[Important] In-Game IM Trading - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Important] In-Game IM Trading

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

Hello Dragon Saga Friends!

Because of constant questions about how scammers are handled and the regulations of IM trading in-game I felt the need to clarify some things here.

IM Trading (selling/buying) in-game is only tolerated but not supported!
We just tolerate IM trading in-game. This means that if you sell or buy IM in-game you do it at your own risk. If you get scammed we won't give back any IM/Items/In-Game money. 

Scammers are getting punished!
This applies to IM selling/buying anyway, even this is only a tolerated and unsupported action. Scamming is still a banable action no matter in which situation. But to punish a scammer we need hard evidence. This means we need a series of screenshots or a video recording of the trade. The following things must be clearly visible for us to consider the screenshots and/or video recording as a hard evidence:

• both players agree to the trade (how many gold/what items for what IM stuff or vice versa)
  • a proof that the player who sends first did send the stuff both agreed on to the receiver
  • the date has to be clearly visible

If one of these things aren't visible we can't consider the screenshots/video as a hard evidence and a punishment isn't possible.

Don't forget, these guidelines also protect everyone! If we would accept anything else as hard evidence everyone could accuse anyone else being a scammer.

I am aware that not everyone reads the forum. Feel free to share this informations with your friends.

Thank you.

#2 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for clarifying!

#3 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:30 PM

Thanks Poppie, makes a lot of things much clearer. :p_smile:

So let's just follow these instructions and we should be fine.

(talking about reporting scammers and their destiny......)

#4 Semitron

Semitron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 02:28 PM

Well....All this IM Seller/Scamming, could have been easily avoided, if just everything in the IM shop were Tradable you know   :heh:

Semi~

#5 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 03 November 2015 - 04:26 PM

Well....All this IM Seller/Scamming, could have been easily avoided, if just everything in the IM shop were Tradable you know   :heh:

Semi~

If things were like that people would still get scammed.

#6 checksome

checksome

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:03 PM

Do you ban the IP of scammers? Because I found it useless if you just ban their accounts, they will create another characters to scam.

#7 Zackx23

Zackx23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:08 PM

Semi~

Didn't stop scammers on the gPotato servers and wouldn't stop them here. Also I'm strictly against the "getting every IM tradeable" thing because there for sure positive things but as well it has some pretty dark sides as well.

#8 Nobility

Nobility

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationThe Fire Nation
  • Server:Kaye

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:23 PM

Semi~

There were reasons why those items had restrictions placed on them in the first place. Making them all trade-able might end up breaking the game. 

#9 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:12 AM

Well the reason they were restricted was to force people to buy IM lol. Going quite off topic in an important post here...

#10 Spaarky

Spaarky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationAt Home Playing Games
  • Server:The Only One

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

If things were like that people would still get scammed.

In what way dear sir? Because i cant really come up with any, mind informing us on some?

#11 Spaarky

Spaarky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • LocationAt Home Playing Games
  • Server:The Only One

Posted 28 November 2015 - 04:53 PM

Well the reason they were restricted was to force people to buy IM lol. Going quite off topic in an important post here...

Couldent agree more

#12 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:16 PM

Item mall stuff if sold is based on the gold:IM ratio. If insurance were all 48g each 1:6 ratio, and someone were to sell IM for 1:5 for instant gold without tax on market, they could potentially scam people that want stuff for cheaper.

And tbh I didn't even want to answer you or anyone since it may promote it in a whatever way.

Edited by Agitodesu, 28 November 2015 - 07:18 PM.

#13 AngelOfPaper

AngelOfPaper

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:08 AM

How can you punish scammers in game?

#14 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:55 AM

How can you punish scammers in game?

If there is proper proof that the person did scam another, support will ban them from the game.

#15 AngelOfPaper

AngelOfPaper

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:59 AM

My account and my couple's account has been banned. Any chance to unban our accounts so we can play again. I have submitted a ticket on 13th of February but no response since then.

#16 VModChimichanga

VModChimichanga

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPort of the Winds
  • Server:Our home, Vyvern

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:17 AM

My account and my couple's account has been banned. Any chance to unban our accounts so we can play again. I have submitted a ticket on 13th of February but no response since then.

Hey there. Sorry to hear about that.
Unfortunately the forum staff have no access to the information or players' accounts. You'll have to wait for support's response to hear about your case. Assuming you didn't break any rules, best of luck. :)

#17 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

With a "regular" pace, a response should come within the next 12~36 hours.

(Got a solved case in my pocket, which was initially sent on a Sunday ["no work"], the reply came on Thursday.)

#18 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home
  • Server:The last legal one

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:14 AM

So many old scamming cases, and so many new. People, arent you learning from mistakes?

I get sick of all the trade chat drama when people get scammed.

Let's talk about how scammer look like and behave:

Their names are mostly completly stupid, many have just random numbers and letters sticked together.

Their items are usaly prety bad not enchanted to any higher grade nor soulcraft.

They pretend to be unexperienced, so they can get your gold easier.

They try to win your trust by telling you fake stories.

They often sell at lower rates than the "current" rates.

How to uncover them?

Ask in trade chat if someone already bought IM from them. Don't trust everyone though.

Don't get fooled by the guild they are currently in! If a scammer joined a guild (for example Adrenaline, Era or any known guild), pm the leader or a known member and ask them.

Be smart! Create verbal traps and force the scammer to uncover themselfs by storming off in blind rage or just logging off.

And take screenshots of the character and the chat!

Same for thoes who sell IM:

If someone wants to buy IM inform yourself.

-Snip-

Edited by SammyFM, 24 February 2016 - 01:07 PM.

#19 Dragonlark

Dragonlark

Technically Minded

• Community Managers
  • 2738 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:02 PM

Hey guys, placing insults in spoilers doesn't make them okay. While the thought behind this post seems helpful overall (giving players tips on how to avoid getting scammed, as this is the theme of this thread), the last comment in spoilers was not particularly helpful to that topic, so it has been removed.

#20 SammyFM

SammyFM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationMy home
  • Server:The last legal one

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:12 PM

Hey guys, placing insults in spoilers doesn't make them okay. While the thought behind this post seems helpful overall (giving players tips on how to avoid getting scammed, as this is the theme of this thread), the last comment in spoilers was not particularly helpful to that topic, so it has been removed.

Feel free to do as you please

Edited by SammyFM, 24 February 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#21 Rainnowx

Rainnowx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationStill here
  • Server:That one

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:53 PM

If there is proper proof that the person did scam another, support will ban them from the game.

This.

The forum is simply never the place to make such report. You should contact the support with those evidences.

Edited by Rainnowx, 05 March 2016 - 12:54 PM.

#22 Usolando

Usolando

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 12:28 AM

Or not. Talking about experience here : asking around as I had reported a player, I learnt that it was at least the third time someone had done so, and that they had recovered use of their account in a matter of weeks at most, whereas some other users were banned permanently after only one report.

If an insult in regular chat (often meant as a joke) is worth even 24 hours of suspension, I would expect way more than even a few weeks for someone who knows very well that they are doing wrong to another person, in order to rob them from their items or in game money. More so when said person has been caught for the same abuse twice already.

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 06 March 2016 - 02:00 AM

There must be a CLEAR proof of the scam, the scam needs to be clearly visible. An insulting is very clear and it doesn't matter if it is a joke or not, if one needs to insult anyone else they can use guild chat, party chat or whisper to do so, but not a public chat like regular or trade. Insulting in public is not wanted - no matter if it's a joke or not - in this G-Rated game.

However, this topic wasn't meant to discuss the banning policy of our support team. It was meant to inform about IM trading rules in general.

Topic locked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users