October 21 Renewal Maintenance - Page 8 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

October 21 Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic

#176 StandByMe

StandByMe

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

L60JxV3.jpg
aspiration?
LOL

?????

#177 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

Courage the cowardly dog creeped me out as a kid no idea how that was on cartoon network lolol

#178 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:29 PM

any news about the new 2015 halloween quest?

We are working to put it in during a restart later this week. 

#179 1392140604170018137

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

Aww no new quests this week?

#180 alvin1990

alvin1990

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

The Ecto Exterminator quest doesn't seem to work. Talked to the signboard in west Prontera but it didn't start the quest. Also talked to the scientist inside Juno library and still nothing happened. 

#181 Ningsih

Ningsih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:25 PM

Yes, it can't be started.

compensation with +100% exp plz

plz...... :p_idea:

#182 Khaioz

Khaioz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:01 PM

We are working to put it in during a restart later this week. 

Thanks for the reply

#183 Zukiya

Zukiya

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

Is there a thread or any other place (besides this weekly post) that has a calendar or more information about the special events/occurrences? I would like to know when every event happens if possible!

Like... How often the Enriched Hammer or Mrs. Hammer events happen? When are the special quests, gear events, holiday events happening? (and which holidays, since we're from all over the world) --- I just started playing not that long ago and to my surprise there were a few of these events that I happen to miss or someone notified me when it was already over =(. I didn't even know there were holiday events until someone lead me towards this thread, which was information that made me happy.

Could someone point me in the right direction please? I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

Any response to this question?

#184 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:42 PM

did you make a new account just to bump your own question?

#185 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 09:59 PM

L60JxV3.jpg

aspiration?

LOL

Will Oda respond to this? :P :P :P

#186 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1726 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:27 AM

Say, do we still have firesale events? Haven't seen any lately..

#187 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:37 AM

black friday/cyber monday

#188 tshin23

tshin23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:52 AM

black friday/cyber monday

Damn... Better save your KPs!

#189 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

You should be able to begin the Ecto Exterminators quest properly now!

#190 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:54 PM

Halloween Costume Headgear effects?

And since the spotlight is back in GH and Niff, is this active? 

http://playragnarok....ail.aspx?id=188

#191 Zonderlord

Zonderlord

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

Edit: Got the answer to my question a few posts ahead.

Edited by Zonderlord, 23 October 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#192 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

did you even try? https://forums.warpp...community-chat/

new events and guides are usually posted there first. how did you even get to this page without going to community chat first?

#193 Zonderlord

Zonderlord

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:11 PM

did you even try? https://forums.warpp...community-chat/

new events and guides are usually posted there first. how did you even get to this page without going to community chat first?

Simple. A person told me to click where it says PATCH NOTES with blue letters when you start the game client and it sends you straight to this thread. I see the guides for this event on that link you posted, thank you for that. However I was kind of hoping for something more like a schedule that shows the regularity of the events.

Like for example something that quotes events like:

-Enriched Hammer's event was on x month, the next one is happening on x month

-On October there's a Halloween event (or 2), November has x, x, and x events, December has these many events, and so on.

Are the events improvised and by surprise or is there and regularity(continuity) to them? Do they go by American Holidays? Or... Are there any more Holiday events to cover other cultures as well? Since iRO is a mixture of servers in which they used to have their specific Holidays. So that way casual and new players to the server like me can have an idea on what dates to play (what to expect) or to look for if we aren't regular, hardcore, or too active.

Edited by Zonderlord, 23 October 2015 - 12:15 PM.

#194 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:15 PM

nope, everything is pretty random, especially enriched hammer. no calendar/schedule :P

you just have to check back all the time. most of the holiday events go by American holidays, sometimes Chinese New Year and maybe some other ones that i can't remember. patch notes and community chat would be the 2 places to check first though, patch notes for announced events and community chat for non-announced events that people find out about and start threads about.

#195 Zonderlord

Zonderlord

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:16 PM

nope, everything is pretty random, especially enriched hammer. no calendar/schedule :P

you just have to check back all the time. most of the holiday events go by American holidays, sometimes Chinese New Year and maybe some other ones that i can't remember. patch notes and community chat would be the 2 places to check first though, patch notes for announced events and community chat for non-announced events that people find out about and start threads about.

Lol... Ok, thank you! That was all I wanted to know =)

Edited by Zonderlord, 23 October 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#196 Zukiya

Zukiya

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:11 AM

did you make a new account just to bump your own question?

If you're insinuating that the other person and myself are one and the same, then the answer is no. I'm just trying to figure out this game like him, but in my opinion, people like you make me not want to play.

Is this community always so hostile towards newbies? I've had this iRO account since 2008, (Hurr Durr Durr,  :P I shurr am playin the long con) but I quit after joining because it is impossible to get started with what little information is shared in the English-speaking community. Everyone keeps their cards close to their chest and pretends as if everyone is on the same page. Do I have to learn to read Hangul in order to get anywhere with playing, and hope Korean guides are more forthcoming, and the players more helpful? I wouldn't have bothered coming back save for the fact that I made friends with a semi-experienced person who is actually willing to help.

Let illustrate this to you. I had a question about Perfect Dodge just today, and I had to dig through 5 forum threads and a wiki page (which didn't have the answer to begin with?! Seriously?) to find a straight answer. Most of the time the Original Poster was berated by backwards, illiterate, tight-lipped, perverted, miserly, swindling, fat-cat repliers. Either that, or the thread gets derailed by some comment about genitals, or some other nonsense, or a completely unrelated question, and the original question is soon forgotten. How people keep up with that sort of behavior in a moderated forum is beyond me.

And your answer, as much as it was wrenched out of you like a dentist wrenches a tooth from an unyielding jaw, is duly noted and appreciated. Thank you for finally answering the question, which normally would not require a follow-up response on my part, but I simply had to respond to this baseless accusation of yours.

P.S. It isn't my fault that the forums list the first time you log into them with your warportal information as your "start date".

#197 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:28 AM

If you're insinuating that the other person and myself are one and the same, then the answer is no. I'm just trying to figure out this game like him, but in my opinion, people like you make me not want to play.

Is this community always so hostile towards newbies? I've had this iRO account since 2008, (Hurr Durr Durr,  :P I shurr am playin the long con) but I quit after joining because it is impossible to get started with what little information is shared in the English-speaking community. Everyone keeps their cards close to their chest and pretends as if everyone is on the same page. D

You are incorrect.

Look at the number of guides ppl put up to help, and how can you really say anything near that?

Hayroh and his RK/RG guides

Omni and his Crit DD guide

BlackCross and his physical RK guide

Azzy, Havenn and Michael on the Genetics

Fuyu and his trap Ranger guide

I don't think what you are saying about the community is true. Maybe you need to try harder?

#198 Zukiya

Zukiya

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:52 AM

If we're thinking of the same Fuyu, let me present Exhibit A.

OP has 2 chars ~Lv120, 8 chars nearing or at lv 150, and 1 char at Lv 174... and he doesn't know where to find info regarding perfect dodge? ._.

let me google that for you

spoonfeeding at its best

This was thread #1 that I browsed about Perfect dodge. Fuyu posted some neat stats above, which was great and all, but was the "spoonfeeding" comment necessary? That, and DeadIntern's remarks, are just plain mean.

I try plenty hard to find the answers, but it's frustrating having to sift through all this nonsense to eventually get to it.

#199 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:08 AM

A broken game begets a toxic playerbase. Games that are more fixed and up to date generally have a warmer community as a result.

#200 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:09 AM

When someone has a character that is near or at max level (level 150 was the level cap not long ago), much less 9 of them, there's an understanding that the guy behind those characters isn't a complete and utter newbie and should know better.

So... yeah. Snarky remarks, but not entirely uncalled for.

Also, iROWiki has all pertinent information regarding Perfect Dodge since at least 2013. Not sure what you're talking about regarding the page not having an "answer".

A broken game begets a toxic playerbase. Games that are more fixed and up to date generally have a warmer community as a result.

OBJECTION! LoL has a terribad community despite being one of the de facto gold standards for multiplayer games of this decade. =V

Edited by kingarthur6687, 24 October 2015 - 01:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users