Adding old accounts - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Adding old accounts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 aranhar

aranhar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 11:44 AM

Hey!

Been trying for 3 days to activate my old accounts and just cant get the passwords right even tho i know one of the passwords but it just doesnt work. I read in some posts that there was a password reset in october but i havent gotten any e-mails about it.

So did all the pw's get reset? Ive posted a ticket 3 days ago but no awnser yet and really dont want to play on valk...

Thanks

#2 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

Hey!

Been trying for 3 days to activate my old accounts and just cant get the passwords right even tho i know one of the passwords but it just doesnt work. I read in some posts that there was a password reset in october but i havent gotten any e-mails about it.

So did all the pw's get reset? Ive posted a ticket 3 days ago but no awnser yet and really dont want to play on valk...

Thanks

All passwords were changed due to security reasons so you have to change them yourself again (after verifying you can acces the related e-mail adress, I think this is done by the password recovery option. (by clicking on the 'forgot your password?' thingie when adding accounts).).

Tickets take a while to get a response, as there is alot of piled up tickets and the staff are VERY busy. The normal reply time to Ragnarok related tickets are 5 days, I'd use that as a guideline before rpelying to it again. Did you recieve the automated response? Make sure to check your spam folder (it could be there) AND the actual ticket on the support website as the actual replies will also show there.

#3 aranhar

aranhar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

All passwords were changed due to security reasons so you have to change them yourself again (after verifying you can acces the related e-mail adress, I think this is done by the password recovery option. (by clicking on the 'forgot your password?' thingie when adding accounts).).

Tickets take a while to get a response, as there is alot of piled up tickets and the staff are VERY busy. The normal reply time to Ragnarok related tickets are 5 days, I'd use that as a guideline before rpelying to it again. Did you recieve the automated response? Make sure to check your spam folder (it could be there) AND the actual ticket on the support website as the actual replies will also show there.

Yeah the wierd thing is that i never got any e-mail about a reset and ive gone thru the junk e-mails and none of them are named anything with iro or ragnarok and when asking for the account name bound to the e-mail it just gives me the new account name i made and not the old so i cant do a retrieval.

Getting pretty frustrating when you just wanna start playing!

#4 Chucklet

Chucklet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands [NL], stuck in traffic.
  • Server:Ymir(?)

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

Getting pretty frustrating when you just wanna start playing!

Understandable :D . I guess then you just have to be patient and wait for the reply on your ticket. Make sure they have all the info needed to work with (character names maybe even, all related e-mail adresses and your real name).
They will be able to fix it for you.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

No emails were sent out to notify players of the forced password reset. It was done in a hurry, because a fairly large number of accounts were being compromised.

If the account doesnt show up for your email address, you probably used a different email addy for it. See if any of the emails you used to use turn up anything.

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 November 2010 - 01:25 PM.

#6 aranhar

aranhar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

No emails were sent out to notify players of the forced password reset. It was done in a hurry, because a fairly large number of accounts were being compromised.

If the account doesnt show up for your email address, you probably used a different email addy for it. See if any of the emails you used to use turn up anything.

It does turn up but i cant retrieve the password becose i have my warpportal account and a new gameaccount connected to the mail and it says that it isnt registered to that e-mail which it is..

So i have to wait for this damn ticket before i can do anything :/

#7 JStarbux

JStarbux

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

It does turn up but i cant retrieve the password becose i have my warpportal account and a new gameaccount connected to the mail and it says that it isnt registered to that e-mail which it is..

So i have to wait for this damn ticket before i can do anything :/

A few things I have learned about adding old game accounts:
1) First create your warp portal account --> not related to any historic accounts
2) Then add your main Ragnarok Account. Start slow and work your way up. First assume you forgot your game account. This only requires you select Ragnarok Online, your date of birth, and e-mail address.
3) Once you verify your game account, assume you don't know the password and do a password reset. This requires the info from #2 plus the game ID you just learned again, then an image that you convert to text to verify you aren't a bot.
4) You will now get an e-mail asking you to reset your password. Before clicking on this link, go to Warp Portal and make sure you are logged in. If you are not logged in yet, this game account password reset will try to reset your warp portal password (fail!). Once you are logged in to Warp Portal, go to your e-mail account and click the 'reset' password link.
5) You are brought to a page where you fill in your new password and it shows what strength it is. Finish the password change
6) Once you have your password reset, go back to Game Accounts and choose add existing. Then fill in the game ID, new password, and e-mail address.
7) You should now receive an e-mail asking you to validate this account. Click on the link in the e-mail you get. This will verify the status of your account. Note - if you got lost along the way but your account got added and not verified, you will see a link on the right of your game ID called 'Status'. Click on this and it will send another verification e-mail for you to try from.

Other Troubleshooting techniques --> When you go through Warp Portal to Ragnarok Online and only see a link on the left called 'Register Now' you are still missing one step. Click on Register now and then see where you went wrong. If you have no Game Account added, you will need to add a game account, then verify it. If you see your game account, click on status and verify it from the e-mail link they send you.

Having said all this, I've successfully recovered 2 of 3 accounts. One of those 2 was completely blank in character login screen. I can only assume that means this account was hacked? I know for a fact it had at least one character. As for the third account, I plan to log a ticket once the support server is back up.

Hope this helps.

#8 aranhar

aranhar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

A few things I have learned about adding old game accounts:
1) First create your warp portal account --> not related to any historic accounts
2) Then add your main Ragnarok Account. Start slow and work your way up. First assume you forgot your game account. This only requires you select Ragnarok Online, your date of birth, and e-mail address.
3) Once you verify your game account, assume you don't know the password and do a password reset. This requires the info from #2 plus the game ID you just learned again, then an image that you convert to text to verify you aren't a bot.
4) You will now get an e-mail asking you to reset your password. Before clicking on this link, go to Warp Portal and make sure you are logged in. If you are not logged in yet, this game account password reset will try to reset your warp portal password (fail!). Once you are logged in to Warp Portal, go to your e-mail account and click the 'reset' password link.
5) You are brought to a page where you fill in your new password and it shows what strength it is. Finish the password change
6) Once you have your password reset, go back to Game Accounts and choose add existing. Then fill in the game ID, new password, and e-mail address.
7) You should now receive an e-mail asking you to validate this account. Click on the link in the e-mail you get. This will verify the status of your account. Note - if you got lost along the way but your account got added and not verified, you will see a link on the right of your game ID called 'Status'. Click on this and it will send another verification e-mail for you to try from.

Other Troubleshooting techniques --> When you go through Warp Portal to Ragnarok Online and only see a link on the left called 'Register Now' you are still missing one step. Click on Register now and then see where you went wrong. If you have no Game Account added, you will need to add a game account, then verify it. If you see your game account, click on status and verify it from the e-mail link they send you.

Having said all this, I've successfully recovered 2 of 3 accounts. One of those 2 was completely blank in character login screen. I can only assume that means this account was hacked? I know for a fact it had at least one character. As for the third account, I plan to log a ticket once the support server is back up.

Hope this helps.

Day 4 and still not a word from support. Still cant retrieve password due to warpportal. ZZzzzzz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users