And bots are 100% bad. `-`

(excluding ragial)

You should stop with the "Please stop buying/selling WPE/KP so I can stay pay2win strong q.q" posts. RO would be dead if everyone stopped buying WPE/KP.

#25 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:53 AM

You should stop encouraging WPE scams by promoting WPE Market. What? You can't survive without having someone else to pay for you to play VIP? Pu-lease...

EDIT: I'll keep try and convincing WPE sellers to start making zeny on their own just like I learned. That's the truth most ZENYZILLAS don't want WPE sellers to know so you can leech on them. Stop with the act.

Edited by Noxnel, 23 September 2015 - 04:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users