Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

I'm in the process of making a natural crit GX for PvP and PvM, currently at around 90 sinx.
I would want to use it for WoE too, but I don't know what kind of changes have been made to it with renewal.
Here's what I came up with for my stat build so far:
100 STR
110 AGI
65 VIT
1 INT
1 DEX
110 LUK
(There was still 18 points left that can go anywhere I guess)

I needed to know what some good gear would be for it outside weapons. I wanted this to be a natural crit build so I wouldn't have to use the cardless morrigane's set. My basic weapon would have been a Double Critical Aural Jur, suggestions on that would be great too. What I'm currently stuck on is deciding what kind of headgear to use, and what armor cards to go for.

Edit:
For gear/card suggestions, I can afford some fairly high-end equipment, but nothing TOO out there.

Edited by Akami, 27 November 2010 - 01:20 PM.

#2 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:58 AM

tri mobster carded jur or 2 mobster 1 paper

Rogues treasure x 2

Your all set

edit:

Define too much , on valk mobsters are 150m each , same with paper cards , rogues treasure is 300m ea

#3 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:16 AM

I'm on Ymir, prices here are generally around half that, give or take.

It sounds good, but I'm still stuck on armor and headgear.
For headgear, I was thinking Virgo Diadem with Vanberk?

Edited by Akami, 28 November 2010 - 11:39 AM.

#4 jaythreee

jaythreee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

@ Akami
Just curious if you were planning to use any skills on a regular basis as a GX. I'm trying to decide between a more pure nat crit like your build vs. a mix between luk and dex build. What do you think?

#5 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 28 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

Actually, I was asking myself the question of what all a purecrit would be good for anyway. With 1 dex there's pretty much no chance of successful skill usage, so I was going to opt for more of a hybrid build. Particularly I thought of dropping luk down to around 70 and bringing dex up to 80.

Without decent skill usage I can't see much use for a pure crit build besides PvM and maybe MVPing.

#6 jaythreee

jaythreee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:04 PM

Hmm yeah I agree with that. Wouldn't the best weapons for the skills be daggers then? And do you think PvM would be easier with a triple sloted elemental katar or daggers dps wise? (as in normal attacking)

Edited by jaythreee, 28 November 2010 - 04:05 PM.

#7 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:53 PM

Well, for skills like Sonic Blow, Rolling Cutter, Cross Impact (I think), and Grimtooth, all require katars, you can't use them with daggers.
Before renewal I used to level in ID3 as a DD sinx since I didn't need skills to do so.

And for PvM, I think it's really a matter of preference. 3x carded ele katars are good for SB/CI, but you get double attack from daggers (unless you substitute one of the cards in the ele katar for a sidewinder I guess).
But for dps, I would go for DD. You can always use converters, or endow if you have/know someone with a sage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users